It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. threatens to withhold aid cash to Palestinians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Maybe just maybe the USA is going to stop being everyone's sugar daddy ?

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said in tweets on Tuesday that the United States may withhold future aid payments to Palestinians, accusing them of being “no longer willing to talk peace” with Israel.

Trump said that Washington gives Palestinians “HUNDRED OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS a year and get no appreciation or respect. They don’t even want to negotiate a long overdue peace treaty with Israel ... with the Palestinians no longer willing to talk peace, why should we make any of these massive future payments to them?”

It would be nice to do a line by line accounting of where all the tax dollars go and to whom, why, and should all be reconsidered..
www.reuters.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Maybe just maybe the USA is going to stop being everyone's sugar daddy ?

Only the evil ones.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Why not use all that aid cash to aid your own citizens or to pay out some of that trillions in debt?

Don't 'aid' anyone else as a function of government, even allies.

If people who are private citizens choose to aid others, let it be by the choice of the people themselves. There are sufficient aid agencies and charity groups to fill any gaps and a general goodwill for charity.

America is only one nation among many. It isn't the world police or the world charity. It has no political mandate outside its own borders and has had its fingers burned several times interfering in the day-to-day of other nations.

Those other nations (even allies like Great Britain, Australia, France, Canada, New Zealand, Germany & Japan) are increasingly skeptical about US involvement, which almost always turns out to mean US manipulation and control.

It ain't gonna end well when we all get wise. Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!

They are all probably going to swap their allegiances to somewhere like China, which is nowhere near as warmongering or empire building and where fair and free and reasonably regulated trade can occur.

edit on 3/1/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Why should the West pay billions out to feed another country ? Are their leaders Retarded or something?
edit on 3-1-2018 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

It would be nice to do a line by line accounting of where all the tax dollars go and to whom, why, and should all be reconsidered..

Everywhere across the board.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   

It would be nice to do a line by line accounting of where all the tax dollars go and to whom

Here's a start , $38 billion in military aid over the next 10 years to Israel , I'm sure that's money well spent.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   
www.navytimes.com...

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told reporters Tuesday to expect more details on specific actions against Pakistan over the next day or two.

“In terms of Pakistan, as I said, our goal is that we know that they can do more to stop terrorism and we want them to do that. That seems pretty simple,” she said. “In terms of specific actions, I think you’ll see some more details come out on that in next 24 to 48 hours and we’ll be sure to keep you guys updated on that front.”

Defense analyst and retired Pakistani Gen. Talat Masood said vilifying Pakistan won’t bring stability to the region and belittles the losses Pakistan has suffered.

“The people of Pakistan, the government of Pakistan (has) been really seriously affected and its consequences are felt every day,” said Masood. “America needs Pakistan. Without the help of Pakistan, it can never have stability in the region.”

Michael Kugelman, deputy director of the Wilson Center’s South Asia program, said withholding aid to Pakistan is unlikely to deter Pakistani support for insurgents it sees as necessary to protect its security interests. Pakistan has long supported Islamic militants battling India in the disputed Kashmir region, and has close ties to the Afghan Taliban.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Gaza Strip. Why is it the the Israeli border gets the most attention. There are to borders to the Palestinians fake nation. One border being with Egypt. Closed just as tight. Regulated as much as Israel border.

But No!!!! The Israelis are constant attention to UN and foreign governments.

The quicker Israel owns the Gaza Strip the better.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   

United States may withhold future aid payments to Palestinians, accusing them of being “no longer willing to talk peace” with Israel.

Why would the Palestinians be willing to talk peace when Trump willingly handed Jerusalem to Israel, thereby strengthening its position in any peace and territorial negotiations? I would tell Trump to stick it as a result of his unlawful proclamations too.
edit on 3-1-2018 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Are you guys blasted, im just wondering because youre weidling crosses, stars and russian hammer thingies.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

Think you are. May your derailment continue.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

I am not weilding hammers or any other thingies thank you very much!

as for your question

The quicker Israel owns the Gaza Strip the better.

I fully agree with this statement.
edit on 3-1-2018 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sapphire

Are you guys blasted, im just wondering because youre weidling crosses, stars and russian hammer thingies.

Lol. Check out the Doug Anthony All Stars if you want to see where i got my username from, and why those symbols are in my signature. DAAS are an Australian comedy group who were quite prolific in the 80's and 90's.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

Lol. Check out the Doug Anthony All Stars if you want to see where i got my username from, and why those symbols are in my signature. DAAS are an Australian comedy group who were quite prolific in the 80's and 90's.

Thank you and you're welcome for me noticing that.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I only want to know why we cant stop giving everyone money. Bs i say.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Why would the Palestinians be willing to talk peace when Trump willingly handed Jerusalem to Israel

But he didn't, didn't he? Jerusalem was recognized as Israel's capital by the US senate back in 95, not Trump.
In addition, nothing was said about east Jerusalem.

thereby strengthening its position in any peace and territorial negotiations

How's that? Jerusalem is already under Israeli control, and was long before Trump. So how anything is changed? Besides moving a building from one location to another. And even this will be done only in 3-4 years.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaxMech

But he didn't, didn't he? Jerusalem was recognized as Israel's capital by the US senate back in 95, not Trump.
In addition, nothing was said about east Jerusalem.

This is semantics. It doesn't matter who in the US recognised it. Trump agreed to it and enacted policy changes to that effect. Additionally, recognizing Jerusalem as Israel's capital, without the East/West prefix, ensures that the totality of Jerusalem is considered as Israel's capital. You don't need to mention East Jeruslam when you make it clear that Jeruslam proper is Israel's capital city.

How's that? Jerusalem is already under Israeli control, and was long before Trump. So how anything is changed? Besides moving a building from one location to another. And even this will be done only in 3-4 years.

The US is the current world hegemon and its decisions matter. Jerusalem may well be the de facto capital of Israel, but it's eastern sector is currently being illegally occupied according to the majority of nation-states. This recognition provides further support for Israel's illegal occupation and puts it in a better position than it was previously. Additionally, the decision was announced at a suspicious time given that Palestinian political factions were merging to strengthen decisions, control and security.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   

This is semantics. It doesn't matter who in the US recognised it.

I agree that "It doesn't matter who in the US recognized it", but it was done more than 20 years ago, and not by Trump, as you claimed.

Trump agreed to it and enacted policy changes to that effect.

All other presidents (including Obama) agreed with this recognition as well. They all invoked the waiver provision, as did Trump on December 6, 2017. And he will continue to do so during the following years. Maybe, if he is still in office in 3-4 years, the US embassy will be moved to west Jerusalem (which is agreed to be the Israeli capital by most countries anyway).

Additionally, recognizing Jerusalem as Israel's capital, without the East/West prefix, ensures that the totality of Jerusalem is considered as Israel's capital. You don't need to mention East Jeruslam when you make it clear that Jeruslam proper is Israel's capital city.

In my opinion, East/West issue wan't addressed because this is something that needs to be negotiated.
Currently Israel has control of both east and west Jerusalem. For them to give up east Jerusalem is to divide their capital. Obviously they want something in return. This is not something for a foreign president to decide on. This needs needs to be negotiated.
If the Palestinians are willing to negotiate peace, there is nothing preventing them from demanding control of east Jerusalem.

Jerusalem may well be the de facto capital of Israel, but it's eastern sector is currently being illegally occupied according to the majority of nation-states. This recognition provides further support for Israel's illegal occupation and puts it in a better position than it was previously.

I can't agree with you as nothing was said about east Jerusalem. The embassy will move to west Jerusalem, not east.
This is really a matter of perspective. For a Palestinian it's a recognition of Jerusalem as Israeli capital (which is apparently
good enough reason to start riots and kill random people). For an Israeli it's meaningless, as nothing changed.
IMO, reality is the latter, as the embassy will stay in Tel-Aviv for years and the recognition was done a long time ago etc.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

Why aren't you prolific now?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
I only want to know why we cant stop giving everyone money. Bs i say.

You dont understand what money is. Undestand that and you will answer your own question.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join