It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Can we maybe work in the edge of a mesa or plateau off in the distance in the lighter area of the image?

...or maybe some kind of an old dead tree standing in the distance (in the haze)?

...something to fill in the lighter area above the cool bird.

edit on 3/9/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Peronally I would drop the guy a few pixels so his hat won't be in front of your username but if these dimensions and composition are okay I will start from scratch and post it here when it's done...

ETA: Sure we can place a mountain or mesa in te back....no problem

Peace
edit on 2019pAmerica/ChicagoSat, 09 Mar 2019 16:53:16 -0600pm315320193 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I like the idea of dropping a few pixels to get the hat out of the user name. Great idea. That's what I was trying to say earlier, but I was doing a bad job of communicating it.

Maybe also smooth out some of the edges around the lighter area to blend a little better, and maybe shade that part just slightly. Just so it doesn't look like there's a shadow off the right side of him. The left side is perfect.

Content wise...you've done an absolutely fantastic job!!!

ETA - This is going to be the absolute COOLEST avatar on ATS!!! (and I will be very proud to let people know who did this awesome work!!)
edit on 3/9/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I'm glad you like it...I'll have someting up by tomorrow

funny detail: the soil in the bottom half.......it's mars. lol

Peace

edit on 2019pAmerica/ChicagoSat, 09 Mar 2019 18:34:01 -0600pm313420193 by operation mindcrime because: I sound like a Frenchman wit tis busted H

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

This is one of my favorite threads.....and many of the creators have been absent of late.
It is always my hope that the thread will take off again, but even this little spurts are cool

That avatar IS you!!!
But...having an alter ego, or alternative you would also be cool!

Maybe something cooking oriented,,,,,but somehow that doesn't seem "you"!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Just a quick note...my computer crashed (hard) last night at some point (when I was asleep). I am totally dead in the water today. May have to go get a new laptop today.

It might be a while before I can get back to playing with my avatar.

I will be back though. Just didn't want you to think I was ignoring this effort.

(This, From my phone)

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I Hate it when that happens..Good luck with your laptop!!

I've changed the grave at the bottom for a wanted poster....you tell me (no rush)

Peace

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Okay..added a little bit of texture and got most of the mistakes taken out and stuff blended.

Let me know what needs changing.

Peace

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Okay, I'm back (a little bit). Got a new machine. Still getting it set up. It's going to take a while.

The new machine is kind of a rocket (I bit the bullet and got something much better than the HP ProBook I was using). The graphics on the new machine are fantastic (4k), so now the avatar looks even better. The graphics are incredible.

I liked the gravestone, and I like the "Wanted" change out too, but I think we need to change the name on the bottom of the poster. I will explain. My ex-wife's grandmother actually knew Billy the Kid, and my best friend's dad owned a bar which was a butcher shop in the 1880's in Wyoming...the butcher shop where Butch Cassidy got his name "Butch" (because he was apparently a pretty good meat cutter). We found his name carved into the pillars of the basement walls. Two of some of the greatest outlaws of the Old West, I have a personal connection to.

The old west is very important to me, and how anyone survived is a miracle.

I've wanted to suggest showing a Joshua tree, but honestly, there were never any Joshua tree's where I grew up. There was lots of sand, lot's of heat, lot's of history, lot's of cold, lot's of danger...and that is the cloth from which I am cut.

Indeed, this will be the best avatar on ATS! I know, because your hand has passed over it, OMC.

So, for my part, I would just like a mesa, or something Wyoming-ish, in the background. There was always thins thing of isolation...you had to do it on your own. That's the mental image I want. There was no one else to help you....it's just how it was.

In our modern day, there is indepedence and dependence. Sadly, our society is trending toward "dependence". My image is one of 'independence'...and you have captured it well. I am forever in your debt for that.

I can only hope you understand.

Bob

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Let's try out the new avatar...on the new computer!

Stand by one...

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

edit on 3/10/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

That is one impressive story. I can change the name on the wanted bill to anything you would like.

I'll also drop the whole thing 1 or 2 pixels to clear the username but other than that it looks fine on you..

Peace

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

It looks great! I love the bird. I like the broken surface. I like the dust and the waning light. It's all perfect.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   

The remaining question is ...

Are you going to shoot the birdie?

Great Avatar! Well done all.

P

edit on 10/3/2019 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

No....the bird is a bellwether. A sentinel of sorts. A messenger of hope, in a wasteland of confusion and darkness. The bird speaks the unspoken to a weary traveler, hardened by the wind and the sun, hardened by the harsh realities of life and not.

This is the staggering connection of what OMC has done here! The magic of what OMC has created is the minds-eye of exactly who I am, and who I've always been. No, I'm not a gunslinger, but I've stood in the western desert looking to the horizon wondering about all of our future. I've wiped the sand from chapped lips and watched the sun set across the vast expanses of the desert knowing no one else wanted to be there, but in the end we all would be. And, how could I, as just one small spec of sand, make a difference?

No, the avatar really says it all. That's what is so cool about it!!

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   
DBL

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
But...having an alter ego, or alternative you would also be cool!

Maybe something cooking oriented,,,,,but somehow that doesn't seem "you"!!!

I have been working on his alternative avatar on the side and I guess you can combine "tough" and "cooking"...just a matter of the right ingredients...lol

Peace
edit on 2019pAmerica/ChicagoMon, 11 Mar 2019 05:16:09 -0500am311620193 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Yeah man, I would yell 'Peace' after showing him that!

Lol. Having read many of FCD's stories, that Avatar struck my funny bone bigly.

Nice job! The pic needs to be on a T-shirt though ... as some food for thought.

P

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Heh, I like it.

Nice touch with the caption and the bodies in the background!

That's a keeper.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Yeah man, I would yell 'Peace' after showing him that!

Yeah it helps to know he's atleast 15.000 miles away from me...

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join