It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighter Pilot Chases UFO - Shares Story on Tucker Carlson Show

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
I wouldn't be surprised if the libs used this as their message for 2020.

"Elect me and I'll share secret UFO files with you."

That actually makes sense.....the psyop is building peoples anticipation until they can't wait any longer and will vote for the ghost of Hitler just to have disclosure.

Vote KANG 2020!

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Yup, this stories 2 wacks from being beaten to death.
Interesting nonetheless, but has been discussed at quite some length on ATS over the past few weeks.
Looking forward to the next video release from TTS. Hopefully it will be a clear video that shows something we haven't seen before.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Interesting nonetheless, but has been discussed at quite some length on ATS over the past few weeks.
Looking forward to the next video release from TTS. Hopefully it will be a clear video that shows something we haven't seen before.

Yes there are several threads discussing this. I still want to know why the video we are shown doesn't seem to show the parts of the incident that the pilot describes (and describes it like it's a memorized speech).

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

So this story is starting to make headlines everywhere. As I am not sure if this story was published here on ATS...but I am thinking one of two things.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

IMO there's more to discuss as other accounts of the story are released, so, good thread anyway.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I made a thread quite awhile back describing a sighting I had in broad daylight In Kenai Alaska. To me it looked like an egg rather than a tic tac, other than that the description in the OP sounds damn near identical to what I saw. It was flat white no wings or windows or features of any kind. It was flying silently over the inlet towards Mount Redoubt, a volcano that is a prominent feature in this area.

Never mind...I thought the thread disappeared, but here it is....

edit on 3-1-2018 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Yes there are several threads discussing this. I still want to know why the video we are shown doesn't seem to show the parts of the incident that the pilot describes (and describes it like it's a memorized speech).

The video is fairly brief, it could be that this fragment is all that has been released from classified status, so far. I suspect Commander Fravor is under a good deal of pressure. He may not like appearing on television. Fear of speaking before the public is very common.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Also why he just appeared now telling his story everywhere?

And the Elizondo guy saying things like "maybe we're not alone" in all channels.

I've waited for disclosure ever since I came upon this subject, but now... I don't know. The last month was really strange for ufology. Seems more political than informative to me.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yes. 12000 feet is 2 Nautical miles. When dog fighting, if both aircraft roll left, they enter a 2 circle fight, and at the widest point will be over 3 miles apart. You can not only see the other aircraft, you can tell what he's doing. If you can't, the fight won't last very long.

A 40 boat from 12000 would be easily visible above the contrasting blue surface.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Also, That's not his video footage. The one from his incident shows the FLIR footage on a white blob, that exits to the left of the screen.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
In one interview he talks about "driving" his plane, "we drive around" ... i didn't realize that was the kind of lingo used by pilots former or current, thought personally they'd say "fly" or "piloted". Is it common to refer to your fighter jet like a car?

Neither video really seems connected to his story, though the one where it "darts out of frame" almost seems connected but its never explicitly said that it is, though as others have mentioned this is possibly just a visual effect created by zoom AND there are missing frames in that particular footage which makes it highly suspect. So whilst his story may be true (with any luck) the confusion or misleading nature of the 2 videos that accompany his story is really not cool.

The one from his incident shows the FLIR footage on a white blob, that exits to the left of the screen.

Listening carefully to his statement and it still doesn't seem to fit that footage. It's more like they engineered some footage that was vaguely similar to his account. There's so much of this that is balls, like who put Fravor and the piece of footage together, the department of defense? How did Fravor get the footage (though he probably didn't)? So many questions still to be answered and unfortunately people are lapping up the little tid-bits like they amount to full disclosure or something.

I have to wonder, if the reason some of us saw true-FO's days before this announcement, was that we were being warned about the forthcoming BS and not to just eat it up at face value
I'd like to know more about Fravor, as mentioned in another thread, if he can become autonomous - not doing this under the wing of To The Stars like their poster boy - something valuable might be learned. Right now it's just a freakin' mess.
edit on 3-1-2018 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: markymint
In one interview he talks about "driving" his plane, "we drive around" ... i didn't realize that was the kind of lingo used by pilots former or current, thought personally they'd say "fly" or "piloted". Is it common to refer to your fighter jet like a car?

I don't think that's relevant and could easily be valid for what pilots do, seems a bit desperate on your part to bring that up

" The one from his incident shows the FLIR footage on a white blob, that exits to the left of the screen."

Listening carefully to his statement and it still doesn't seem to fit that footage. It's more like they engineered some footage that was vaguely similar to his account.

Actually it does, he said once he kinda got up close to it, it rapidly accelerated to the South and disappeared in about 2 seconds. South doesn't equal downwards, it's a direction. If the pilot was facing west, then South would be directly left, as the video showed, of where west is.

-Maka out

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Maybe in your world. Pilots I know don't really like to use car terminology, they would never describe the act of flying a plane as "driving a plane". Fravor has vision problems, he wears glasses, which is interesting, because from what I recall folks with vision problems can't be fighter pilots, isn't it fact that you need 20/20 vision to be a fighter pilot or is that myth? Neither of the voices in the 2nd video (granted, the one that is probably not his video) are Fravor's. So what is this 2nd footage? Why is there no information to go with it?

In his account he describes the whole incident happening in about 5 minutes, and the footage from "his plane" lasts a good minute, yet he describes all manner of things happening none of which in his account, happen for any extended period of time, one of the most noticeable is that he says it's on an ascent (going upwards) which is never really seen in the video, steady altitude of 20,000ft. He never mentions getting a "lock on" which is exactly what's seen in the video, it's a very specific thing, you'd think getting an actual "lock" on the UFO would be one of the very first things they would mention, that their systems were confirming the visual lock etc.

He was also in a party of 2, where is the 2nd person's account? We don't need that? Like, a clear and present 2nd witness -- we just don't need that? Anyway, picking apart his credentials isn't so fair, I agree, but it's a necessary process in UFOlogy, absolutely necessary and unavoidable really, especially with "high profile" witnesses.

If you don't look at the inconsistencies, regardless of whether they're true or not, you won't get a better understanding internally or externally of a situation. So don't tell me that pointing out inconsistencies is "desperate". It's called being attentive. It's also called attention to detail. Try it sometime. If you want to accept everything you've been told at face value as fact so be it, but you can't expect everyone to do so.

There is potential for this entire thing to be a sham. All of it. It's a glorified press release from an entertainments company for a start. And don't get me wrong I know "they are out there" but this thing comes with its own pretty foul stench. Like I said - David Fravor speaking and acting autonomously would help. Firstly, he can strictly state if the footage is from his #ing plane or not, which has not been said despite being alongside him in the 20 interviews he's done and only really alluded too in the official information. That's insidious. He doesn't say it. The anchor doesn't ask it. It's almost as if they've been purposefully told by an entertainments company not to... But that's why I don't think it's him or that he is the problem at all, it's To The Stars. They sent out this press release with a lack of information. Or maybe I just haven't come across it yet, either way, its presentation on TV news doesn't give any of us 20/20 vision into the detail. It leaves us short-sighted. And Fravor is the perfect metaphor for that...

There is always a "power hungry" element to folks who take UFOlogy as far as To The Stars are. Yes, there is also the "Goodwill to all man" side of it too but # me does that not show with To The Stars or the way they've handled putting this information out there. They purposefully did it in a manner to generate hype, to get more people to invest in their scheme. The hunger of power over people's wallets... Most people write a book. This is a bunch of figure heads coming together to make a lot of money, and we are teased with little bits of "good-will" to remain sated.

To anyone who's been paying attention, David Fravor is nothing new. Not even remotely new. We've known about fighter pilot encounters for decades. There's been some good FLIR videos out there for almost as long. And we all know governments or government funded bodies or similar bodies the world over study UFOs in some capacity. I fail to see what exactly, this is solidifying. It's because it's hype, and people are getting hype mixed up with things like "disclosure" and "truth", simply because it's hype in UFOlogy and not say, about a movie or videogame.To The Stars are hyping us up, but for what? To tell us that Betty and Barney Hill had an encounter? We've also known about that for 30 odd years. No no, they definitely have something new and amazing (according to some). Of course, keeping that gated so that it can be dished out in small doses and used to generate more hype and investments, is truly goodwill to all man. Oh wait, no it isn't...not even #ing close.

Edit, right, his account:

Training mission, joined up, event cancelled, real world tasking, sent to the west, 100 miles south west of san diego, clear day, blue waters, we reach spot they tell us it's at, we're looking around, both planes see disturbance in water, 40 foot long tic tac object hovering in water, moving left, right, no rotor wash, we enter clockwise flow, 9 o clock position, other jet stays high, as we go down to 12 o clock position it starts to mirror us, its on clockwise flow on opposite side of circle to us, its in a climb we're in a descent, great look at it, this time 5 minutes since we show up, im at 8 o clock he's at 2 o clock position i decide to see what it is and it's about 2000 feet below me, i cut across the circle, get within half mile of it, it rapidly accelerates to the south in 2 seconds and disappears.

im at 8 o clock he's at 2 o clock position i decide to see what it is and it's about 2000 feet below me, i cut across the circle, get within half mile of it, it rapidly accelerates to the south in 2 seconds and disappears.

This is the major inconsistency IMO. He says the lengthy part of the sighting has already happened (5 mins etc). What he describes is that they circle it from a distance for many minutes then he executes a manouvere to line up with it and it darts off. The video does not show that, it shows the object being tracked for a good 30 seconds. Maybe onboard cameras swivel and track things regardless of the jet's position and rotation, if someone can prove that or not that'd be great. Re-watching the footage though and every time it seems clearer that the object moving off screen is a camera effect and not the actual object moving off screen. They want you/us to believe that, or maybe they don't and they just weren't forthright saying it's just a camera artefact and the object moving off screen was "never caught on camera"... But it's convenient for us all to think that that's what's being seen in the video, if nothing else.

As I see it this is what Fravor describes. I don't see much of this going on in the footage at all. Maybe others do, or can convince themselves it is similar. I dunno

edit on 3-1-2018 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: markymint

Agreed.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi

originally posted by: LSU0408
I wouldn't be surprised if the libs used this as their message for 2020.

"Elect me and I'll share secret UFO files with you."

That actually makes sense.....the psyop is building peoples anticipation until they can't wait any longer and will vote for the ghost of Hitler just to have disclosure.

Vote KANG 2020!

I know, that's why I didn't post an "lol" with it. Hillary Clinton told CNN that she would release secret UFO documents if elected, but people were still too skeptical about them in 2016. Now we're starting to hear more and more about it and more interests are starting to pique.

When this story first broke, one of the posters here said they'd read about 2019 being the year these UFO's were going to show themselves and this was the government's way of preparing us. If true, this makes sense...

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

thanks for getting my thread disabled but i was asking, where is the threat? they were chasing the ufo, it was not chasing them etc. pft

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
my thread was not just to spread this news but was asking questions about it

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
We do call it "driving" sometimes. Even Viper mentioned it:

youtu.be...

It was used a lot in the past, maybe a little less today, we used to call people Tomcat Drivers frequently. As well as use terms like:
Tool around
burn holes in the sky
zorch
stick monkey

In the Navy, if you're already trained, and senior, they will allow you to fly with glasses (AKA 'Cheaters')

The term "lock on" is almost solely used for a radar lock, not a FLIR contrast hold.

FOX news had his WSO on with him:
youtu.be...

I think you've drawn it pretty well.
Fravor's WSO was a qualified FAC(A). I don't know if Fravor was. When acting as a FAC(A), the primary method of viewing would be eyeballs first. Going nose on for HUD footage was NOT typical. The FLIR could/Should be use to ID unknown contacts, but is hard to slew to a spot. The best analogy i've heard, is it's like walking around looking through a soda straw. So until Fravor comes nose on, which happens minutes after they've been watching this thing, there would be zero footage. Once them come nose on, the WSO can slew the FLIR to the HUD ADL or VV and potentially find the object. I'm guessing that is when the video starts and when Fravor describes the object reacting to them and then leaving.

As a former Navy pilot, I can't find any discrepancies in their description of the sequence of events, outside of the fact that I'd be freaking out to see something that cool.

Cosmo

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: markymint

This was my point aswell, the video shown does not correspond with Fravors story. I was particularly interested in the 'bullet leaving the barrel' type acceleration.

So my question is, is the object in the video the same as the 40 foot tic-tac from Fravors story?
As far as I can tell the object in the video remains at the same altitude, does not have the profile of a tic-tac and does not appear to accelerate at any significant rate.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
I made a thread quite awhile back describing a sighting I had in broad daylight In Kenai Alaska. To me it looked like an egg rather than a tic tac, other than that the description in the OP sounds damn near identical to what I saw. It was flat white no wings or windows or features of any kind. It was flying silently over the inlet towards Mount Redoubt, a volcano that is a prominent feature in this area.

Never mind...I thought the thread disappeared, but here it is....

I saw one like this about 5 years ago in Mount Pleasant SC. The color was a flat white, kinda reminded me of the color of a ping pong ball. It was right before sunrise and I have was sitting on my back porch. It had no self-illumination but was high enough to be in sunlight but low enough to go through shadows from either clouds or buildings on the horizon. I estimated it to be 1000 to 2000 feet up. It was traveling south to north and made no sound

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmania
FOX news had his WSO on with him

It's not his WSO but the pilot of that other jet that was looking at the events higher up.

the primary method of viewing would be eyeballs first. Going nose on for HUD footage was NOT typical. The FLIR could/Should be use to ID unknown contacts, but is hard to slew to a spot. The best analogy i've heard, is it's like walking around looking through a soda straw. So until Fravor comes nose on, which happens minutes after they've been watching this thing, there would be zero footage. Once them come nose on, the WSO can slew the FLIR to the HUD ADL or VV and potentially find the object.

What about the gun camera, if that's what's it called, or is that what you mean with HUD footage? Reportedly Fravor didn't have FLIR but at least tried to get some footage with the gun camera. What would you expect to get with it in a situation like that? What are its capabilities? How much can it rotate, zoom, what sort of resolution it has etc.?

I'm guessing that is when the video starts and when Fravor describes the object reacting to them and then leaving.

That video is taken later that day by a third plane, which was the first that had a FLIR pod. It doesn't show the encounter Fravor had.

As a former Navy pilot, I can't find any discrepancies in their description of the sequence of events, outside of the fact that I'd be freaking out to see something that cool.

Since you have such experience, could you decode what "1X SIM F8" and "MULLET" are in this event log?

---
FAST EAGLES, DEVILS AND HOBOS PERFORMED ADEX IN MULLET AFTER VECTOR FROM PRINCETON
TOWARD UNID CONTACT. EACH PERFORMED 1X RUN. FAST EAGLE VID 2X GROUPS:
1X SIM F8, WINGS CLEAN
1X SIM F8, WINGS CLEAN. RTB
---

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join