It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican admits Tax Bill Gives too much to Corporations

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So you know for an absolute certainty that no one earned their welfare? How can you possibly know that?

Who are the ones who pay politicians to pass certain laws? Are you saying that lobbying isn't a problem and that our politicians choose our wants and needs over their donors' wants and needs? Give me a break.
edit on 1/1/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: HanSolo31

No you didn't earn it! Because reasons.

Next.

(this is sarcasm btw)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: HanSolo31

I worked for 15 years and paid my fair share of taxes. I paid medicare taxes,

So does your employer that's been matching that contribution for the last 15 years.

Earned it ?

Not really.

Half it adjust for inflation then not even that.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

So I need to adjust what I paid because our government is addicted to money and needs to print to survive ? - Me thinks not.
If the government didn't tax me in the first place, I wouldn't need any help to make ends meet today. You can't earn what was yours and was taken away.

What does the fact that my employer matched it have to do with anything ? Let me break it down for you slowly so you can understand.

1) I work my ass off and get a paycheck.
2) Government says give me some money from what I EARNED so that we can use it for programs and wars and insurance when in need.
3) Government spends it all and basically bankrupts all programs like medicare.
4) Now that I am in need of help, I DIDN'T EARN IT ?

They taxed me exactly for this reason. Not my problem they spent it all. Again, if they hadn't taxed me, I wouldn't need them at all.
You can't tax me and say we will hold this money for you so if something happens we can help, and then say you didn't earn it.
edit on 1-1-2018 by HanSolo31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

You do know the United States is competing in a global marketplace. US corporations need an advantage in order to compete with other countries so they can remain in the US and employ American workers. Leftists policies only redistribute America's wealth to other countries. Are you an American loyalist or a globalist. If you are a globalist then just admit to it instead of making excuses why it is better to extract America's wealth.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This is the coup de grace to the MC and poor of America from the elite rich, who’s puppet Trump delivered what he was elected for to them: literally every resource in sight!

We’ll be virtual serfs again soon folks, not part serf but full serfs again!

The only thing left to us is debt.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1

You do know the United States is competing in a global marketplace. US corporations need an advantage in order to compete with other countries so they can remain in the US and employ American workers. Leftists policies only redistribute America's wealth to other countries. Are you an American loyalist or a globalist. If you are a globalist then just admit to it instead of making excuses why it is better to extract America's wealth.

On any list of the worlds most profitable, most revenue, or most assets, or most anything, whether it be top 50, top 100, or top 10, the US will always have at least more than half of US corporations on that list.

They don’t need all that help—their making more money than they’ve ever made

This is just pure unadulterated GREED!

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Expect this man to be hated now. Go against the administration, feel the wrath of its supporters.

That's true! At least some in the Republican side can disagree.

The Dems? Lockstep robots.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It's not too much. America hasn't revised corporate tax rate since the 1980s. Russia has 20% corporate tax rate. Britain has 19% corporate tax rate. America already has high corporate tax rate at 21%.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Micro Rubio gets smaller and smaller...

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Another freaking lie,the Democrats are the big corporations that control all the media ,judicial system,sounds like a liberal rag trying to create a Sh** storm with baffling BS,what they are best at

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Things you will never hear at a Rubio Press Conference:

Q: Senator, if the bill is so bad, WHY DID YOU VOTE FOR IT?

A: I didn't know what was in it until afterwards.

Q: What do you mean? You are one of the 'inner circle' working on the bill!

A: Not really. There were only about three people who had any idea at all what was in the bill before the vote... and they were all lobbyists...

Q: Wait... Whut?

A: Yeah.. you remember all that "drain the swamp" stuff? Well we have finally flushed all that representative democracy s**t right down the crapper and turned everything over to the direct power center. Can I hear an 'amen'?

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

You do realize social security is a welfare program, right? Try telling the Boomers they didn't earn that money and have no right to it.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The U.S. has the highest top corporate tax rate among advanced economies. So giving them some back is a good idea. The real problem is the governments over spendinga reply to: CB328

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: amfirst1

On any list of the worlds most profitable, most revenue, or most assets, or most anything, whether it be top 50, top 100, or top 10, the US will always have at least more than half of US corporations on that list.

They don’t need all that help—their making more money than they’ve ever made

This is just pure unadulterated GREED!

Nope, the Corporate tax cuts are addressed at the smaller companies. The potential start-ups, even the middle-sized companies...those close to joining the 'departing' companies.

The rich, the multinationals? Yep. Doing well, as it is. The big boys will continue getting bigger....Here, China where ever that 'profit' can be made. Fact.

So those 'biggies' will make even more with the tax cuts. Deal with it! It helps the smaller guys which ARE the backbone of our economy and jobs.

Get the economy at a stable level....then reign in the multinationals.....

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: HanSolo31

So I need to adjust what I paid because our government is addicted to money and needs to print to survive ? - Me thinks not.
If the government didn't tax me in the first place, I wouldn't need any help to make ends meet today. You can't earn what was yours and was taken away.

What does the fact that my employer matched it have to do with anything ? Let me break it down for you slowly so you can understand.

1) I work my ass off and get a paycheck.
2) Government says give me some money from what I EARNED so that we can use it for programs and wars and insurance when in need.
3) Government spends it all and basically bankrupts all programs like medicare.
4) Now that I am in need of help, I DIDN'T EARN IT ?

They taxed me exactly for this reason. Not my problem they spent it all. Again, if they hadn't taxed me, I wouldn't need them at all.
You can't tax me and say we will hold this money for you so if something happens we can help, and then say you didn't earn it.

Are you going to take time off work to fix roads, build schools , etc? Didn't think so.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
This is the coup de grace to the MC and poor of America from the elite rich, who’s puppet Trump delivered what he was elected for to them: literally every resource in sight!

We’ll be virtual serfs again soon folks, not part serf but full serfs again!

The only thing left to us is debt.

I don't think so. We'll have more job and better pay after this tax cut. Stop it with the doomsday prophecies just because you don't like Trump.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: gimcrackery
The U.S. has the highest top corporate tax rate among advanced economies. So giving them some back is a good idea. The real problem is the governments over spendinga reply to: CB328

Lets just add some context here shall we?

NPR: FACT CHECK: Does The U.S. Have The Highest Corporate Tax Rate In The World?

The claim: The U.S. has the highest corporate tax rate in the world.
The short answer: That is generally true, though many businesses end up paying far less than the statutory rate.

The key words here 'statutory rate'. Although the US statutory rate is quite high, after all the deductions and loop-holes are figured in, no businesses pay anywhere near the statutory rate. In fact the average is LESS THAN HALF the statutory rate.

When many politicians talk about overhauling the tax code, both on the corporate and income side, they talk about this discrepancy between effective rates and statutory rates — the phrase often used is "broaden the base, lower the rates" (or some configuration thereof). The idea is to lower the statutory rates but close some of the loopholes that push those effective rates so far from the statutory rates.

So 'reform' should mean lowering the statutory rate, but eliminate the loopholes and deductions. But they didn't... they increased the loopholes and deductions.

One other way to put corporate tax rates in perspective: the total size of corporate revenue. That has fallen off over time.

And on this measure, U.S. corporate taxation isn't all that big compared with other countries'. As of 2014, U.S. corporate tax revenues were at around 2.2 percent of the GDP. The OECD average was 2.8 percent.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Marco Rubio has moral center of tapioca pudding. He voted for the stupid bill but he didn't mean to or some such excrement. He's either too corrupt or too stupid to be allowed a say in his defense.
edit on 2-1-2018 by richapau because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
taxes create prosperity

Democrat logic 101 -

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join