It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perhaps the oldest christian church in Jerusalem that you don't know about

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

That's what I was thinking. Christianity to the first believers was more of a commune existence. Read the Book of Acts. They sold their property and lived together, the way was a way of life. Christianity didn't start churches until elements of paganism creeped in during the 2nd century.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: glend

Christians have nothing to do with the Torah, that is solely for Israel.

We Learn from the precept of God word in the Torah and the rest of the OT but we are not bound by it.

But he NT is what man should be concerned with today for it is the light for one to follow and once they believe on the Christ for their salvation then they are the body of Christ and their are epistles for them to learn from.

But I hate organized church. They teach for the sake of a job and not the things that are practical. I meet men been Christians for 40 years ans they are still babes in Christ, Elders in the organization but babes. They do not know how to judge properly, how to communicate with words to one another, pride the old sin is still very much alive.

Literally the devil was kicked out of heaven and fell right smack down in the pews the organized church.

I started a home group based on principles and truths most pastors never touch. One of them being something that is not once found in the NT, where is it said a pastor is a elder or a leader of the church?

there is a gift called pastor and teacher but not once is that person said to be a leader. we are told to communicate with the one who teaches but it doesn't say anywhere he is the spiritual head of the organized church assembly. The books hey call Pastoral Epistles doesn't even have the word pastor in it either direction for 40 verses or more.

Search and see if what I say is true or not. If not true then I will let you condemn me all you want.

There is a whole lot more that would free the body of Christ from the organizational restraints men have put on them. Not to mention being under the control of the IRS via a 501c. I am telling you now, the Devil has pretty much made the body of Christ an invalid via the organizational church.

We the Believers are the church not some building ran by a man keeping people in diapers and feeding them milk until the gathering of the saints into the clouds to meet Jesus ever more to be with him. The so called Reverends, Elders, Bishops, Popes and Pastors and what ever else you want to call them are a JOKE!

This is a great post so I quoted it. Right on Brother.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
There is an old saying, he whom forgets the lesson's of the past is doomed to repeat the mistakes and error's of the past.
This is a Catholic priest breaking rank's and speaking his mind.

So how did the devil do this to our world, divide and conquer, schism's within the church with one group warring upon another while he laughs' because all of that spilled blood is Christian blood as he build's his forces for the final battle.

This is just to remind some of you though it is my last post on this thread and it is open to you all having long since gone off it's original topic anyway.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
So how did the devil do this to our world, divide and conquer, schism's within the church with one group warring upon another while he laughs' because all of that spilled blood is Christian blood as he build's his forces for the final battle.

Jesus (who mentions "divide and conquer" in the Gospel of Mark) poisoned it from the beginning by using demons to do his miracles. Any church based on that shaky foundation is bound to have problems, although Christianity seems to be doing okay. All that Aztec gold was a real stabilizing factor.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Benjamin Disraeli, 1st Earl of Beaconsfield, KG, PC, FRS (21 December 1804 – 19 April 1881)

but only for parts of the land that was once known and is now known as the nation of Israel?

Maybe because it was Palestine before being called Israel?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

No it was called the land of Canaan 1450BC before it was called Israel.

Romans called it Palestine as an area of which included parts all the nations 150BC

The Philistines are not the Palestinians. There is a reason the Palestinians are called Palestinian Arabs for a reason. They are of Arab decent and have a country and are located in Egypt and Saudi Arabia and most of that area. Just you wont see Turkey, Lebanon, Syria, Jordon (Arab) or Saudi Arabia wanting to give any of the Palestinian area to the Palestinian Arabs they only want to give them Israel.

But God,Jesus Christ, The One True God will come and clean house shortly and very quickly.

Next time come with true ancient facts not your more recent ones. All existing maps form the time of the Romans called the Area Palestine. It was never a single country, it is a lie perpetrated on the world via so called scholars.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Nope it was actually Canaan
en.wikipedia.org...

Palastinian's are a mixed bunch of peoples and include ancestor's whom were.
Israelites including Jews, Samaritan's and other's.
Arab's, Mesopotamian's, Babylonian's and Egyptian's also left there descent in the region.
Roman imperial's and Greek's, then a later influx of southern Arabian Arab's followed by another influx from the former
Roman Empire but this time including a very large contingent of Non Roman northern European ancestry during the influx of several crusader attempts to retake the holy land from the Arab's whom had previously stolen it from Byzantium.

So they are actually genetically a very cosmopolitan people with many religion's but as you would expect mostly Islamic and Arabic as well as other near eastern by ancestry.
Did you know there was actually a theory linking the Kurd's to the ancient Philistine people's as well but it may be more conjecture than fact, still interesting.

edit on 20-1-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join