It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Darkest Patterns S01E06 "VANITY" [Full Episode]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
To comprehend the future we must understand the present. To understand the present we must comprehend human nature and the past.

A Cinematic Treatise on THE DARKEST PATTERNS of the Saga of the Human Race
Episode 0: "PRIMER".
Episode 1: "PRIMAL".
Episode 2: "CHAOS".
Episode 3: "ORDER".
Episode 4: "DEIFICATION".
Episode 5: "CONFLICT".
Episode 5: "VANITY".
TRAILER
SITE

I really worked last week to have an embedded player here in the page for you all, but after waiting forever for Liveleak and then one round of removing blocked clips for Youtube it gave me more. But the archive.org links below you can right-click and direct download or just click them and their streaming player goes to work.

In this episode we mostly focus on how transnational trade fueled vanity & conflict while we dabble in the lavish lifestyles of the rich and famous of Minoa, China, Egypt, Nubia and Babylon.

Streaming:
www.dailymotion.com...

Streaming (if just click on it) + Direct Download (if right-click "Save As"):
archive.org... (1.3GB)
archive.org...

edit on 2-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Dude...

I just saw this post but obviously I had to go back and find episode one. That was incredible. How did you even get all those pieces to fit together introducing such a broad topic, that I have so much trouble articulating myself, using mashed up videos?!

The end was such a great touch to your intro. I'm speaking of the blond woman who basically summarized the clips beforehand sort of from a global phenomena into a personal psychology..

Of course she speaks to Ignorance is bliss in the midst of tying this altogether, then pointing out "ignoranceisntbliss."

Nicely done.

If that is truly the introduction. This IS my favorite topic. I'm very intrigued. You actually did that thing to me, where my brain can't handle it, but instead of shutting down it stretches out feeling odd, ya know. OR it makes you express tears or strange looks or smiles of truths? Sort of like "whoa I forgot that was me." In a dumbfounded, yet enlightened sort of way.

What did I tell you of my articulation skills? Ha.

Amazing job!

edit on 2-1-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Aw schucks man.

For 11 years I've been literally consciously developing my brain (in neuroscience terms structurally altering it) for the day I'd finally initiate this project. You can see it in my antics around the site, people always making comments about my sort of religious use of posting youtube clips (often as if I just believe everything on youtube) but a good half of the time I'm doing all manner of odd culture comedy etc reference clips to any topic as its all part of my conditioning, my training regime that's been going on forever now although offsite for many years. My memory is different; often a curse; I dont forget hardly anything so I have to channel it; its had major social implications on my life; and so I've been archiving the world of cinema in my brain, in my discs all these years for this project even the many years I was far removed from all this "IIB stuff".

Of course I have an appeal to the dark, bizarre, intense, shocking nature of things and cant not run my project like I am, so I've been under intense apprehension about how people will respond, am I shooting myself in the foot, does it suck... Trying to balance dry with loud, dull with funny, normal with intense.... All these years and then the past 6 months I started having stuff to actually show people, but had to hold back until S01 was about all set to render. And then I start doing it but almost no response yet so my pins and needles of has this all been a waste still yet ongoing...

But I realize its so weird, different, that most people that do bother with it probably gonna have to see this season even play out to know what to even make of all my craziness so I've been not to freaked out about the apparent lack of appeal / reaction so far... and honestly praise is a weird thing for me to deal with I'm the furthest thing from some celebrity fame type creature its kind of my worst nightmare being a 'recordophobe' by birth.

So what I'm trying to say is it means the world to me seeing this reaction.

That 'iib chick', I found her by chance. Back in 2005 my pages were about all that would come up in Google for "ignorance isnt bliss" were my tons of writings etc that people used to repost like crazy in those days. But today in Google I never existed, and in Youtube for example "About 47,800 results" come up, and I cant even find my own clips amongst them. But there I find her, and wow in one take talking about abusive relationships she actually described everything I'm trying to say without even realizing it better than I could have written it! And it never even occurred to me before her that abusive relationships is exactly how we ought to be looking at our 'relationship' with our government / TPTB / MSM / political parties / politicians / etc. I havent had time since this revelation to do any digging in that direction, but it has been a new subroutine in the back of me brain ever since....

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Exactly that's the part my brain started splitting open. Your lead up into it was exactly what I needed to prime the, well, rewiring haha.

No but she was weirdly intense the way she said that. Something she understands on a deep level. Of course as she's saying it I'm not thinking of personal abuse.. all the prior images are flashing back over my psyche along with my normal imaginations of the global condition..

The Synthesis was like lighting in my synapses.

I'm saving the others for now. I'm enjoying the impact of that first video. Like it's so the way I always think, that instead of writing those 5000 posts if somone wants to know how my mind works (what I think about) I could just sit them down for a watch.

We'll see if the series holds up to the high standards of the first installment. Even if they are half as good, and let me pause and make sure I'm telling the truth on this...

Tbc

..I forgot what I was going to say, but that was the best mental train I've had a ticket on in some time.

I wonder, how many can appreciate this type of thing? When I first was online # 15 years ago? The "I'm neo trapped in the matrix" effect was hitting people more often, and Trump wasn't online yet haha. Now everyone has their heads stuffed up rabbit holes. Even I re-normalized my relationship with society over the years you know.

Comforting. Easy.

Maybe your video felt "uncomfortable." It did for me, but not in a bad way. If you are always comfortable you are never learning.

edit on 2-1-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I also think you put so many words in your posts people don't know how to respond sometimes.

People have been trained to fight injustice with YouTube likes and ATS flags.

"Oh this guy deserves to matter! But.. I have nothing to say about it. 'S&F' "

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Watched the Dailymotion link to 'VANITY' up until Babylonian Barley then had a headache feeling like the 'channel' kept flipping between maybe 3-4 channels.

It was like the episode was an ET visitor sampling Illuminati pop culture then scanning old media to find out what went wrong with society turning away from agriculture and sustenance to glamour and toxicity.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Planette

Then you missed why I was doing that...

part of a build up.

Although as an "natural born inventor" I do have an 'agenda' to try and show how at least one invention works / is made in each episode if I can help it.

Sometimes I only have so much to worker it all with. So many parts across the project I have to scrape and scour like a sick person to get 'enough' to do it all. "A chef is only as good as his ingredients".

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   
And reckon forgot why the Observers were visiting;
perhaps good time for me to dig up some old Fringe episodes

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   

They call these events The Pattern, somebody out there is experimenting only the whole world is their lab....
edit on 3-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Oh now I see the inspiration for this series and I wasn't far off at all in the Observer mindset investigating the pattern of events that led up to how we got here (or our fate).

S&F in good faith you will invest in a Mandela Effect pattern episode.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Oh now I see the inspiration for this series and I wasn't far off at all in the Observer mindset investigating the pattern of events that led up to how we got here (or our fate).

S&F in good faith you will invest in a Mandela Effect pattern episode.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   

That is one of my favorite fictions actually, they really got my attention in the first season with the Tech War especially.

Although I first envisioned this project in 2006. I just couldnt do it all then: desktop tech not good enough, wasnt smart enough, didnt know enough cinema / cinematic history / cinema technique / etc, wasnt wise enough on what everything its about that its become, wasnt enough sources of content for a No Budget / Negative Budget one man show to do it 'complete', too many other intended films series project distractions arose back then (which are now all merged as one here), and so on.

I do need to binge the entire Fringe series again and scoop up all the little pieces I might cut in, especially when i get closer to the present.....

But the "Patterns" is the only proper name this project can be called, as its not just what it is but its what we humans do. Across every civilization, every time period, from ancient to the future we figure out zany permutations, and even new patterns to follow, sure,, but patterns of behavior is what we do because its all encoded in our DNA, and we're socially engineered to of course. h, and the title fits my original 'Language of TV' theme.

So part of my grand challenge in all of this isnt just to show 'the patterns', as just showing how screwed up we are / the world is I could do that in one hour or so done, its how to break the patterns.... before its too late.
edit on 3-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I just finished Primal....

I'd say more but I must get off of here before I stay up all night and miss work.

I love the presentation. In a lot of ways it's the most 'complete' story telling I've ever seen. What do I mean? My brain is not one track to get to one answer. I think over and over from other angles and then I mix those tracks (though I never quite master and record lol)

Warfare evolution earth changes hunting farming baby brains neurons language tribes (magic bull #e) meteor impacts super volcano ice ages neanderthal homo sapien community civilization

"Primal"

And that was very primal. I identified with all the "people" going all the way back to the 2001 chimps.

My jack of all trades mind.. (unified history movie imagination) is getting to rest while being fed new material. A short example of what I mean is the second music video in my signature.. it's an example of my thought experiments I try to run from bigbang up to me typing this message.. (it's message is the antithesis of yours but just saying)

I'm really loving this.
You have no idea.

I was even reminded of why I've always been embarrassed for being a human. It's because I can't separate myself from other people. It's the pattern of the whole thing. That need to "get out of here" led to drugs and you know that whole thing.

I never did realize at the time I was embarrassed at nature itself, and further it was my dislike of human patterns I was aiming to avoid.

Excuse my personal psychology thing there it's just I'm realizing stuff about my past all the sudden

But not making that up it is why my signature is made of three song titles

Hello, my name is human
If I were god
The circuit

See?
I wanted to be enlightened or something.. to "be god" and be out of the human circuit. Of course realizing my hubris I am a man afterall, symbolized by the devil/angel faces peaking up from below the song titles.

And here I am.

But this is such a good reference for me to keep diving back into..

it is afterall my intent to break the pattern.
Much like my circadian rhythm... totally broken lol.
edit on 3-1-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

top topics

join