It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Records Found in Dusty Basement Undermine Decades of Dietary Advice Muh Cholesterol

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

Mediterranean diet, that´s what you have to do if you want an healthy life. But to do such diet you have to live in a climate similar to the mediterranean climate, I suppose.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Wait, do actually believe the stuff you post is bad or believe it is bad because a few dems said so..

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Dietary guidelines have been changing constantly when new information comes to light.

You saying it hasn’t changed in 40 years is an outright lie.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: bearclan
Thats a very good link, thanks for posting it.
It's one of the reasons to replace NaCl table salt with Mortons half and half.
Personally I try to eat a balanced diet of whole non processed foods as best I can.
Combine that with a few supplements like high quality Cal/Mag, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, B-Complex, B-12, and a small scoop of aminos in water in the mornings if I am working out.
Just what I do, your mileage may vary.
Lets make 2018 be a healthy year for one and all.

edit on 1-1-2018 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Before you changed your reply.

Did you know that the majority of the population is deficient in Potassium?

Then I replied...

Back it up with legit studies.

Potassium: Health benefits and recommended intake

edit on 1-1-2018 by bearclan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: bearclan

Wait, do actually believe the stuff you post is bad or believe it is bad because a few dems said so..

Health should cross the aisle and be non political.
While I don't like the school lunch program, I understand there is a health crisis going on in the nation, and a lot of it is nutrition related. Just glad I don't have a kid that is being told what he/she must eat.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Have done the basic OL research for what that's worth, I do know there is something to it. I take a liquid Mag supplement on occasion..I cant remember the brand. My boss got me trying it and it had a positive effect. It has helped him for sure, he's in his mid 70's and still works 7 days a week.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sapphire
a reply to: bearclan

I don't care what anyone else's solution is.

Mine however is fasting. Yes that's right. no lol's involved, only truth.

Thats cool, can you tell me more?
There are arguments that could be made that it's one of the keys to longevity.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Next time you pick up salt for the shaker, grab this, it's half Potassium Chloride

That stuff is poison

Honestly I have treated people who have told me they read online to use low sodium salt because they thought it would lower their BP but because of their underlying medical conditions have had to receive emergency treatment to save them form a serious cardiac event.

Just eat a healthy balanced diet and all will be fine.

I think people in general over complicate diet, it’s very simple just eat good food and avoid mass produced processed foods. All this stuff about going carb free on adopting a ketone diet a military diet or whatever is just pointless and for some individuals can be dangerous.

It’s very simple just eat good food and avoId processed food, if you do that then you shouldn’t need supplements so long as you are otherwise healthy

edit on 1-1-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   
The OP's a mixed bag here. His heart is in the right place, but the knowledge on certain things is lacking. Him and RickyMouse deserve to meet. Ricky would school the s# out of him regarding the nutritional sciences.
edit on 1/1/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
The OP's a mixed bag here. His heart is in the right place, but the knowledge on certain things is lacking. Him and RickyMouse deserve to meet. Ricky would school the s# out of him regarding the nutritional sciences.

Whats my knowledge lacking on?

You sound like the little runt in the schoolyard, lol, wait till my big bad buddy gets here, he'll get ya.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CrapAsUsual

Personal anecdote: I am a middle aged guy gym 5 days a week and look extremely good for my age. Then two years ago I started passing out and getting fits. Tests showed extremely high cholesterol as the only anomaly. So ... two years later with a strict Mediterranean diet, red meat only once a week etc. and I have not passed out or had a fit once in those two years. I have more energy, sleep better etc.
They can show me all the studies they want - personal experience tells me high cholesterol and certain foods that contribute to high cholesterol should be avoided.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: deltaalphanovember

Glad you have found the solution to your health problems that could be solved through dietary changes, may 2018 and forward bring you continued good health for you and all your loved ones.

Now I am craving sardines lol

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Hear! Hear!
That is the problem these days though, the QUALITY of our food even if you do avoid processed.
I think back to the war time years here in the UK. Especially for those who lived in the countryside as my ancestors did.
They all lived a very healthy life to ripe old ages.
I grew up in the 60's and 70's where mum had us eating with the seasons, she was a teenager/early 20's during the war. Not much 'exotic' food was imported. Strawberry season in June was a glut festival
Neither have I had a penchant for 'foreign' food (except Italian).
I have probably been hit by a cold maybe 5 times. Glandular Fever when I was in University, and bar one major operation 7 years ago for a physical problem, my Dr's notes are very sparse. In fact I moved 2 years ago and haven't bothered moving my Dr's practice as I only used my previous one once for a bad sinus infection.
Yes, I'm sure a lot of it is down to genes, but I can't remember either of my parents being sick until my dad died of Cancer, and my mother of Alzheimers.

Wishing you all a healthy 2018
Rainbows
Jane

PS...to stay on topic, nobody in my family has or had a cholesterol problem

edit on 1-1-2018 by angelchemuel because: PS

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Right.... like i'm gonna bealive a study where all people probably never exercised during daytime to lose calories. Not to mention the meds they were forced to take playing a major role imo on their metabolism

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   

That stuff is poison

Honestly I have treated people who have told me they read online to use low sodium salt because they thought it would lower their BP but because of their underlying medical conditions have had to receive emergency treatment to save them form a serious cardiac event.
Talk to your doctor if you have high BP or kidney issues of course.

Just eat a healthy balanced diet and all will be fine.

I think people in general over complicate diet, it’s very simple just eat good food and avoid mass produced processed foods. All this stuff about going carb free on adopting a ketone diet a military diet or whatever is just pointless and for some individuals can be dangerous.

It’s very simple just eat good food and avoId processed food, if you do that then you shouldn’t need supplements so long as you are otherwise healthy
Follow that government food guide right?

Where did I say not to eat a healthy balanced diet? So I take some supplements, so what? Thats called my informed choice. If I know I'm deficient in Ca, Mg and Potassium, why wouldn't I supplement? I don't get hardly any sunshine in the winter, why wouldn't I supplement with Vitamin D. I'm low in B12 due to an underlying health issue, why wouldn't I supplement with it? I believe there are health benefits to supplemental vitamin E, why wouldn't I supplement with it? I don't get enough potassium from my diet, and I'm aware of that, I supplement with coconut water, is that wrong? Go ahead and do whatever you want, I'm not here to sell a diet to ya. Eat all the margarine you want, I'll stick with my butter. Eat your egg white omelettes, I never did buy into the whole eggs are unhealthy BS.

I'm not asking you to do any of this, I'm just stating what I do.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   

The intent of this thread was to show there has been repressed data on an important medical study from the past, did you have a look at the article? What are your thoughts on that?
It seems like it would have been a good study, it was a controlled environment, being that it was in state hospitals and the diets could be strictly controlled. Why was it not published?

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMasterOne

Here's another resurrected study, this one wasn't patients in the state hospitals so your arguments are not valid in this study.

Keep eating your hydrogenated margarine, tastes like butter right?

Design Evaluation of recovered data from the Sydney Diet Heart Study, a single blinded, parallel group, randomized controlled trial conducted in 1966-73; and an updated meta-analysis including these previously missing data.

Conclusions Advice to substitute polyunsaturated fats for saturated fats is a key component of worldwide dietary guidelines for coronary heart disease risk reduction. However, clinical benefits of the most abundant polyunsaturated fatty acid, omega 6 linoleic acid, have not been established. In this cohort, substituting dietary linoleic acid in place of saturated fats increased the rates of death from all causes, coronary heart disease, and cardiovascular disease. An updated meta-analysis of linoleic acid intervention trials showed no evidence of cardiovascular benefit. These findings could have important implications for worldwide dietary advice to substitute omega 6 linoleic acid, or polyunsaturated fats in general, for saturated fats.

www.bmj.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I think you can eat anything you like in moderation as long as you are moving around. It doesn't have to be exercise, just get yourself moving.
I've never listened to guidelines on what I should or shouldn't eat. If I want a pie, Ill eat it. Around Christmas & new year are the worst because I'm home and eating alot of crap food.

Diets and guidelines change all the time. Chocolate is bad for you one year then the next it's ok to eat.

Although I eat a balanced diet, I do sometimes indulge a little. Who doesn't?

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   
How many people are on Statins, the drug for lowering cholesterol?
Ten years ago I was at a funeral so there were many older people at the gathering and they were discussing Statins - they said they lowered cholesterol but did not stop people from having heart attacks - which is the reason for taking them.
Read about a doctor who stopped taking Statins and why he stopped.www.telegraph.co.uk...

edit on 1-1-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join