It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona National Guard military police to help in Guantanamo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

The Arizona Army National Guard is sending a unit of military police to Guantanamo Bay to help with Operation Enduring Freedom.

The soldiers are deploying Friday and will be gone for about nine months.

Officials with the Arizona National Guard say this is the second deployment for the 850th Military Police Battalion in the last 10 years in support of overseas contingency operations.

The more than four dozen soldiers assigned to the 850th are part of the few remaining Arizona National Guard members serving on federal active duty overseas.

Source

So there are reportedly only 55 prisoners at Guantanamo and there are now an equal number of new military police being deployed there on top of the existing presence which I can't find a current count for.

Appears they are gearing up for some more prisoners but likely more compliant ones based on the numbers.

It's a 9 month deployment.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Hmm...Curiouser and curiouser. I wonder who the guests are that they're expecting?

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I guess I needed a refresher course; Operation Enduring Freedom

On May 2, 2011, U.S. Navy SEALS launched a raid on Osama Bin Laden’s compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan, killing the al-Qaeda leader and mastermind of the September 11th terrorist’s attacks (O’Rourke). Operation Enduring Freedom officially ended December 28, 2014, although coalition forces remain on the ground to assist with training Afghan security forces (Torreon).

The U.S. Navy had two Medal of Honor recipients during Operation Enduring Freedom, both Navy SEALS, Lieutenant Michael P. Murphy and Senior Chief Special Warfare Operator Edward C. Byers Jr.

Operation Iraqi Freedom

Military Objectives Met

I guess whichever operation they really mean could be considered classified at this time?

Indictments...
I need a tick tock meme.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

Was hoping someone would pick up on that. I don't like bumping my own thread for failure of presenting all facts.

Much appreciated!

Actually wondering if this has been reinstated by the EO for human rights at this point.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: loveguy

Was hoping someone would pick up on that. I don't like bumping my own thread for failure of presenting all facts.

Much appreciated!

Actually wondering if this has been reinstated by the EO for human rights at this point.

I don't know but I found a cool list of operations here.
Sorry. I don't mean to drift.
Operation New Dawn maybe?
Can I put this here?

Click the picture at link to read the four pages named "Let the dominoes fall."

Again, I'm sorry to drift from main story.

Are NG MP's as hard-assed as ya' know regular MPs are? No matter, they're representing the State of Arizona in this case?

edit on (1/2/1818 by loveguy because: punctuation

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy

Indictments...
I need a tick tock meme.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sweet!

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Appears they are gearing up for some more prisoners but likely more compliant ones based on the numbers.

Hillary, Bill, and Donald, with friends are all being relocated to more suitable accommodations.

new topics

top topics

join