It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Year's Eve Gunman Supect Arrested In Houston Small Arsenal Of Guns Found In Hotel Room

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Police arrested the intoxicated individual for trespassing, according to The Houston Chronicle, and discovered a semi-automatic AR-15 rifle, handgun, shotgun, and a lot of ammunition in his top-floor hotel room overlooking downtown Houston

NEW YEAR'S EVE GUNMAN SUSPECT ARRESTED IN HOUSTON, SMALL ARSENAL OF GUNS FOUND IN HOTEL ROOM

I'm not very awake yet to talk more about this story but I found it important as is looks like someone was planning a NYE attack similar to what we experienced in Las Vegas.

The hotel is the downtown Hyatt here in Houston

The downtown hotel had planned a New Year's Eve celebration that expected hundreds of people to attend a 50,000 balloon drop.

Police arrested the intoxicated individual for trespassing, according to The Houston Chronicle, and discovered a semi-automatic AR-15 rifle, handgun, shotgun, and a lot of ammunition in his top-floor hotel room overlooking downtown Houston.

MODS, do what with this as you well.

edit on 12 31 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Oh FFS....

"a small Arsenal", two guns and one handgun does NOT make.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Next we'll find out that "a lot of ammunition" is 10 rounds.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
But was he planning an attack?

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Maybe it's just me...But there is no friggin' way you're getting me to stand in a crowd, out in the open. I'm glad the cops got this guy before he could cause any harm, but I've got a bad feeling he's not the only one who had this idea.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLifeQUICK THERE MAY STILL BE TIME TO CHANGE THE ALL CAPS THREAD TITLE!!!

More info or this thread didn't happen! INTERESTING how the GUNS that may have been found are the topic and not the stats on the alleged murderer.
edit on pm1231pmSun, 31 Dec 2017 14:52:51 -0600 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The Houston Chronicle version of the story makes more sense to me.

"This was not Las Vegas," said an official familiar with the case. "There was not an arsenal." Chief Art Acevedo took to Twitter to reinforce that sentiment. "Situation from this morning at downtown hotel is contained," he wrote. "No specific threats."

After hours of investigating, police charged the man, identified as Russell Lawrence Ziemba, 49, with assaulting a peace officer and trespassing.

Apparently, no charges are being made about him bringing the guns to the hotel as he legally owns all of them and this is Texas where we carry guns just if we feel like it.

www.chron.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Breaking news!!! Dude crashed a party. Oh and he had some firearms in a hotel.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

My daughter just told me about this, wondering if I had seen it on ATS yet.
It may NOT have been an arsenal comparative to the Las Vegas gunmen's stockpile but one innocent death is too many.

Authorities also discovered weapons in the man's vehicle.

I think, when planning an attack if that's what was happening, it would be important to TRY to remain sober-ish.

link   

olice arrested the intoxicated individual for trespassing, according to The Houston Chronicle, and discovered a semi-automatic AR-15 rifle, handgun, shotgun, and a lot of ammunition in his top-floor hotel room overlooking downtown Houston.

OMG!

3 guns!

WHAT an arsenal!

I am sure he could take over the country with that amount.

link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Was he planning an attack?
Don't know at this time as he is too drunk to explain himself to the police.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Sloppy drunk bent on a hinge...acting alone?

In the movies, these characters at least maintain a sense of sobriety so in order to function well enough (conceal the evidence) to complete the "mission."
Guy takes them to his room does he?
Or the investigation led them to his room?

Sloppy drunk became emotionally charged, composure lacking?
Probably just mourning the loss of loved ones, holiday depression?

Trespassing?

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

My thinking exactly. All it takes is one gun with one bullet to ruin a person's life and that of their family and friends.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'm still trying to figure out the part about him trespassing but having a room at the hotel.

Russell Lawrence Ziemba does have a record of being charged with DWI in the late '90's. Being a drunk doesn't sound like much of a reason to be a mass killer anyway. Who knows what police will find in his vehicle.

FWI, according to Mylife he is a postman and Republican.
I know that is not much of a site for information on this case, but it's at least something to help figure out who this guy is.
www.mylife.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
is it even illegal to bring firearms into your hotel room in Texas?

I'm just really confused to what the actual issue is here? The dude was drunk on new years eve and happened to own a few firearms...

Maybe he was Muslim or something, that would at least explain the uproar here... lol.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

www.khou.com...

Management and the officer asked Ziemba to return to his room on the 28th floor. Officials say Ziemba returned to his room but headed to the lobby again and continued harassing guests. Hotel management asked the man to leave the hotel. Authorities say Ziemba refused to leave but was gathering his belongings. That's when the officer noticed ammunition and several weapons. It's unclear at this time if the weapons were discovered while Ziemba was packing or if they were in plain sight.

I've bolded a section about to show that he was being kicked out of the hotel, therefore the trespassing charge.

Investigators say there are no indications Ziemba had any intent to use the weapons. Because he was at the hotel, and the guns were apparently in his truck, Ziemba brought them into his room for safekeeping.

So he brought the guns in just to keep them safe? In downtown Houston that makes sense to me.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Is bringing multiple guns to a hotel a standard thing In America?

As a Canadian, I usually just bring like, shampoo and toothpaste, and maybe a few changes of clothes. But, I can understand that's just a cultural difference.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

In Texas, you are allowed to carry weapons inside your vehicle as long as they are hidden. Now anything from a gun and a sword are allowed.

Per allowing in the hotel room, I think that is up to the fine print in the customers' contract with them as to whether this is allowed or not.
edit on 12 31 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

FFS....
An arsenal is a collection of weapons. He had a collection of weapons. 3 is a small number. Thus he had a small arsenal.

Some people.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join