It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day The Earth Never bothered standing still.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

You also have to remember that the public has been exposed to "other worldy" beings, spacecraft and landscapes ever since science fiction/horror movies hit the silver screen. Then factor in the HUGE popularity of realistic, sci-fi themed video games and fake, CGI videos posted by UFO channels on YouTube, like Thirdphaseofmoon. Lets not forget those pictures that have cropped up over the years, that claim they show buildings, towers, pyramids, statues and machinery on our moon and on Mars. The general public have acclimated to the idea of extraterrestrial life for quite some time now.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Maybe most people are a bit disillusioned. Aside from all the brainwash documentaries about ancient aliens and such, there is so much "footage" and pictures out there, it doesn't impress them anymore. Most people acknowledge their existence, but unless UFO's land here on earth and officially make themselves known to the public via all media outlets, people will remain quite blase about the whole phenomenon. Until that time it's just a bunch of unconfirmed sightings and mostly uncorroborated and unsubstantiated witness accounts.

Having said that, I do think that, in this particular case, the public should take more notice. The fact that the military came out with this story and footage, and most importantly, an "official" confirmation, is, in my humble opinion, something to ponder about. Why now? Most of us would agree "they've" been around for a long time, so what makes this particular sighting any different from all previous encounters? More importantly, what is the purpose of their visits? Also, who thinks it's alright to allow a foreign unidentified air-/spacecraft to enter restricted and sovereign airspace, with who-knows-what kind of weaponry on board? Maybe they are here to bring "Freedom" and "Democracy", or shove it down our throat, whether we like it or not. Who says we will like the potential "beads and mirrors" they might bring for us? Perhaps they are here to take, instead of giving.

edit on 2-1-2018 by 2Faced because: personal grammar naziism

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I've reached the point in my life that I'm on th edge of just not believing anything I see or hear anymore when it comes to aliens only for one reason: I just don't believe the governments of any country knows anything concrete. I do believes aliens are here and have been here for a very long time but I just don't believe they've made contact with any government or made deals with secret dark groups etc. I'm not saying Governments don't have alien bodies or UFOs etc. I think they were just lucky enough to come across an alien crash or shooting one down (although I doubt that would happen for fear of interplanetary war). I just don't believe governments across the world that have constant leaks, officials quitting or being fired and just keeping their mouths shut and those who do speak aren't slipping information to do a slow disclosure, it's just them trying to stay in the spot light in the fringe world (some politicians seem to just mention it to try and grab the fringe vote).

So yh in short, I do not believe governments are truly in the know or have any sort of deal. My evidence is simply this: When we go into the wild and watch or take a wild animal we don't walk up to them shake hands and ask to be taken to their leader we just show up and take what we want because we don't believe these animals are as smart as us and so we deserve (in some eyes) to do as we please to them and in the eyes of any aliens who managed to travel through space and have the technology to get here from wherever they are, would no doubt see us as a more primitive race and so treat us the same way we treat animals in the wild. (Just realised the "in short" wasn't so short lol).

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I think that's how its been designed over the years. Our society has been so numb to the alien subject (i.e. from movies, TV shows, books, you tube) that if disclosure was happening most people would say "about time" or "we already thought aliens existed so what big deal". We see this in social media we get numb to things that we see constantly and they don't affect us as they should.

Its by design....

~Morpheus

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

From my understanding the recent "disclosures" were nothing. The footage was something new, as far as I know no departments in the US have done that before...

Other nations have though.

We know our governments have been investigating UFOs for some time now in an official and unofficial capacity. They've downplayed their investigative approach for a long time, maybe some more information will come by confirming many of our suspicions?

None the less though, I reckon they never stopped investigating. Ever.

I'll change my mind on the subject when governments do, they still claim that an unidentified flying object isn't a threat to national security... I claim they cannot possibly know that with the kind of information they've released or claim to have on the subject.

Nothing has changed IMO.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I'm not excited enough about this 'disclosure'?
What have they disclosed?
A video.
I don't trust the government.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
even if aliens did land on the White House lawn, after a couple of selfies folks would just say its fake lol

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MorpheusUSA

well said

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
OK it's been all of two wks now, and yes there were media reports about disclosure, some eyebrows raised, but you know what?? On my social media accounts, no one seemed to care ,

I think people are just not willing to have their mindset shattered. I think it is some kind of cognitive dissonance. Cognitive dissonance is when the mother of a daughter refuses to accept that her daughter is being sexually abused by her step-father because in dealing with the problem would be just too emotionally straining on the mother. This makes the daughter really angry deep down. So after years of abuse and then years later after thousands of dollars of therapy the mother finally begins to acknowledge what was happening was real after the daughter confronts the mother several times about it.

I lost my job over 9/11. I proposed to my boss that 9/11 was an inside job. I was just making conversation. The next thing know the guy is going off all pissed off at me labeling me a conspiracy theorist bla, bla, bla. I just never imagined suggesting something like 9/11 was an inside job would cause such a huge emotional reaction out of someone. Since then I've learn my lesson and I never ever talk about politics at work. People are just too unstable.

edit on 2-1-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Too many "boys who cried wolf" is the reason behind the lack of interest.

Adding that this "revelation" is from that same boy.

Harte

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
How about this scenario. Say 3 or 4 alien flying saucers landed in Tiananmen Square and the occupants said "fu** those Yanks, we want nothing to do with them cos they're always shooting us down". Would you believe the Chinese if they said aliens had landed?
Now the ultimate question. Just what makes you think that disclosure of alien life is solely in American hands?

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Cognitive dissonance is when the mother of a daughter refuses to accept that her daughter is being sexually abused by her step-father because in dealing with the problem would be just too emotionally straining on the mother.

If my shrink would explain it like this I think I would cognitively evaporated his posture in a blink of an eye ..

But it seems a sad story though..

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
How about this scenario. Say 3 or 4 alien flying saucers landed in Tiananmen Square and the occupants said "fu** those Yanks, we want nothing to do with them cos they're always shooting us down". Would you believe the Chinese if they said aliens had landed?
Now the ultimate question. Just what makes you think that disclosure of alien life is solely in American hands?

Honestly?? I would initially be suspicious if it happened exactly like that, a certain amount of nationalism would affect most of us ,including myself.
I don't know how other nations deal or had dealt with so-called disclosure , I'm a novice at this, my reference point came from events in the U.S almost by default.
I guess if they landed at the UN building on east 42st.may do the trick satisfying all??

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
How is the general public supposed to react to a couple of fuzzy videos where everybody says, "We don't know what this was?" Maybe, "Well, get back in touch with us when you figure it out."

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
That's right. For most nothing has changed. For those that UFOs were nothing but mad men obsession there needs to be something more than admission and videos that we got.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Until the vast majority of people experience something, there will be this indifference. It is very much related to the fact that the societal consciousness is not currently prepared to process it. Even if they landed during the superbowl and everyone there saw and acknowledged it as real at the time. The next days or weeks would have 99% of them saying,"hmm. That was weird". Then it would fade to a distant memory.

That is not to say that they are unable to process it given enough exposure, just that the current conscious construct isn't going to care about news reports or even lots and lots of "disclosure". It will take a direct contact with most of the world, or persistent and unambiguous "disclosure" for an extended period of time.

Interestingly, none of people believing or not has any bearing on whether the phenomenon is real or not. Of course it is.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

since the MSM has portrayed anyone who "sees" a UFO as an idiot and worthy of ridicule for the last 50 years, I think the public will need some time to realize they don't have to laugh at everyone who thinks they saw something they couldn't readily identify. But as long as the MSM does what they are told, all will be well. Follow orders, dance when told to dance and grind that organ monkey. Continue being the little bitch you have always been.

Hell folks are just starting to realize that "the killer reefer" may not kill you at all. Baby steps.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
It will take a direct contact with most of the world, or persistent and unambiguous "disclosure" for an extended period of time.

I don't know if your hypothesis is necessarily true, however it would be interesting to do a survey: How many people in remote areas/small communities (since aliens like to chill in these areas) believe in aliens, VS. how many people in larger cities (which have skies blocked out from pollution, can't see stars, UFOs dont go there much, etc) believe in aliens.

The results may be profound. It's like asking people who look through a telescope on a ship who sees mountains in the distance vs. people without the telescope

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I'm beginning to think ,even if aliens did land on the White House lawn, after a couple of selfies folks would just settled back into the same routine.
I'm I wrong in this??

It'd be big news, for a while. Then life goes on, bills have to be paid, the kids fed and clothed. As time and life allowed, they'd wonder about it, and marvel...but only as time allowed. At least that's how it'd work with me.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   
It's probably a good thing that most people aren't making a big deal of this "disclosure" (if you can even call it that).

1. If it's true that facts about the existence of extraterrestrial life was known, but kept from the public because panic would ensue; then perhaps this was a test to see if we're capable of rationally handling the information, now. If that's the case, I'd say we passed with flying colors.

2. Maybe, the lack of reaction to the article is a sign of maturity. There are probably many who saw the article, but knowing that we can't believe everything we're told by the media, choose to reserve judgment until more evidence is presented.

AND /OR

3. It's possible that people aren't responding to the article because they paid no attention to it. There's still a large portion of the population who consider the alien /ufo phenomenon a myth or a hoax. So, whenever they come across a show or article on the subject, they immediately change the channel or scroll on past it. With all the misinformation and fakery out there, even the more open minded individuals probably tend to ignore most of it.

Personally, I'm suspicious. When someone has lied to me for decades, then suddenly changes their story, I'm inclined to think there's an ulterior motive and more to the story than I'm being told.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join