It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16yo Shot Parents, Sister, Family Friend all DEAD on NYE

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Planette

terribly sad situation.
if indeed the suspect was having dark thoughts due to prescribed medication, then it is time we rethink our prescription drug regulation.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Guns are great. You should try some target shooting sometime.

Maybe it'll relax you a bit. Or.... you could just yank that "I hate America" stick outta your ass.

Well when you get slugged in a drive by and are bleeding to death I might just fist pump the driver and say 'second amendment bro, shoot them bullets to and fro' JK.

Dark humor aside, the kid might have been unhinged and speaking from experience bad parents create bad kids, and if bad kids can get a hold or firearms then watch out. You watch-the bleeding hearts will blame video games once again, and that's unfair because i've been playing Mario Kart for decades and it hasn't made me a go kart champion.

We shouldn't blame the guns, blame the parents and the second.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

If he was this hellbent on killing his family he would have used another means if he didn't have a gun. Don't act like guns are the problem when this kid was obviously mentally unstable.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If he was this hellbent on killing his family he would have used another means if he didn't have a gun. Don't act like guns are the problem when this kid was obviously mentally unstable.

BZzZz! Incorrect!

Obviously it is the guns fault! And if you support the 2nd amendment, you also have blood on your hands!

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

True. Guns just make it 100x easier.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab
a reply to: Planette

terribly sad situation.
if indeed the suspect was having dark thoughts due to prescribed medication, then it is time we rethink our prescription drug regulation.

But you won't hear any news outlets addressing the problems behind Big Pharma, only Big Guns.
edit on 1-1-2018 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Shakawkaw

Cars make it 100x easier to kill people when you're drunk but it all comes down to the person behind the wheel and their decisions doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I sit on three main factors that lead to children/teens coming to this point. (Just my opinion.)

1. Parents are to busy working their arses off and are never home leaving the kids to their video games and growing up in life on the internet OR the parents just have nothing to do with the child's life.
2. Parents are no longer allowed to disciple their children out of the fear if they do they will have the CPA at their door with the police not far behind to arrest them, meanwhile the kids get taken off and coddled while being assured that nothing was their fault.
3. Children are now learning that nothing in life is their fault and if they try hard enough they will get whatever they want and if they don't they can just be little sh**s for the rest of their life and throw a temper tantrum until they get what they want.

I mean honestly on a % basis back in the old days when kids got their butts beat and were smacked with rulers how often ( ON A % BASIS) did they grow up to murdering their own families or attempted to blow up the population / murder innocents to get revenge?

The real problem now n days is everyone is forgetting the VALUE OF A LIFE!

People are going out and killing people because it's becoming the new norm... no one understands the true value of some persons God given life and that they are taking it. They don't understand the impact, the soul destroying act of murder.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If he was this hellbent on killing his family he would have used another means if he didn't have a gun.

That argument is so old and dead it's attracting maggots.

People like this use guns because they're quick, easy and impersonal. You expect a typical 16 year on meds to pick up a baseball bat or a kitchen knife and slaughter his family? I don't. I don't have that much faith in the youth of today. They are typically out of shape and want things to happen quickly. Hell, we can say that about a large chunk of the American population, now can't we?

That's why guns are so popular and so heavily defended. You don't need strength or empathy to use them.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Mentally unstable is such a b/s excuse and I don't mean to be direct a insult at you. I'm so tired of hearing "he / she did this because he / she was "mentally unstable"
What in this persons life brought them to become "mentally unstable" and how can we fix that?

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Anti-depressants tend to affect the youth worse...

Statistically speaking of course, as I see it the system is broken everywhere. If a kid on anti-depressants has a strong chance of a mental breakdown and harming themselves or others then we really need to look at the circumstances we give these drugs out.

It's screwed up, this is the worst end of this epidemic... Usually it doesn't make headlines when a kid self harms or kills themselves.

You can't predict what a person will do when having a breakdown, you really can't. The affected are not themselves and tbh I think we should be addressing the individual's issues instead of masking them.

Depending on the drug, a person of youth can be affected with worse symptoms than what the drug was prescribed for. This usually happens in the first 6-8 weeks, it can go on indefinitely... Finding the "right" drug can take months, years even.

I could argue it's systematic abuse. It won't change anything though, we'll continue to drug our kids, we'll continue to mask the beast rather than uncover it.

We'll keep seeing people lose their lives

It's sad, very sad.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SexxyJutsu
Mentally unstable is such a b/s excuse and I don't mean to be direct a insult at you. I'm so tired of hearing "he / she did this because he / she was "mentally unstable"
What in this persons life brought them to become "mentally unstable" and how can we fix that?

As stated, the nature of these drugs (if indeed he was on SSRIs or similar) screw people up, especially the youth... If this person was already suicidal or manic etc then for the first couple of months their experience will be all the more intense.

It's hardly a bs excuse, 1000's took their own life last year, many took the lives of others too.

Who knows?

One thing is for certain though, we need more stringent regulations regarding such medications and how they are used... Especially when it comes to teenagers.

Kids shouldn't be on these drugs without a vigorous and well planned system in place, who knows what this kid was going through. It was enough to commit murder.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

We shouldn't blame the guns, blame the parents and the second.

No, we should place blame in the person committing the atrocities, not people who, for all intents and purposes, cannot fully control another human being 24/7.

Also, I'll blame the 2nd Amendment when you show me wherein it states that we have the right to keep and bear arms in order to shoot our family for no reason. If you're really pretending that the 2nd Amendment gives people the right to just kill at will, then you should probably stop talking about the 2nd Amendment.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join