It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While you were all focused on BTC

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Doge should concern you.

Doge was NEVER meant to be anything.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I've got to say, while I am not surprised with the performance of ADA, it sure is nice. XRP is at 3.75 at last viewing. That's pretty neat. XLM(a Ripple competitor for you anti-bank folks) has seen some pretty good gains at .90 cents.

IOTA has hovered around 3.93 and 4.12 on average. Eventually, people are gonna start dumping some of the garbage like Dogecoin, XP, TrumpCoin, Clinton or CLINT, and several other so specifically named.

XRP is at 3.84 at last viewing. That's pretty neat.

What people need to understand is that in a market swell like this, anyone can build a blockchain, take a few pictures, build a bad-ass website, write a white paper, and have a currency circulating around the world in a matter of a few months. Sometimes considerably less. That is literally how DOGE started, and it was supposed to be funny. Now it's got a billion dollar market cap. That should absolutely not be.

It's unbelievable to me how little regard people can have for their own money.

edit on 4 1 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

There will be a reckoning.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

There are two kinds of pump and dumpers(not to be confused with traders). Idiots who think they can read the future with a chart and "buy on the dips", and people who build garbage blockchains like PotCoin addressing a niche market(in this case a pretty good one)and never delivering on development or adoption strategies; no real-world use, no marketing. Just put it up, wait for a mob of idiots to pump it, and they take off with what they "bought" before they got on the exchanges. What people call scam-coins are just the worst of the pump and dump mentality.

There's a lot of it too and it's gonna suck when it all goes away.

There's a reason why my choices must have serious technology and corporate backing. Without it, there's no widespread adoption and no real value.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Sigh...

It still burns a bit, but I bought 16000 xrp when it was 16 cents.

I sold at 30 cents thinking it’ll come back down to the 20 cent mark where a I could buy it back and increase my portfolio a bit.

The funny thing is I got it to sit on and just let it do it’s thing for a year or 2.

Oh hindsight is a wonderful thing!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Oh man...

That really sucks. That's close to 60k US.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   

You've said as much before and there is wisdom in that regard.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I've had money in and out of a lot of markets since I was a teenager. Quite frankly I've been more of a doing-things-person than financing-things-person. Stocks and financial instruments are NOT interesting.

But massive changes in global economics and the fundamental change of capitalism? Yes, that is effing interesting. This technology is going to do that. Especially as the IoT expands(hint IOTA)

I'm looking for companies who start adopting and using Ripple. I will invest in those companies. Same with companies that invest in ADA or, my personal darling, IOTA. If we invest in the currency, as well as early adopters' stock, we could do extremely well in the coming automated economy.

Market solutions like IOTA will prevent things like the idiotic, class war inducing, Universal Basic Income. Changes like that, preparation for the future economy, is what I am interested in. This makes investing interesting.

I buy Ripple because I want to USE Ripple like that video of the guy buying his beer with it at Walmart. I buy IOTA because I want it to be part of a distributed internet protocol that ensures automated services transactions can happen in an instant and without the fear of quantum assault.

These changes are coming sooner rather than later. The growth of the internet and technology alone is what should drive people to cryptocurrencies, technology companies, and looking for ways that we can all contribute to an ever-growing internet of people and things.

This is what drives my money. I saw these changes coming after 2008. It told me everything I needed to know about how outdated and obsolete the economy had become, and I knew that people wanted more and something better, because that's what I wanted.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I had to postpone a buy of XLM but that order will be placed by the end of the week.

Stellar stalled out.

I will feel a lot better if Xrp will consolidate.

It's spiked 5 times previously only to fall bigly within the last year.

coinmarketcap.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I know that. But it is something and I think it will continue. Besides,I only bought about $35 dollars worth just because I like it. But thats $40 dollars now...lol

edit on 4-1-2018 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I had to postpone a buy of XLM but that order will be placed by the end of the week.

Stellar stalled out.

coinmarketcap.com...

It stalled but for how long? Every coin can have a bad day, Its when it turns in to weeks or more that I get concerned. I think stellar has a lot more growing to do.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

A 22% sell off since yesterday.

According to poloniex.

From a high of .90 to less than .68 as I am writing this.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Stellar stalled out.

coinmarketcap.com...

It consolidated back to around $3.15. It is back to gaining, in fact back to $3.50ish.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I would say we are in correction/consolidation territory right now.

Gonna be some good deals coming soon.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I just bought TRX.

TRON

Made the top 10.

Cardano,stellar,Ripple all petered out.

But that's alright.

We expected it.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

4. Tron is a blockchain-based, open-source protocol for the global digital entertainment industry in which TRX, Tron's token, is circulated. It enables one-on-one interaction between the suppliers of digital content and the normal users. Thanks to tron, content providers no longer need to pay high channel fees to the platforms such as Google Play store and Apple's Appstore.

www.ndtv.com...

Hmmm.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I bought TRX at 7 cents.

I'm happy with it. The Chinese New Year is coming in February and the year of the Dog celebrations will be addressed with games and apps that transact using Tron.

Games like that are as big as Star Wars Battle Front and COD here in the US. The market there is more mobile phone focused than our console/PC game economy is by far. In fact, it's a yin and yang.
edit on 5 1 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Bitcoin trading volume and price is sucking the juice out of almost all of the top 10 coins.

There are some enormous trades going on. Since BTC is the only way to buy other coins right now on many exchanges, it stands to reason that BTC is about to be dumped into other coins. The overall market cap for the entire crypto market is at a record 775 billion dollars.

I think someone is about to make some HUGE trades into other currencies on the exchanges. Possibly Goldman Sachs.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I saw that.

Up $100 billion in less than a week.

Was going to increase my stake in TRX but transactions are delayed at coinbase.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I saw that.

Up $100 billion in less than a week.

Was going to increase my stake in TRX but transactions are delayed at coinbase.

I think Goldman is busy capitalizing their upcoming crypto exchange.

Since even Goldman has to buy to BTC to get other coins, I believe the HUGE trade volume and the overall market cap is an indicator of a major investor. Look at the moving average correlations, people are not dumping their other coins for bitcoin. Those coins are in a normal correction phase and will be for the next day or two. I expect to see heavy trading when Goldman's announced exchange goes live.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join