It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"So, I was doing gardening and found this buried in my garden."

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
All the content below is taken from a reddit post that was trending a couple of days ago, I thought it would be interesting to share this with you and to hear what you're thoughts are on this.

So this dude did some digging in his garden and this is what he stumbled upon :

Found this buried in my family house yard while doing some gardening job. Un buried with a knife and cleaned it up good so I could see the contents.

So I opened the container. Sttong oily aromatic smell hit me. So I went for some gloves and tweezers. Dumped it all on some mesh. Some papers with things writen. It was all in some oily aromatic stuff. Had some leaves and one chilly (this was no sauce)

Most perturbating #: a small white ragdoll tied to a black ragdoll.

The black ragdoll

He added some more pictures a day later:

So I was told this is either hoodoo or voodoo. The doll, washed and in detail.

The other side of the doll.

I washed the paper bits carefully and started forming names. I dont know anu of this persons (all males) and the handwriting does not belong to any family members. The names. I suspect this was buried by sone house enployees some time ago.

Voodoo is very real. Not only is Voodoo the source of many real magical spells, but Voodoo is a tradition that has sustained people all around the world for centuries. From all the stuff I've heard it's not something you want to mess with. What are your thoughts on this?

Reddit source: www.reddit.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Got hex'd.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Witchcraft sometimes utilizes things like that too. Not only Voodoo. Now you did it, there was an evil demon in that bottle trying to get out and you let it out.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The dolls seem to me to be symbolic as a unity or bonding thing.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
That's an amazing find. It would scare me a little after seeing what it is though. It looks like some kind of voodoo dolls. I wonder how long they have been there.
Whoever buried this there certainly didn't like someone.

The earth can throw up some amazing things.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: IncessantOptimist

I don't know if I would've unwrapped and opened it without a plan in place for disposal?
I found this website that has some information, I have no opinion on the validity. It seems that they may need to get rid of it to the West?

Burial in earth is a common way to fix a trick or seal the results of a spell to keep it working. Earth burial is also, in some instances, the prescribed way to dispose of left-over ritual items after a spell has been performed. Objects buried in earth as part of a trick are usually wrapped up and tied in a packet or placed in a drawstring bag before deployment to maintain the integrity and duration of their influence -- unless the trick itself is a bottle spell, in which case the bottle does double-duty as the container. Wrapping them in aluminum foil is a modern variation of these older customs; i have even known a few contemporary root workers to use plastic Tupperware to enclose items destined for burial in earth. Spell remnants need not be treated so carefully; they nay be wrapped in plain cloth or brown paper before disposal.
www.luckymojo.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk

I'm scared looking at it. The worst part for me is until you understand it, there's nothing you can do!
Edit to add : why didn't you post that in r/occult?! You would have gotten better information
edit on 1-1-2018 by Iamthatbish because: Words are always hard predictive text makes them harder.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This is fake. The duct tape and the plastic bottle would very quickly start to deteriorate if buried. I bet he got a lot of hits on his scam reddit post though!

You guys are gullible.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish

I'm scared looking at it. The worst part for me is until you understand it, there's nothing you can do!

It could be quite innocent. Just a couple of dolls put in some oil in a jar then buried in the garden long ago by some curious teens.
I wouldn't want this anywhere near my house. Would you?

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TinkerHaus

I really seem to be. However, it's been drilled into me that plastic does not dissolve in landfills.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I certainly wouldn't want it near my house! I also know enough about what I don't know to know safety first! ( that's a mouthfull! 😉)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: IncessantOptimist
Voodoo is very real. Not only is Voodoo the source of many real magical spells, but Voodoo is a tradition that has sustained people all around the world for centuries. From all the stuff I've heard it's not something you want to mess with. What are your thoughts on this?

WHat you found was pretty cool.

BUT.. I 100% disagree. Voodoo is not real and has never been proven to be real, nor do I think it has sustained people all around the world. I can appreciate many people believe it to be real and may have based aspects of their lives, foolishly, around such mythologies.

But I don't take "from all the stuff I've heard" as evidence of it being real.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Go bury a plastic bottle for 30 days in your back yard.

Make sure to wrap it in duct tape so you can see what happens to that too.

You see, I used to be ... **fanfare**

A 12 YEAR OLD. I've wrapped so many things in tape and buried them in my back yard it's almost embarrassing. Money, action figures, toy cars, a Twinkie once..

Did I say that the plastic would dissolve? I said it would BEGIN TO DETERIORATE. That bottle and duct tape look fresh as the fallen snow. After a very short time (2 - 4 weeks) the duct tape would show tears, the glue on the tape would seep around the edges and collect dirt that would not clean off, the plastic bottle would start to pit and the dirt itself would begin to fuse into the plastic.

If this truly was buried in this person's back yard, it absolutely could not have been for more than a day or two. Any person who's breathed more than a dozen breaths on the plane of reality knows this to be factual.

edit on 1-1-2018 by TinkerHaus because: Fixin' Typos

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

OP, I'm lazy. I didn't read that you stated how old the person claims for this to be. I wasn't thinking old.
It could have been buried on their property by someone else perhaps?
Maybe it is only a few weeks or months old.
I think in cases such as the state vs casey anthony it has been stated that duct tape decomposes at a much slower rate when buried than when exposed to the elements above ground.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TinkerHaus

This thread starts like a scary movie. I'm not replicating any of it. I do however get your very condescending point. To be quite frank local urban archeology usually finds trash. That could be anything from any time. Or as has been started a hoax.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

My tone isn't condescending. Just factual. The only thing that has been uncovered here is last week's trash.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Looks like a witch jar. Someone was doing some serious cosplay. I'm going to assume reddit op lives in a low income community, where ghosts and witches and demons seem to have the biggest populations.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
first line to St Gregorio....asking for a watchful protection from Antonio idk.....
edit on 1-1-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Maybe it was a kids attempt to create a Homunculus :>)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

KJ21 For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was anything kept secret, but that it should be revealed. ASV For there is nothing hid, save that it should be manifested; neither was anything made secret, but that it should come to light. AMP For nothing is hidden, except to be revealed; nor has anything been kept secret, but that it would come to light [that is, things are hidden only temporarily, until the appropriate time comes for them to be known]. AMPC [Things are hidden temporarily only as a means to revelation.] For there is nothing hidden except to be revealed, nor is anything [temporarily] kept secret except in order that it may be made known. BRG For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was any thing kept secret, but that it should come abroad. CSB For there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed, and nothing concealed that will not be brought to light. CEB Everything hidden will be revealed, and everything secret will come out into the open.

www.biblegateway.com...

Seems this is becoming a regular feaature on ATS now, I have to wonder if simply by looking at these curses/spells if you become suseptible to their influence or once brought up and out they lose their power? It stands to reason people in areas where majic is used often they would never open the jars...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join