It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago has at least 3 homicides already in 2018

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
oh come on. Northrop, BAE, Boeing and General Dynamics all have people that are not white on their board. Congressional votes for action also draw from a diverse background that include non-white folks. So too are there people in charge of the armed services who are not white.

Where is all this self-hatred coming from man?? Stop seeing white/black/brown/yellow/red . The only thing important is the green anyways. Or gold perhaps, more so than the green I say. Before we blew the Middle East back to hell again, we were blowing # up in Europe remember? With the help of other Europeans. Bombs fell on pretty much mostly white people then.

Ukraine is also mostly white. Heck, most people shot by police are white. so you have to remember we are equal opportunity savages.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

oh come on. Northrop, BAE, Boeing and General Dynamics all have people that are not white on their board.

Who cares the skin color, stop the violence, bomb Detroit!

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Those who are wounded are a huge financial burden on society, because most are on public aid of some sort. In 2017, 2937 Chicagoans were wounded, by handguns alone.

The average medical cost is $154,000 per survivor!
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Oh come on now, who said anything about bombing American cities. We can just stick to the usual door to door. It would take a couple of years for the ignorant drug dealers and bangers to figure out the development and deployment of IED's. By that time, the clusters will have been broken up with standard ground ops and boots on the ground.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

The point is bombing cities to get a few bad guys, isn't justified.

Try and keep up.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
On the other hand, maybe the people who got murdered had it coming.
lie with dogs, you're bound to get fleas.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Funny you mentioned the wounded. I guess some Chicago hospitals moved due to funding issues. I guess gang bangers don't pay!

www.nbcchicago.com...

www.beckershospitalreview.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
well I don't even know why you brought that up. We were talking Chicago homicide rates, and you went on about white people bombing foreign targets. Before that, nobody was talking about bombing cities, let alone American ones.

Ground operations to route the threats to American sovereignty in American cities was the discussion up until then.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Those who are wounded are a huge financial burden on society, because most are on public aid of some sort. In 2017, 2937 Chicagoans were wounded, by handguns alone.

The average medical cost is $154,000 per survivor!
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Yeah, they are a huge drain on city resources. The bojangling civil rights leaders badgered University of Chicago to spend like $100 million or something to open a trauma center. U of C is a world class hospital, but they don't have a trauma center geared towards dealing with badly wounded gun shot victims. U of C is on the southside and fairly close to some of the worst neighborhoods like Englewood. A lot of the thugs when they get shot have to go Stroger Hospital which is another 10 miles away or so all the community activist were complaining as if it is the city'and U of Chicago fault the hoodrats can't stop shooting each other. Why should U of C burden itself dealing with that buffoonery?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

well I don't even know why you brought that up. We were talking Chicago homicide rates, and you went on about white people bombing foreign targets. Before that, nobody was talking about bombing cities, let alone American ones.

That dichotomy is conveniently omitted, isn't it...

Gun violence and murder rates at home are sensationalized to convince Americans guns are the problem, here. And yet the US ships more arms aboard than all other countries combined. Destroys whole nations for a few 'bad guys'.

What, huh?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: InspectorGadget13

Just saying. "Murder" sounds pretty bad, but there are some real scumbags out there whose absence from existence would be beneficial to society in general.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: InspectorGadget13

Just saying. "Murder" sounds pretty bad, but there are some real scumbags out there whose absence from existence would be beneficial to society in general.

80% of the "victims" have prior records and gang members.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
One per day? That would mean that the homicide rate is dropping drastically.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I used to be idealistic like yourself. And then I allowed reality to smack me in the face and understand the tale you are telling is as old as time itself. You have never really seen me write anything but the fact that warfare is in the interest of securing mineral rights, energy resources/transit, and open markets regardless of the MSM lies official story. Have you?

Forget about the ones on the other side of the world, their demise is our gain, just as our own demise will become the gain of others. Lets focus on home, where we can actually enact policies to clean up our cities.
It boils down to this very simple concept: It is either us or them . I choose us, EVERY TIME Focus on fattening up your own pockets and leaving something to your heirs, and abandon the feelings of dread that come from knowing the cost of living the way we do.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

To be fair, the situation you describe is not unique to Chicago. Its pretty much the case for every relatively major metropolitan area throughout the nation.

Arguably, the fact these incidents are confined to smaller areas makes them worse.

Anyway, I think that most who have lived in or near large cities expect what you describe to be the case. Given that, if the numbers are accurate in each respective locale, the meme may actually be pointing to a legitimate issue. An issue that, at least in the majority of the public's perception, takes into account that these issues are almost always confined to specific areas.

That's not really to discredit the point you are making, but perhaps trying to look at the numbers by using per capita statistics across the entire Chicago area is just as problematic as thinking all of Chicago is a warzone.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

From what i've been reading and hearing from relatives and friends, it is quite the opposite of what you are saying.

Crime is down a little in Chicago, but is actually spreading to "safe" areas. Some say it is due to subsidized housing, some say drugs, some say gangs getting fresh territory. I heard that crime was starting to creep in toward the Mag mile, My uncle that has lived there for 60 years told me. I think he would be a pretty good judge of changes in the area.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Serdgiam

From what i've been reading and hearing from relatives and friends, it is quite the opposite of what you are saying.

Crime is down a little in Chicago, but is actually spreading to "safe" areas. Some say it is due to subsidized housing, some say drugs, some say gangs getting fresh territory. I heard that crime was starting to creep in toward the Mag mile, My uncle that has lived there for 60 years told me. I think he would be a pretty good judge of changes in the area.

Mag mile has it's share of petty crimes, but gang members are not shooting at each other in front of the Apple Store or Burberry. For the most part, anywhere downtown on the lakefront is safe as far as big cities are concerned. Every summer though you get a few incidences where hoodrat teens use social media and wind up crashing North Avenue beach or doing some other stupid sh*t like bum rushing a store to steal some jeans. However, those incidents are pretty rare.

Most of the housing projects have been all but removed from downtown. There are still a few small buildings remaining, but by in large, all the notorious housing projects are gone. The entire city is pretty gentrified.

The bad areas of the city are really bad, but again, these aren't areas anyone goes unless you are a hoodrat living there or a dope addict. I don't know what the solution is as the problems are cultural in nature.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Just tossing this out there, I have no data to follow up on, and most importantly "YOU" (the reader) should just look at this as a thought experiment.

Could all of this violence in the poorer parts of town be part of a plan to rid the city of low income people? Think about this; if all of the crime ends how well will it affect the city proper, vs. what if all the people that live in the crime areas leave the city out of fear?

It would seem to me that if those parts of the city could be cleared out, then real estate investors could come in and develop them into high value locations. They can't do that when low wage people live there even if the crime issue was taken care of the low wage people would still live there, but if these people left due to fear then the whole area can be declared "special residential zone" and it would clear the way for land development companies to come in and up the value of the areas.

Like I said just a thought.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

All that is justification to be just like them. Or wax rich off the misery caused by all the dark forces in the world.

When you walk down the street do you rape, shoot and rob your neighbors? I mean what the hell, everyone does it, Its you or them.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Theres no interest in clearing up crime, it fills the cities coffers. Drug money, cops, courts, prisons all make bank off crime.

Why ruin a good thing?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join