It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NORTH KOREA WATCH - 2018 Developments.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I bet Neville chamberlain was also disappointed that Britain was so hell bent on having a war with that nice german guy adolf hitler,it`s a good thing that Neville appeased hitler and delayed the war otherwise the war might not have lasted so long and been so deadly.

appeasement just gives tyrants and war mongers more time to prepare.
edit on 31-12-2017 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
North Korea, seems to be on everyone’s mind and thoughts these days. One must wonder what all they have done now. Did they do another missile test, or explode a nuclear weapon again?

North Korea, is a country that is isolated, with very few allies. Unfortunately those allies are not one that the USA would want to tangle with militarily, nor should anyone. After reading the articles, the problem is that ending the armistice, as some are suggesting would endanger millions and ultimately cause a war that the US may not win, and to lose, it would be far more devastating to the region. If the US does a first strike, then all bets are off, as China would see this as a provocation and thus give North Korea aid in the way of materials and assets, if not join them in the counter strike, and attack. Are we so prepared to go to war with China, if not more countries, attacking and harming the US in more than one way and making it far more difficult for the US citizen.

The other aspect is that I do not believe that the USA can afford another war, nor is there going to be support for any new military conflict at this time frame. And right now things are about to heat up in Afghanistan again, with tensions rising between the United States and Pakistan, this may not be the time to start another conflict.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: musicismagic
From what is known around military bases here is that "no" there is no military "nukes" going to be aimed at North Korea. The US news propraganda is pumping same ole bs when bush was in charge. It's been said many times, NK will go nuclear on their own terms and skrew America and "their " world dictatorship. Would America allow NK to tell them "no nukes" , fk no.

You did know it is the UN that determines who has and who has not , right ?
You seem to be an informed person.

You do know that govt.s are full of trickery , don't you.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   
China's support for NK is a bit over inflated. China want Kimmy the rocket man gone also. It is my belief that there will be a strike at Kimmy (be it US or China or both) and if that fails to take the little fat snakes head off then China will probably arrange/order a coup (if that's not already happened - China recently visited NK and would have spoke with many in the NK leadership) to replace the regime. Either way 2018 will be the end of Kimmy the rocket man! and hopefully a change in NK that helps the imprisoned and starving people of NK.

I am sure that there is already some kind of understanding between the US and China and a realisation on both sides that Kimmy has to go for eveybody's sake! Its just the mechanism that will be employed.

It would be absolutely crazy if the US and China didn't think this way!!

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

From what is known around military bases here is that "no" there is no military "nukes" going to be aimed at North Korea. The US news propraganda is pumping same ole bs when bush was in charge. It's been said many times, NK will go nuclear on their own terms and skrew America and "their " world dictatorship. Would America allow NK to tell them "no nukes" , fk no.

This "Olive Branch" towards South Korea might be trickery?

On the same day that North Korea publicly wished success for the upcoming 2018 Winter Games in South Korea, Olympic leaders expressed their confidence the global sporting event can reach “beyond all political division".

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un spoke about the Games during his annual New Year’s Day address, saying his country might meet with South Korean officials to discuss sending a Northern delegation to Pyeongchang during the competition next month.

Source: www.latimes.com...

I hope the committee takes Kim Jong up on his offer. If North Korea has a delegation of athletes participating, there's less likelihood that the games will be disrupted by Kim.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

On the same day that North Korea publicly wished success for the upcoming 2018 Winter Games in South Korea, Olympic leaders expressed their confidence the global sporting event can reach “beyond all political division".

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un spoke about the Games during his annual New Year’s Day address, saying his country might meet with South Korean officials to discuss sending a Northern delegation to Pyeongchang during the competition next month.

I hope the committee takes Kim Jong up on his offer. If North Korea has a delegation of athletes participating, there's less likelihood that the games will be disrupted by Kim.
Kimmy trying to divide and conquer here but his strategy is very transparent and futile!

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Kimmy trying to divide and conquer here but his strategy is very transparent and futile!

Since South Korea is so desperate to make friends with Kim Jong/North Korea, Kim's olive branch towards the South might just drive a wedge in between South Korea and the United States/U.N..

South Korea on Tuesday offered talks with North Korea next week, amid a tense standoff over Pyongyang’s nuclear and missile programs, after North Korean leader Kim Jong Un said in a New Year’s Day speech that he was “open to dialogue” with Seoul.

Kim also said he was open to the possibility of North Korean athletes taking part in Winter Olympics South Korea hosts next month.

Source: www.reuters.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Donald J. Trump ‏ Verified account @realDonaldTrump 5m5 minutes ago More
North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un just stated that the “Nuclear Button is on his desk at all times.” Will someone from his depleted and food starved regime please inform him that I too have a Nuclear Button, but it is a much bigger & more powerful one than his, and my Button works!

Trump is ramping it up. Just as South Korea and NK were about to have talks. Let's hope Lil Kim's Button doesn't work.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

THIS IS SERIOUS. In 8 months, North Korea is expected to demonstrate that it has "re-entry capability". That's what's been missing from his missile tests thus far. If North Korea can bring a nuclear warhead safely back down through the atmosphere, the danger is REAL and PRESENT at that point.

Kim Jong Un has ordered his rocket scientists to construct North Korea's biggest ballistic missile ever, and the despot reportedly plans to launch the record rocket on the regimes 70th anniversary in September, 2018.

The rocket would be outfitted with re-entry capability -- a feat the Hermit Kingdom's last intercontinental ballistic missile wasn't able to achieve -- according to a defector who talked to a Japanese paper.

The defector, who was not identified but was said to be knowledgeable in the Hermit Kingdom's missile program, told Japanese publication Asahi Shimbun earlier this week Kim laid out his plans during a meeting in Pyongyang on Dec. 11 and 12.

SOURCE: www.military.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Yes, care we must about NK. I suggest we take out their nuclear tech with electromagnetic pulse.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Gotta get that oil!

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating
Yes, care we must about NK. I suggest we take out their nuclear tech with electromagnetic pulse.

The cascade-effect would wipe out their nuclear (and other missile) capability for at least a year, wouldn't it? Particularly with sanctions in effect. What's stopping the allies from making that happen?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

This video says that today's Top Secret ZUMA space launch was designed to take away North Korea's ability to guide/steer their missiles after launching them. Perhaps this jamming technology would only be used if a NK missile takes a threatening trajectory?

I'd feel better if we could destroy the missile in the sky, or before it's actually launched. Jamming North Korea's guidance control while a missile is in flight, is very risky.

edit on 1/9/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   

The cascade-effect would wipe out their nuclear (and other missile) capability for at least a year, wouldn't it? Particularly with sanctions in effect. What's stopping the allies from making that happen?

I've been asking that myself. Alot. It would be a good way to reduce the threats, wouldn't it?

So why won't they??

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   
So, one thing people do not understand is that much of the world only understands and respects power. The reason why someone like Saddam being the minority was in power was his absolute power. When the US waffles time and again it just creates an environment where a country like NK just threatens over and over and they get what they want. Old Kim has been waiting for us to blink and it seems Trump never blinks...

Maybe that is having them to play a different tune, what you all think?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

I've been asking that myself. Alot. It would be a good way to reduce the threats, wouldn't it?

So why won't they??

I don't know. Could be that we'd make China angry. Even Russia has told the U.S. to keep our mitts off of North Korea, or they would retaliate for Kimmy.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
So, one thing people do not understand is that much of the world only understands and respects power. When the US waffles time and again it just creates an environment where a country like NK just threatens over and over and they get what they want. Old Kim has been waiting for us to blink and it seems Trump never blinks...

Maybe that is having them to play a different tune, what you all think?

If Kim Jong is able to launch all the test missiles he wants, and set off nuclear bomb tests without repercussions, it seems as if we're "blinking" constantly.

From an optics and credibility point of view, the U.S. should stop drawing lines in the sand, if we're not going to take action to shut-down Kim Jong's nuclear weapons program.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   

So why won't they??

Only an idiot.would strike first, that's why.

I'd say it's 50/50 odds on whether The Donald or L'il Kim fire first...
edit on 9/1/18 by djz3ro because: Early morning posting + 2 kids + "would" = woukd

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   
we need a US Watch thread to compare the US war activities with that of NK in 2018. and tally up which country drops the most bombs or is engaged in wars or over throwing governments or inciting riots and "protests".

lets judge countries by proven actions not words; how about that simplicity..?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

So why won't they??

I don't know. Could be that we'd make China angry. Even Russia has told the U.S. to keep our mitts off of North Korea, or they would retaliate for Kimmy.

If our roles were reversed, I would think that China and Russia would be upset if Kim threatened them, like he has the US.

Somehow, I think that both nations w/b delighted if Kim attacked us......it would be one less superpower in the world.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join