It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NORTH KOREA WATCH - 2018 Developments.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Xtrozero
So, one thing people do not understand is that much of the world only understands and respects power. When the US waffles time and again it just creates an environment where a country like NK just threatens over and over and they get what they want. Old Kim has been waiting for us to blink and it seems Trump never blinks...

Maybe that is having them to play a different tune, what you all think?

If Kim Jong is able to launch all the test missiles he wants, and set off nuclear bomb tests without repercussions, it seems as if we're "blinking" constantly.

From an optics and credibility point of view, the U.S. should stop drawing lines in the sand, if we're not going to take action to shut-down Kim Jong's nuclear weapons program.

Didn't Pence and Trump say the "era of strategic patience" was over? If that's the case, what's up with repeated sanctions which do not work? Trump KNOWS they don't.

If we keep drawing lines in the sand and Kim keeps crossing them, he won't take us seriously. In the meantime, he's perfecting his wmd's (not just nukes).

As for the ongoing talks between North and South Korea, it is my understanding it's about the Winter Olympics only. It doesn't surprise me that Trump's taking credit for that.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Sanctions have other Clues to it then just stopping trade With North Korea.

It gives you a idea who's on who's team, and how determined they are to stay With their team.

THe reason the US have not and can not attack North Korea is because NK have very strong team members on their side of the sanctions. The US wants to take out NK. The problem is that right now the US will also have to fight China and Russia in the process.

Since the US have not attacked NK at this point is because the US dont think its a good idea to do so.

The US are set up to attack NK only.... not two other superpowers. The team mates on the US side of the sanctions probably dont think its a good idea either.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

From an optics and credibility point of view, the U.S. should stop drawing lines in the sand, if we're not going to take action to shut-down Kim Jong's nuclear weapons program.

The action is to truly shut the country down with real crippling sanctions. It looks like the latest sanctions towards Iran are having affects...

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

The action is to truly shut the country down with real crippling sanctions. It looks like the latest sanctions towards Iran are having affects...

2/8/2018

Even though the North Korean athletes didn't have much time to prepare, I hope they win some GOLD medals in the South Korean-hosted Winter Olympics.

Otherwise, unstable Kim Jong might get angry and...who knows what he'll do.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

2/8/2018

Even though the North Korean athletes didn't have much time to prepare, I hope they win some GOLD medals in the South Korean-hosted Winter Olympics.

If I was an athlete from North Korea, I'd take this opportunity to bolt. And not look back.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

2/8/2018

If I was an athlete from North Korea, I'd take this opportunity to bolt. And not look back.

Good point! I bet a few of them will request Asylum in South Korea. Unlike the soldiers, most of the athletes don't have Wife and Kids. But they would miss their Mom, Dad, Brothers, Sisters.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

2/8/2018

Good point! I bet a few of them will request Asylum in South Korea. Unlike the soldiers, most of the athletes don't have Wife and Kids. But they would miss their Mom, Dad, Brothers, Sisters.

February 19, 2018

There is a fear that the North Korean athletes will be punished for not winning any medals at the Winter Olympics in South Korea.

As North Koreans return home this week from the Pyeongchang Winter Games, possibly without any medals, Olympians hope to avoid the gulags — a fate the losers of the 1966 World Cup are believed to have experienced.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

Instead of "maybe" some will request asylum, I hope they actually DO request asylum. They only had 3 months to prepare. To be thrown into prison, or slave labor, would be a very horrific thing for Kim Jong to do. (But I'm sure NBC and CNN will love him still.)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
President Trump just said that they will be a big announcement tonight at 7 p.m. eastern time regarding North Korea.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Must be something GOOD coming this evening, because CNN a-holes are looking like they want to cry.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Yeah I've been watching abc news here in Australia for last 20 minutes. They are patiently waiting for the south Koreans and Americans to walk out a door at white house for press conference. Speculating that it might be an invite from Kim jung un to president trump.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1Angrylightbulb
Yeah I've been watching abc news here in Australia for last 20 minutes. They are patiently waiting for the south Koreans and Americans to walk out a door at white house for press conference. Speculating that it might be an invite from Kim jung un to president trump.

That's what it was. The South Korea Security Advisor said that North Korea is suspending nuclear testing, and that President Trump will sit down in person to talk with Kim Jong, between now and May of this year.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Now we just have to wait and see if the meeting really does go forward and also what neutral location all the parties can agree to.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1Angrylightbulb
a reply to: carewemust

Now we just have to wait and see if the meeting really does go forward and also what neutral location all the parties can agree to.

Kim Jong says he wants to work at "Trump Speed"...to bypass all the usual diplomatic crap. The Intel community says that's because North Korea and Kim's family "slush fund" is going broke.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Guess what? The same low-brow idiots on CNN and MSNBC who declared that Trump had "close to zero" chance of winning the Presidency, are now saying that Trump has "close to zero chance" of negotiating nuclear disarmament of North Korea.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   
March 29, 2018

Earlier this week, Kim Jong made a "surprise" visit to China and met with President Xi Jinping.

Info: www.foxnews.com...

Just Announced: Next month (April) Kim Jong will have a historic meeting with the leader of South Korea.

Source Article: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Based on the photo at this Twitter URL, it looks like Dennis Rodman helped to lay the groundwork for the upcoming Trump-Jong summit.

See the June 2017 Photo here: twitter.com...

Also, there is evidence that President Trump met with Kim Jong during his November 2017 tour of the Asia region. No missile or nuke tests since their pow-wow.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
June 8, 2018

Kim Jong is (reportedly) scared to death that he'll be assassinated at (or enroute to) next week's summit with President Trump.

twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   

June 8, 2018

Kim Jong is (reportedly) scared to death that he'll be assassinated at (or enroute to) next week's summit with President Trump.

twitter.com...

GOOD NEWS!

Kim Jong (and those who want Peace) are RELIEVED that he made it to Singapore without being shot down.

Kim arrives for the summit: www.foxnews.com...

edit on 6/10/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Peace facilitator, and friend of Kim Jong, Dennis Rodman, is on his way to Singapore.
twitter.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join