It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While you were all focused on BTC

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I'm still holding all of my positions. I've made no changes in weeks and likely won't.

Now is the time to just hang on to it and not think about it. It's like my stash of gold and silver coins that I add to every so often. I don't think about it and don't consider making major moves on it.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Generation9
a reply to: neo96

My fear is that all coins are dropping to 1.00 and the whole thing has been a gigantic scam.

Not happening, the bankers may try to bring their own centralized coins and kill all others, but centralization is antithetical to the blockchain tech and basis on distributed processing for trust. I think there's been some market manipulation trying to bring down coin prices this year, but doubt it can be kept up once the global economy faces true hardship in the coming years.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I'm still holding all of my positions. I've made no changes in weeks and likely won't.

Same. Holy crap though. I haven't looked at it in ages, and BTC down to 4K? I honestly have no idea how long it's been that low. Kind of just not even worrying about any crypto and letting is just sit there.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   
You can sell Bitcoin at $4000 and buy 40 times as much BitcoinSV.

You can.

I have and I do continue to do so.

There is something astonishing coming. The guys in Chicago are going to be shocked. Imagine trying to cover your short position 40 times over.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

Do you have any basis for that opinion or is it just wishful thinking?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: alomaha

It's not a horrible idea. Bitcoin SV appears to have done well, even cracking the top 10 the other day, so who knows. I'm just curious which exchanges have it, as I haven't checked yet, but will be doing so.

I just haven't logged in for a time, and have a new phone, so this is fun now, accessing these (I still do have the old phone at least though).

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Surprised nobody is talking about BTC being under 4K, dipping down to about $3200 at one point. Looks like it's all on the way back up, but a lot of buzz about crypto dying, etc.

As of this post, BTC at $3591, XRP at $0.33, ETH at $96.20, XLM at $0.11, LTC at $29.32.

I doubt it will die, but I do think it's still got a long period of dormancy before anything happens.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
where is the money going to come from ???????????????

bit coin went baat crap crazy - but it was a bubble - and it burst

the parrallels to " tulip madness " are clear as day

where are tulips now ?????????????

crypoto currencies are never going to " go away " - not totally - but they are not going to take over the world either

the bubble has burst - now you are just playing with scraps

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I suspect you may be right, but I'm not out a lot, so eh.... It was worth a shot.

That said though, the idea of a de-centralized currency that is independent of the powers that be, I feel....does indeed have merit, appeal, and marketability. I DO think it will happen someday. Whether or not it's with the current coins, and in my lifetime, that's really the kicker.

I have a feeling the quantum age of computers is going to see the potential for this as a more workable and widespread concept (though it will be changed in execution). Similar to blockchain, but taking advantage of the benefits of quantum.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok
See how it is on a downward pattern?? That is when speculators begin their incremental purchases. I suspect it will get well under the price of gold by end of next year. I'll buy up all that regret then. This is not the end of pump and dump crypto. The legacy has just begun.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Do you think there is more upside to this current rally or is it just a technical bounce of some sort?

I think there is still more downward movement coming....

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Generation9
wow I had a big reply and I just lost it all and #. That really sucked. I guess I will just make this quick. Russian news is reporting rumors that the Russian Central Bank may invest up to $10 billion of their capital into cryptocurrency such as bitcoin and/or Ethereum. English translation provided by Google services.

Russia will invest $ 10 billion in bitcoins due to US sanctions
As reported in June, amid fears of draconian Western sanctions and confiscation of assets after the poisoning of former Russian spy Sergey Skripal, or simply out of a desire to get away from the dollar, Russia eliminated almost all of its stocks of US government bonds (treasuries) in late spring and early summer. As a result, there was a serious revaluation of 10-year US Treasuries, whose profitability jumped from 2.70% in early April to 3.10% in May.

And against the background of sales of US treasuries worth almost $ 100 billion, Russia was aggressively buying gold. The Kremlin also instructed the Russian Ministry of Finance to increase purchases of the yuan. In addition, during the same period, Russia purchased a significant amount of other currencies.

...Moscow is preparing to invest in bitcoin in an attempt to circumvent US sanctions.

According to Vladislav Ginko, economist at the RANEPA Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, the government is taking steps to minimize the impact of US sanctions, which are detrimental to the Russian ruble, replacing dollar reserves with the world's most popular cryptocurrency.

As noted by The Telegraph, Ginko believes that Russia's decision on dedollarization is a fundamental step to “protect its national interests.” He argues that investment in Bitcoin could be worth $ 10 billion (7.8 billion pounds); enough volume to affect bitcoin growth.

According to the Russian economist, purchases may begin as early as next month. Ginko believes that Bitcoin and the cryptocurrency industry as a whole now account for 8% of Russia's GDP.

Most surprising is the size of the redistribution proposed by Russia: the proposed plan for investing in a digital asset will allow the state to acquire almost one sixth of the bitcoins in the world. And, despite the fact that the purchase order will dramatically increase the price of Bitcoin, this will reduce the purchasing power of Russia.

In addition, any investment plans may involve the purchase of an “intermediate cryptocurrency”, which can then be exchanged for Bitcoin. A new cryptocurrency should be offered by an intermediary, such as Sberbank, and will act as a so-called utility-token.

Putin was a fan of cryptocurrency for many years, after he personally met with Vitalik Buterin, the 24-year-old Russian co-founder of the Ethereum cryptocurrency project in 2017, to discuss opportunities in this sector. He also personally met with the head of Ethereum in recent months, according to The Telegraph.

I personally believe this will be a mid-long term five year plan, as going in fast and hard could lead to a too fast price inflation leading to the next bubble quicker.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: notsure1
How do I buy some today , right now?

Right now every exchange is backlogged. So good luck.

Which is why cryptos generally won't be accepted at the retail level.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Which is why cryptos generally won't be accepted at the retail level.

They are used at the consumer level all the time. I don't know where you're from, but in the US cryptocurrencies are very common. But that's just the US. More and more places around the world are accepting Bitcoin and many other cryptocurrencies as payment for goods and services. This is especially true in Asia and Europe where BTC, ETH, DASH, and others can be exchanged for local currency at one of many crypto "ATMs" available.

coinatmradar.com...

It's not full coverage like banks. But the infrastructure that is being built for cryptocurrencies is decentralized, largely independent, and growing very fast. Crypto isn't done yet. Not even close.

But it was nice to see the trash get swept out. Everything I knew would survive the reckoning did and now it is time to start building a larger, more robust crypto-portfolio.
edit on 17 1 19 by projectvxn because: Trying to have two conversations at once

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I just put another $1000 into BTC and XRP.

I also obtained another 14,000 or so VET.

It's time to start buying again.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

The game may have changed some, the miners that are still operating are holding their coin shares until the price reaches above the cost of producing the coin. With fewer miners taking payouts below that threshold, it may be a floor.
Etherium will probably see the low $80 range before rebounding above $150.
Don't know how long that pattern will last though.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn
Hey, it's got to be a solid bet that the values will increase if the Russians Central Bank is talking about billions. I will continue to observe statements from the Russian Central Bank to monitor their activity into CC.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

They probably won't be buying billions worth of BTC.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   
There's things like masternodes and staking where you can still earn some passive profits and the genesis vision platform adds a real use case to crypto by tokenizing successful investors.
I still keep track of what's going on and things like Ox, Origin trail, NLC2, Ontology, Neo and elastos as well as a few others have the potential to really change things for the better. I sold a lot of my crypto and think we could see another year of slow price action but eventually the hype will return and possibly reach new highs because it will be useful and saving cost for everyone.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Slickinfinity

There is a lot of good news surrounding BTC right now. Same with XRP.

There are things getting done, more people will have more access, and we're also seeing new sectors of the economy embracing blockchains.

Crypto may have slow price movement but I think the hemorrhage of the last year is over or very close to being over.

If everything dips a little lower for the first quarter, so be it, more buying opportunity going forward. I think it will be more than just hype bringing new highs. But real access, real commonplace use, and the altcoin market will see better quality projects coming to the forefront.

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join