It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You a Boltzmann Brain? | Space Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
What exactly is A Boltzman Brain? I find this concept interesting because, it's so fringe! Not a lot of people I know could talk for hours on these types of concepts like I could, it's like getting down the the smallest of smallest particle in existance and analyzing it to bits, literally. The theories never end. The ideas never end. And the possibilities never end.

Fringe is the new black!

Statistically speaking, You are a disembodied brain. You just came into being randomly out of the Chaotic Void. Your memory of your entire life just came into being through a chance arrangement of particles, that includes that last statement . and that one . and that one. You my friend are a Boltzmann Brain, statistically speaking. 'As Relayed from Video'

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

The Boltzmann Brain paradox is an argument against the idea that the universe around us, with its incredibly low-entropy early conditions and consequential arrow of time, is simply a statistical fluctuation within some eternal system that spends most of its time in thermal equilibrium.

(my browser is messed up)
edit on 2-1-2018 by Blender5L because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Blender5L

I can't resist and Sorry I have to post this before someone else does.

Actually a very interesting thought.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

lol, it must be about the evil reincarnated politicians who landed here in the fifties becoming scientific experiments of montauk, now known as leftists.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Well not only leftist's (or those that have perverted the left and the right all politician's are crook's if you ask me) and there were some other example's such as this fine educational video from the 80's.

But if we talk about cerebral brains we get to some interesting thought's and fact's that are simply not funny just very enlightening, there are people whose cerebellum was impaired, they should have been brain dead and yet were perfectly normal showing that it is not the size of the brain but how the neuron's are arranged that is more important and that the brain can adapt to some pretty awful damage, even people with only half a brain, a single hemisphere of there brain intact have had normal lives with little or no impairment to there functionality.

But sorry about my joke, not to be confused with Membrane theory (hypothetical universe's floating around in superspace collide and sometime's created new universe through there collision's - these are also called brain's but are not actually brain's it is just a spelling thing and more accurately they should be called brane's) or anything like that the Boltzmann brain is a genuine theory that is very interesting in itself, is it only a theory but then again could it be a reality.

so to get your thread back on track and not sidelined here is the wicki on it so they can brief themselves about the concept.
en.wikipedia.org...

Got to add this, I believe that consciousness is actually independent of mind and mind is a tool of consciousness so I regard some thing's reverse to the usual argument that mind give's rise to consciousness and instead regard consciousness as giving rise to mind.

edit on 2-1-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

That video is great just great lol.

But if we talk about cerebral brains we get to some interesting thought's and fact's that are simply not funny just very enlightening, there are people whose cerebellum was impaired, they should have been brain dead and yet were perfectly normal showing that it is not the size of the brain but how the neuron's are arranged that is more important and that the brain can adapt to some pretty awful damage, even people with only half a brain, a single hemisphere of there brain intact have had normal lives with little or no impairment to there functionality.

Yep there are accounts of this happening, like the mouse experiment where Bohm mentions an experiment where they cut out something like 3/4 of a mouse's brain only for it to respond as though it hadn't been touched at all.

Or this guy that was born with less than half a brain, yet functioned even into his 40's, married with kids, that was cool reading.
as for that link here's a bit of info from it.

The Boltzmann brains concept is often stated as a physical paradox. It has also been called the Boltzmann babies paradox.[3] The paradox is that to contemplate the universe, intelligence is necessary; however, much of the machinery that humans use to think (complex organs, muscles, etc.) are not. All that is required is the brain. Since simple organisms ought to be easier to form than complex ones, the vast majority of intelligences in the universe ought to consist of these disembodied but self-aware "Boltzmann brains".

Brilliant Statement.

Got to add this, I believe that consciousness is actually independent of mind and mind is a tool of consciousness so I regard some thing's reverse to the usual argument that mind gives rise to consciousness and instead regard consciousness as giving rise to mind.

And your mention here -

But sorry about my joke, not to be confused with Membrane theory (hypothetical universe's floating around in superspace collide and sometime's created new universe through there collision's - these are also called brain's but are not actually brain's it is just a spelling thing and more accurately they should be called brane's) or anything like that the Boltzmann brain is a genuine theory that is very interesting in itself, is it only a theory but then again could it be a reality.

Lynne McTaggert talks about something called The Field where our consciousness vibes with a field above us, and our brains are a receiving device so even with half a brain or less, we're still receiving information from all over, which is how even kids as young as 4 remember being other people (in my own opinion) in vivid detail.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

A Quantum interface for a non localized consciousness, at least non localized in dimension as we understand it were the brain and it's life force is an interface for or even an egg that generates a non corporeal (as we determine it) state of consciousness.
It kind of mesh's a little with the idea of quantum consciousness and the potential continuation of conscious awareness even after the body has failed and the idea that our consciousness if not our actual mind's may exist across multiple parallel reality's simultaneously, it may also explain phenomena such as prolepsis and precognition etc were those reality's may not necessarily be in sync time wise with one another and also offering a tantalizing possibility that mind may be also independent of space time as we understand it.

Also had a similar experience when I was under three myself, it was more like receiving information and then losing it like a different ego taking over then leaving or being forced out again.

That could be explained as well as spirit's of the deceased trying to take over the young, if so then reincarnation would be really a type of possession as I believe that each individual has a unique soul BUT are all of those soul's part of a greater self or are they distinct and independent, is ego what separates us or is it more fundamental than that?.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

If it were not for entropy imbalances I would never speak!

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

If it were not for entropy imbalances I would never speak!

That! is an impressive word.

Biosemiotic entropy involves the deterioration of biological sign systems. ... Biosemiotic entropy—an error or deviation from a healthy state—results from errors in copying functional information (mutations) and errors in the appropriate context or quantity of gene expression (epigenetic imbalance).

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Also had a similar experience when I was under three myself, it was more like receiving information and then losing it like a different ego taking over then leaving or being forced out again. That could be explained as well as spirit's of the deceased trying to take over the young, if so then reincarnation would be really a type of possession as I believe that each individual has a unique soul BUT are all of those soul's part of a greater self or are they distinct and independent, is ego what separates us or is it more fundamental than that?.

I find it Interesting that you had an experience like that, I think many of us have, unique to each of us. I've heard children under three are far more connected to the 'infinite' than they are after they've become humanized, for lack of a better word. I had one myself, I was about ten and had a vision of the world being fake, totally not real in every way. Like watching cut outs walking around, interacting with each other, but not real. It was one of the stranges rememberances of my youth.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

For the sake of reference I'll recall what I can.

I was about two and half and back then there were no seat belt's in car's, my mother was driving through the town of Huyton in the north west of England as she was going to see one of her friend's and I had never been taken there before.

I would not sit down and she kept telling me too but it was a small car called a mini and I was standing on the back seat looking out at everything when I suddenly had something come over me, it was like my chaotic and unformed mind was suddenly taken over and a strong self identity AND memory's came with it, I knew the place intimately and remembered walking down the street being a small elderly man by the name of John, saying good morning to people and them replying "Good Morning John", I even remembered having thread bar trousers and a jacket with an off white shirt and cloth cap, all my cloth's had holes in them or thread's hanging out and I even had holes in my shoes at the sides of my toes, I or rather John had walking cane and relied on it heavily as he walked to his local pub were he would spend almost all of every day drinking.

I even remembered the car's being different to my mother's mini, more like 1940's or 50's car's and only a very few of them on the street's mostly parked with very rarely a car driving past.

I pointed out landmark's to my mother before they came into view, a shop, the public house etc and all before we came to them.

My mother recalls her hair standing on end, this was early 1973.

As it had come over me so too did it suddenly depart, it was as if John had to leave and I went back to being a child, I can remember trying to keep hold of his memory's but they were literally not mine.

Children are unformed as you say so formed ego's or false ego's may imprint upon them creating the confusion that they are actually those same being's whose mind's they think they have but other types of incidents are harder to explain were for example a child recall's being killed, shot for example and has a mark in the spot were they remember being wounded though I am personally not a believer in reincarnation - at least of the Human soul that is.

top topics

join