It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate all images of people smoking cigarettes

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

you seem like a reasonably intelligent person.

Please provide proof of your allegation that smoking CAUSES one death.

Not a statistical study, not an "assocation" or "linked" to. Just proof of one disease caused by smoking.

I am a reasonably intelligent person, and because of this I can tell you that you are asking for scientific proof to exist outside of the scientific method.

So i am clear: you want me to point to something that I, myself, have noticed and recognized as a diseased caused by smoking? Do you realize I am an accountant, and do not work in a field that would afford me such an opportunity?

Here are a couple things I can tell you that were gathered using the scientific method in regards to cigarette smokes impact on the human body:

- cigarette smoking causes an immunological response to vascular damage, creating inflammation in the lungs and circulatory system. This inflammation is what drives up blood pressure shortly after having a cigarette
- smoking decreases the aeration of the gums, and increases acidity. This allows bacteria to grow faster in the mouth, as well as damaging the soft tissues surrounding teeth, which drives a more rapid tooth decay
- the aforementioned inflammation caused by damage...this is where cancers come into play. Damaged tissue is more susceptable to viral and fungal infections, and thus has an increased opportunity to develop cancers

These are just off the top of my head. If you'd like I can compile a longer list for you, and include the damage it does to the liver, kidneys, throat, etc.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: glowdog

i personally hate all the pictures of people in cars that pump their poison in my face all day long. hate the smell of cars- inside and outside... but yah no way to escape that anyway

That is truly a cause for concern.

And when in the name of all that's Holy are we going to do something about the rampant "animal nudity" currently sweeping north America. Animal privates on open display for all to see. I'm sick and tired of seeing children Traumatized by the sight of a horse or mule with a huge....well you know. For the love of God, think of the children!!!

Hey! Once I give up smoking I'll only have my one last vice left!

Leave me with something, please!

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
with all the poison floating in the air from industry and cars i guess it´s tough to know what exactly makes us sick.
i guess what makes people sick first and foremost is fear.
could explain why so many people with a healthy lifestyle get cancer too.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: glowdog

i personally hate all the pictures of people in cars that pump their poison in my face all day long. hate the smell of cars- inside and outside... but yah no way to escape that anyway

That is truly a cause for concern.

And when in the name of all that's Holy are we going to do something about the rampant "animal nudity" currently sweeping north America. Animal privates on open display for all to see. I'm sick and tired of seeing children Traumatized by the sight of a horse or mule with a huge....well you know. For the love of God, think of the children!!!

Hey! Once I give up smoking I'll only have my one last vice left!

Leave me with something, please!

Smoking, Drinking or Appeasing Quetzelcoatl, Yes amigo, striking a blow for freedom will always be in fashion!!

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I hate all images of people smoking cigarettes

LOVE dfn's HATE.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: neutronflux
...quitting is the best gift you could give your children.

The best gift would be a Red Ryder Carbine Action 200-shot Range Model air rifle.

Or a Lamborghini.

Or not seeing my parents die form cigarette related cancers.....

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The op is actually onto something...
Be it in a snarky egotistical way. The fact is the act of smoking is unattractive but being a smoker isn't in a sense. That's why you often see pictures of people (mainly famous) with a cigarette in hand rather than it in their mouth. The act itself is unattractive.

That said as a former smoker of more than 20 years I say do whatever you like. Just don't do it in a confined area with me.

I quit that horrible habit by reading the book the easy way to quit smoking by Allan Carr for anyone interested in quiting. Very educational.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

The best gift would be a Red Ryder Carbine Action 200-shot Range Model air rifle.

Or a Lamborghini.

That is your reply to...

“Both my parents passed from cancer. They both smoked until the end. I can’t stand seeing people killing themselves one smoke/cancer stick/coffin nail at a time.

Summer time road trips with smokers is the worst.

A person that dose not smoke can heal up to seven times faster after a major surgery than a person that smokes.

If you are a parent and smoke, quitting is the best gift you could give your children. ”

Really?

I hope you never see your mom in pain morphine can barely relieve, looking like a living skeleton from weight loss...
edit on 2-1-2018 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I hope you never see your mom in pain morphine can barely relieve, looking like a living skeleton from weight loss...

My old man died of cancer, had it 9 times. He did however hang on to his since of humor throughout the entire ordeal.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I quit smoking 3 years ago on my 52nd birthday.......had too, I was at a function in an open air waiting area. No signs at all pertaining to me lighting up or not. Then someone like you showed up, hell hath no fury like a SJW in a smoke filled (OPEN AIR WAITING AREA) So it was either quit smoking or strangle the person like you that showed up. For the record.....I hear prison sucks.
edit on 2-1-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I am an ex smoker. The only reason why I quit was when I suffered and survived a minor heart attack.

But I would rather smoke cigarettes instead of buying bullets for my gun.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Aww... dittums... sowwy about that...

[Puff,puff,exhale]

Are we triggered?

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Aye...

Lets replace them all with images of people smoking just the most obnoxiously huge, comically large, unreasonably massive joints the world has ever seen? I am talking at least a foot long, probably waaaaaay more, about an inch and a quarter at the fat end, minimum.

Would that be better?

Instead of your avatar having a bierkrug, replace it with a cigarette

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I have seen his other discussions and he is a lefty so perhaps you should mind your own...oh your a triggered lefty yourself...should have known...go scream at the sky and maybe you will feel better

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
thats life . stop being a control freak dictating to others how to live their lives .

Everyone dies life is terminal .

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I hear there is no proof huffing gas has a negative effect upon you.

Ch-ch-check it out.

Plus there is already too many humans so please by all means, beat me to the finish line.
edit on 2-1-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I'm rooting for you all to finish 1st place.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
If you don't smoke, you will never die.

FACT!

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Kid, you're going to put an eye out with that thing!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join