It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statitics suggest Islam will be the dominant religion in the next century.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I have been doing some research into future projections of the world population in terms of religion.

Without a doubt Islam is set to totally dominate. As it stands Christianity has the biggest slice presently:

www.pewforum.org...

The whole article there makes for interesting reading. By 2060 Christians and Muslims will be roughly almost equal, so add another forty years to that of continuing growth at that scale then by 2100 Muslims will be the most powerful collective religious force on earth. We shall all be very influenced by them and obviously as they enter the top levels of our societies they will expect respect and will be in positions of authority over us. Also they will want to have their own concept of law to be accessible in whatever nations they reside. Islam, the world will be yours.

Surprisingly there will be few atheists, Buddhists and other minorities (though I have not checked out Hinduism). Statistically all these minorities are dwindling in numbers. Please refer to the article for further elucidation.

The interesting bit for me is Russia. Did you know this?:

jamestown.org...

How Islam Will Change Russia

Russia is becoming increasingly a Muslim country. Out of a total population of over 146 million (including two million in annexed Crimea), it counts about 15 million people of Muslim background—even if not all are believers and even fewer practice Islam. Given forthcoming demographic changes, by around 2050 Muslims will represent between one third (according to the most conservative estimates) and one half (according to the most ‘alarmist’ assessments) of the Russian population. This ‘Islamization’ of Russia—not in the sense of radical Islam but of a rising number of citizens self-referring to Islam—will impact both Russia’s domestic situation and its foreign policy options in the medium and long term. Islam’s growing importance in Russia will shape the future of the country in at least five main directions: the overall demographic balance of the country; the strategy of ‘normalizing’ the regions of the North Caucasus; Russia’s migration policy; Russia’s positioning on the international scene; and the transformation of Russian national identity.

I think Russia will in the next century become Islam's real Power House. The U.S may well be very exhausted by then and may have lost much influence. I see signs that is already happening. Trump is politically introvert, putting America first and losing "many contacts among the lumberjacks". He is alienating many, including the EU and UN, arguably.

Even in my short life I have watched all the Christian Churches emptying in Britain. At the same time Mosques are being built by the score. Islam is thriving in the UK. That has happened in a very few years. Think what another eighty plus years will achieve!

Interesting to note that in Islam's Quran it is prophesied that the Beast of the Earth will rise and destroy all the infidels and sanctify all the believers. He will carry the staff of Moses to bless and the seal of Solomon to curse. I urge you to cross reference this with the Beast of the Earth in Revelation who makes war on Christ (The Rider on the White Horse), and His people, and kills them if they will not take the First Beast's mark:

en.wikipedia.org...

The Qur'an mentions that the Beast will address the unbelievers and admonish them for their lack of attention towards God. The following is the purport of the Qur'anic verse that has been discussed: And when the Word is fulfilled against them (the unjust), we shall produce from the earth a beast to (face) them: He will speak to them, for that mankind did not believe with assurance in Our Signs. — Qur'an, sura 27 (An-Naml), ayat 82[2] According to hadithtraditions from Al-Tirmidhi, Dabba will have the Seal of Solomon and the Staff of Moses. He will mark the believers with the staff and the seal will mark the unbelievers.[3]

Hasten in performing these good deeds (before these) six things (happen): (the appearance) of the Dajjal, the smoke, the beast of the earth, the rising of the sun from the west, the general turmoil (leading to large-scale massacre) and death of masses and individuals. Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "The Hour will not be established until the sun rises from the West: and when the people see it, then whoever will be living on the surface of the earth will have faith, and that is (the time) when no good will it do to a soul to believe then, if it believed not before."

Interesting to note that in Revelation it specifically mentions:

"Revelation 20:4; I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years."

Here is the passage about the Beast of the Earth in Revelation:

"Revelation 13: 1-13; 1 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed."

edit on 31-12-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Who gives a sh*t???

Seriously...

What does it matter to anyone what someone else decides to believe?

And just so you know, Sunni Islam is already the largest single belief system on Earth, followed closely by Roman Catholicism.

Might as well panic now, right? Why wait...

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
I have been doing some research into future projections of the world population in terms of religion.
Without a doubt Islam is set to totally dominate. As it stands Christianity has the biggest slice presently:

Every 500-600 years we usually get a new religion.

Moses came and revitalized Judaism in about 1300 B.C.
Gautama Buddha came in about 500-600 B.C. and gave us Buddhism (in the East)
Ashu Zarathushtra came in about 500-600 B.C. and gave us Zoroastrianism (in the Middle East)
Jesus Christ came in about 1 B.C and gave us Christianity
Mohammed came in about 600 A.D. and gave us Islam.

We're overdue for the next world religion already.

So, it's likely that neither Christianity nor Islam will dominate 500 years from now.

We're overdue for the next spiritual world teacher.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
According to a lot of people Jesus will have come back and killed most people by then so no worries.
edit on 12/31/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
An Islamize world. It’s a menacing thought, isn’t it? I wonder how many more theocracies will appear on the stage within the next 50 years

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Its not like religions are the most powerful organizations on earth. Only when they combine with powerful gubments.

The days of the King and Pope are over, or are they? Seems we are destroying the mE around Jerusalem, lately.

Depending on your agenda, you can call those Arabs, Muslims or Middle Eastern looking men, but they are the ones dying in droves because of US and EU (NATO) 'defending' the Holy Land, or Oil or Hegemony.

Depending on your agenda.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
According to a lot of people Jesus will have come back and killed most people by then so no worries.

Those ancient texts that people often cite, were written by people who had no clue how many billions of people would be alive today.

The largest cemetary in the world is in Iraq, has over five million people buried there. We go meh, so what, hundreds of millions have died in world wars in the last hundred years.

Exactly.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Unaffiliated will one day overtake them all. So what.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Who gives a sh*t???

Seriously...

Spoken like a true narcissist.

Not that all the other narcissists here 'give a s***' what you care about either.

edit on 31-12-2017 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

It won’t. The birth rates for “unaffiliated” are in steep decline.

www.pewresearch.org...

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Who gives a sh*t???

Seriously...

Not that all the other narcissists here 'give a s***' what you care about either.

It appears you didn’t comprehend my actual point.

I’ll let you read it again to understand.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

I don't see Artificial Intelligence on that list...

Anyone thinking that AI won't be the full on religion for humans in a century's time really are stuck in the history of what religions provide.

AI will replace the unknowns humans call 'God' nowadays. The reasons they will be the God's of the next century? Because, they will be operating on 'unknown' technologies and practices that mystify humans... leading to such titles as 'Godly'.

People running around touting about the divides of religion in 100 years will be the ones in mental institutions. Some may argue that these people belong there now, but its just better we leave that stuff for AI to fix.

You're also not factoring in that over half of the Arab world is likely inbred. Southerners tried that method in the United States for a short bit, and look how that worked out for them. The Arab world is over 1,400 years strong with marrying 1st cousins. Inbreeding leads to stupidity and devaluing DNA/RNA structuring. Inbreeding sure doesn't seem like a smart way to increase the brains intellect.

pjmedia.com...

edit on 31-12-2017 by ttobban because: added comments

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Who gives a sh*t???

Seriously...

Who gives a sh*t???

Seriously...

Narcissistic personalty disorder...

"...concerned chiefly or only with yourself and your advantage to the exclusion of others;"

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

www.pewresearch.org...

Unaffiliated increase with those accessing higher education.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It needs to read: "Agnosticism will be the dominant idea, both socially and religiously, by the end of 21st Century."

That'll suggest we actually survive it.
edit on 31-12-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Who gives a sh*t???

Seriously...

Who gives a sh*t???

Seriously...

"...concerned chiefly or only with yourself and your advantage to the exclusion of others;"

It appears you are in a continuous loop of failure to understand my actual point.

Keep trying though.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Who gives a sh*t???

Seriously...

Who gives a sh*t???

Seriously...

It appears you are in a continuous loop of failure to understand my actual point.

Keep trying though.

Nobody expects narcissists to get it, because they don't give a s*** about others, only themselves.

Anymore posts down this pretend lane of ignorance will result in post removal.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Any day now.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

www.pewresearch.org...

Or just more access to information making indoctrination harder.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

www.pewresearch.org...

That’s not quite true.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join