It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran live coverage of protests

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Unlike your hatred of all whites, I do not hate all Muslims.

In fact some Muslims are some of the best Americans I know.

I have a problem wit econmic migrants committing crimes including rape.

Iran is a bad regime to live in because they kill gays, the treat women very bad, freedom is very low.

Perhaps its lack of freedom combined with poor economic conditions is why these people as protesting.

But as always, your hatred of white people places the blame on them, and ignores any possible complaints te people of Iran have with their leadership.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Iran is a bad regime to live in because they kill gays, the treat women very bad, freedom is very low.

Lol, I just got done saying your arguments would involve women and childrens rights and wallah, like Pavlov's dog...

I assume by 'they' you mean criminals.

'They' (criminals) do that everywhere. If your criteria for hating on Iran is 'treating women very bad' you might as well regime change the world...

Oh, nvm... you are.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

I don't think the west cares as much about Iran as you think. The games that get played in the Middle East has lots of players. Everyone has a hand in it including Russia and China.

The banking cartel wants everyone in the world indebted to it. Those "Western Interests" you mean?

Russia and China responded to western "Games' in the ME, just like they always have in other places like Korea, Vietnam, Cuba, etc.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Oh, look...we're involved in more regime change.

I guess the CIA finally managed to get the ball rolling on their plans over there in Iran. The "deep state" (or whatever BS you people call them) have been trying for YEARS to stage a people's uprising in Iran.

First we install the Shah of Iran, then he gets overthrown by the Iranian people...then decades later I guess we're going to install someone else. . .

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Lol, I just got done saying your arguments would involve women and childrens rights and wallah, like Pavlov's dog...

'They' (criminals) do that everywhere. If your criteria for hating on Iran is 'treating women very bad' you might as well regime change the world...

Oh, nvm... you are.

You are siding with the oppressive government of Iran over the young people openly protesting in the streets, ripping down Khomeini images.

A protest over there is not like in the West, it is not hip and fashionable it is putting your life at jeopardy to speak or act out against their government. It is not something that is done to be an "activist", it is an all or nothing act. When it is over they will either succeed or perish miserably after unspeakable tortures and horrors and they know it.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
These stupid ME leaders with all their militancy and anti-Israel hate policies are coming home to roost…

That's it in a nut shell. Not that Israel are saints, mind you, but your point is well made.

The fact is these ME countries should have made peace and have no reason to be fighting each other and wasting all their resources on huge armies and militant wars against each other

As has been said more than once, it sometimes seems that the only thing many Arabs (but I've been reliably informed that Iranians are not Arabs) hate more than the West are fellow Arabs. It's a shame, really. The Middle East could be a wonder to behold, were they to stop the infighting...

Stop all the tribal wars and try peace!

Tribal. Ethnic. Religious. These conflicts have been on going for thousands of years, it's unlikely that any thing'll change in our lifetime...but it'd sure be a good thing were it to happen.

These hypocrites aren’t practicing Islam they are practicing power war games to the detriment to their people

Oh, they are...sort of. I've no idea how many sects there are in Islam, as I'm not an Islamic scholar by any stretch of the imagination, and not very knowledgable on such matters... I'm guessing that there are at least as many as there are in Christianity, and most of them seem mutually hostile to each other. But that's the "leaders" not the religion itself. They're, the leaders, concern is not with their flock, but with their position at the head of the flock as the bellwether.
edit on 12/30/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Iranians are not "Arabs". Iran is not part of the Arabian peninsula nor does it belong to the 22 or so nation "Arab League".

There are Christian Arabs, Muslim Arabs, Jewish Arabs and so on, its a pan-ethnic term encompassing several ethnic groups and religions.

Saying someone is an "Arab" is like saying someone is "Southeast Asian".

It's a little bit more nuanced and complex than most Americans want to bother understanding. Sad really, considering how much money our government spends on the greater Middle East and the Arab nations within it.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
So let me get this right .. after the US elections there was all the fuss about Russia meddling in the election prompting a Trump section effectively changing the way polticis is done. But now the US is pretty much putting pressure on Iran and its people about a regime change.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
In some videos I noticed numerous garbage can still upright and not a'flame.

Weak. These folks need help. Someone get ANTIFA on the next C-17 smokin' to Iran ASAP!

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY
In some videos I noticed numerous garbage can still upright and not a'flame.

Weak. These folks need help. Someone get ANTIFA on the next C-17 smokin' to Iran ASAP!

ANTIFA are the poser fakers, they are not rebelling for their survival just headlines. These people will likely die for rebelling.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

You did notice, perhaps, though apparently not, that the post I responded to had mentioned the Middle East?

But I thank you for your attempts at informing me that Iranians are not Arabs, that they are, in fact, Persians. Thank you, your kindness is much appreciated.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Nominee for tweet of the year.......

Reddit is pushing this as the symbol of the Iranian protests....

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
But now the US is pretty much putting pressure on Iran and its people about a regime change.

Apparently not.......

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: SailorJerry
And what are these protests over?

Iran isn't a puppet regime of the Western Banking Cartels... yet.

Sure. And unlike the countries in the west, Iran is a paradise, right?

You just make stuff up all the day long, don't you? For instance, in Libya, prior to NATO --

You mean in Libya, prior to lefties. Too bad their good intentions led to the JV team taking over.

Obama never did seek congressional approval after 60 days, nor after the 30 day extension.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Oh, nvm... you are.

I mean yeah it happens everywhere, but that's not an argument. State sanctioned is state sanctioned.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

Lack of social freedoms. Oppressive religious policing. State intrusion into the personal life. Suppression of women. Censorship. Unemployment and lack of opportunity. Bent judiciary. Corrupt police. People have the ability to spontaneously rise up against ongoing repression

Like all oppressive regimes they are hated by the majority. A brutal crack down is on its way, but sometimes that does not work.

Anyway - from HRW 2017 report
And - Amnesty 2016-17

The authorities heavily suppressed the rights to freedom of expression, association, peaceful assembly and religious belief, arresting and imprisoning peaceful critics and others after grossly unfair trials before Revolutionary Courts. Torture and other ill-treatment of detainees remained common and widespread, and were committed with impunity. Floggings, amputations and other cruel punishments continued to be applied. Members of religious and ethnic minorities faced discrimination and persecution. Women and girls faced pervasive violence and discrimination. The authorities made extensive use of the death penalty, carrying out hundreds of executions, some in public. At least two juvenile offenders were executed.

edit on 31/12/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
So let me get this right .. after the US elections there was all the fuss about Russia meddling in the election prompting a Trump section effectively changing the way polticis is done. But now the US is pretty much putting pressure on Iran and its people about a regime change.

So it's that far fetched to consider younger people with access to social media may at some point get fed up living under barbaric Islamic rules and take to the streets in protest?

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Have been following the #IranProtests a little on Twitter and this does appear to be spreading outside of the major cities and into small towns right across Iran.

People very quick to blame outside influences. Personally I think the internet and social media is changing the expectations of citizens - allowing open and informed discussion and comparison of living conditions and freedoms.

Don’t get me wrong the US would love regime in Iran and will undoubtedly become active there if not already. However you cannot deny the right of the citizens of a nation to demand change particularly if they have restricted freedoms, few prospects and no sign of improvement.

From what I’ve viewed in the various videos circulating the response from the current regime is becoming more extreme the longer this goes on. The protesters are risking their lives to get their message across. It’s one thing to demand things from behind a keyboard and another to get out there and do it despite the risk of loss of life or liberty.

I just hope our damned government in the UK stays out of it - the last thing we need is the wisdom of BoJo.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

After the nuclear deal was signed, and UN sanctions were lifted, many Iranians expected to see improvements in their economical condition. Instead, the Iranian regime allocated huge amounts money to wage a proxy war in Yemen and helping Assad staying in power during the Syrian civil war. All while the average Iranian suffers from rising unemployment and high living costs. This and rampant government corruption are the reasons that the Iranian people are marching the streets again. I hope this time they will succeed to claim their country back from the fanatics.
Iran's government response to these protests is not different from any other dictatorship - blocking the internet and shooting protesters.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   
mobile.twitter.com...

There are reports of a lot of unusual aircraft activity over Iran with a number of lights flying without a call sign or destination

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join