It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CIA just tweeted this about UFOs.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: NobodyToldMe
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and so on.

Sometimes a cigar ia flying around in space. Sometimes a cigar just looks like a cigar and ia really a big ol' brown joint. And yes, usually a cigar is just a cigar.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

A question that comes to mind is what ever actually came of the oblong intergalactic asteroid? A lot of these recent partial disclosures seem to be happening within a short time of that event. Then again correlation does not equal causation, and in fact the hype over it could very well be the same hubub as everything else. Perhaps a poster on another thread was correct in suspecting Fox of promoting excitement over the new upcoming season of Xfiles. Maybe the government got some money for the same type of hype... who knows, but do you think the asteroid might have yielded exciting findings that they aren't disclosing but instead are giving partial disclosures to brace people?

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
"partial controlled disclosure" !
I would guess that they Know that the Aliens will be coming out!
and when we can All clearly see the Aliens.

the CIA will now be able to say.
"look we told you about UFOs"
as IF they did not keep it secret.

the Aliens must have some thing planed?

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: 808Funk
Why does disclosure have to from the USA and why not Russia, Japan or even bloody Kenya ?

When disclosure comes, and that's a 'when', not 'if', the only way I'll accept it is if I hear and see and touch 'it' myself without any assistance from anyone except me and 'it'.

Think about it - if for instance aliens from other planets exist and have been visiting our planet for eons why the F wouldn't they just reveal themselves by themselves? Why would they need human created 'government' to announce that they are here and always have been?

It makes no sense as a universal being that advanced beings would rely on untrustworthy government to do their bidding.

Unless they are malevolent, then we are dealing with a whole different ball game there.

Oh they are...almost exclusively.

All of them with agendas...not allowed to be truly nice...a perfect reflection of the control sets in place here.

It is a testament to their own fear and secrecy...that they remain secret...it is up to US to force them into view..into the light so they may experience and heal with us..or fade into everlasting incompleteness.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: NobodyToldMe

originally posted by: coldlikecustard
It smacks of a partial controlled disclosure to me and that is not a good thing total full truth is what is required I do not believe we will get it.

I have to agree with many and say that we can't handle the truth when it comes to ET's. The collective "we" as in global society in general. "I" would be Ok with it. "You" would be OK with it.

But I have seen some on here speculating that "aliens" are demonic in nature and should be compelled by the power of Christ back to Hell. That is why full disclosure would be inadvisable to TPTB.

Anything that would be "bad news" is basically "bad for business" or TPTB. If disclosure of any sort of "big, hidden truth" made us all want to work harder for absolutely no pay, they'd been talking 24/7 about it...

As is, most of the people either don't believe there's anything to this whole alien/UFO thing - or they subscribe to wishful thinking about benevolent visitors from a highly advanced civilization far out in space that somehow has nothing better to do with their time than to take the scenic route past us - and they will some day give us flowers and fruit baskets. Greetings from Elvis. Learn us the secrets of the universe for no other reason than being so full of care and love for us that they are virtually (if not literally) overflowing.

My personal belief is that:

a) There is most def something to the whole alien/UFO phenomenon - it isn't all weather balloons, swamp gas or lighthouses in the distance,

and

b) I don't think we would like the truth. Most of us would clearly not be able to handle the truth, and I'm leaning heavily towards the truth being very unpleasant in a way that drives the point home that we are either insignificant - or indeed VERY significant for these alien beings - but in a way that cattle are significant for a butcher.

So many stories about close encounters with aliens seem... staged. Not necessarily in a "CIA guys dressed up in rubber costumes and administered acid to unsuspecting citizens" kind of way, but more like entities that TRY THEIR HARDEST to convince the abductees that they come from far out in space - drawing maps, taking soil samples like some lunar mission, etc.

Since we literally know nothing about the truth - we can only guess - these aliens not being "Tau Cetians" but rather demons harvesting our souls is as distinct a possibility as anything.

Not here to hand out candy or smell the flowers, but here for us.

I hope not.

Because that would literally be hell.
edit on 31-12-2017 by Uberdoubter because: Minor adjustment.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NobodyToldMe
Well I think these things could be supernatural and physical or aliens at the same time.Had a really good UFO encounters myself and none of them where planes nor helicopters.
I do not live by any air force base.Also watched one of the UFOs stand still well above my house,heard very loud helicopter but never spotted the helicopter.The UFO well above my house took off sileintly at high rate of speed.I noticed the helicopter sound went towards the UFO.The total night I saw at least 9 UFOs and it lasted for about 45 mins until they seemed to go off in a distance.
Was is my newspaper article the next day,seriously doubt this is all government technology and I believe in God and Jesus Christ as my savior.
This event though certainly has me wondering and following alien and UFOs and the conspiracies tied into it.
edit on 31-12-2017 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

They're setting us up for Project Blue Beam. Their hoax version of an alien attack or the 2nd coming of Jesus. Maybe both.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Great thread.

I feel the need to add some things that are slightly less sinister if true.

If one believes that a UFO crashed at Roswell, as I do, it is entirely understandable they kept it secret. It was 1947, only 2 years after the end of WWII, the world laid very much in a total stupor. A gut wrenching sacrifice of blood all over the planet, but also the faith that humanity will overcome evil, no matter the price.

Disclosure at that point "would have been abusive" (as I write in fiction), to force upon a public that was in near collective PTSD, a paradigm shift like that would have been simply too much.

The Cold War had also already very much begun. Nuclear weapons made the specter horrifying. It would have been irresponsible for the U.S. to not keep incredible technology secret in order to gain an edge in that conflict.

Once one hides the truth that one time, it snowballs into a positive feedback loop. Hide it once, need to hide it again. Then the Brookings Institute puts out its secret whitepaper to NASA - "society cannot handle disclosure."

Then the very few people with access begin to benefit both financially and politically from that access and have every reason to suppress it.

It snowballs. Here we are. If it were not done slowly, many that "hid" the matter and profited off it would face jail. Unless it's dragged out so many years that the intel community can claim they have spent the entire time angling toward "good disclosure" and not face jail.

Last thing. Many here might well handle disclosure. But, still, the rule has been that if only 20% of people can't, it will rip the fabric of society.

And, as George Knapp ALWAYS WARNS, if you're saying you're ready for disclosure, best check yourself, "are you sure?" Because saying you're ready pre-assumes you know kinda what it will be. But, I don't and you don't. It may be far more sinister, and/or far deeper than we ever really thought possible. What if the Earth really IS a farm? People the crop? Can I handle that? I don't know. I write fiction about it as questions to myself and others, mostly.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
If there is a secret CIA agenda, beyond simply trying to ready the world, I find it far more likely that it involves the fact that the president has essentially attacked the entire intel community.

I don't care what side you're on.

The fact is that it's very possible that ONE WAY the intel community could fight back, without coming out and attacking the president directly, is to leak information like this.

If no one in the WH or DoD authorized it or knew of it ahead of time, their natural reaction would be WTF?

And that could well be the "sign." The intel community saying: "If you really want to battle with us, best be careful, bc you really don't know all we have, maybe we have some stuff that turns things - including you - upside down, and we're not afraid to let it loose if necessary.

Just a theory. But, it's hard for me to ignore that this come out EXACTLY when we have a heated battle between president and Intel services.
edit on 31-12-2017 by Scrubdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Spot on.
Tho I wonder if the royalty is in the dark too

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
What could the CIA say to make everyone happy here?

1. We have recovered space ships and we have no idea what they are, where they came from and what there agenda is. If that were true, no one would still believe them and everyone would go nuts.
2. We have no hard proof, but, have radar evidence of activity we cannot explain even though we have been trying for 70 years. That could be the real truth, but, what does it accomplish? Everyone on this board would just go, we already know that, what else do you have?
3. We have been playing games with the Russians for 70 years and all these events are explainable, but, will remain classified for another xxx years. There is not any evidence of intelligent beings.
4. They have contacted us and are studying us and our planet and we have no way to contact them. They contact us when they feel like it. We don't trust them.
5. There is potentially a phenomenon and the more evidence you provide us the better we will hopefully be able to solve the phenomenon.

The last point seems to be the one they are hinting at. Personally, I am certain there is intelligent life in our galaxy. I am far less certain it has ever visited earth. I don't believe interstellar travel will ever be so routine civilizations will be able to just come and go among the stars. I am guessing that my #2 above is the correct answer. But, #2 doesn't provide proof that anything is there or that it is from another world. It is also possible that there is a very advanced civilization right here on earth that remains hidden and that could explain the phenomenon. That would probably be even more scary than actual aliens. I just hope we find proof of any life off earth during my lifetime.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   
A fascinating thread Sublime!! All the best of life to you and your loved ones for 2018
Ya that seems odd,coming from the CIA,eh?

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Wonder why the CIA doesn't post about new events? Anyone notice how old these stories are?
Trying to explain how to make better pictures as if it were still 1952 and people are still making grainy black & white photos! Well they got the "long lost tips" part right anyway...guess we're being eased into the water via the way back machine.

edit on 1-1-2018 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperboles
a reply to: intrptr

Spot on.
Tho I wonder if the royalty is in the dark too

Those that maintain the status quo , hold the reins of power, only care about threats to their hegemony.

If they know they also know they don't represent a threat. They could take over but don't so meh, business as usual.

Might as well try and convince World Leaders not to be so selfish and greedy as convince them of exterrestrqals or any spirit realm.

They just don't care. Too busy conquering and enslaving the world .

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
pretty damn hilarious how utterly suspicious pretty much every single one of you is about this.
like, i get where you're coming from, but this thing where everyone's convinced they're the only one who's got it figured out is just sooooo boring
oh, wow, you say it's a false flag? gosh i never heard that idea before, we're only on page seven of the fiftieth thread about this topic, do tell me more

;/

what if, say, this whole thing with de Longe has caught the government types off guard a bit - they weren't expecting it to be so well received or that the sources wouldn't talk about it so candidly or whatever - they, like you, thought it was all a bit of a joke but now it's on the front page of the Times...
so now they ratchet up the Press machine and pretend they've been playing along since the start.

I'd love to believe there's some sort of orchestrated thing going on that will culminate in Disclosure or some sort of engineered apocalypse but i honestly can't believe that any group of people can be well enough organised to pull that off. Humans are messy, y'all.
edit on 1-1-2018 by continuousThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

This is the link I clicked somewhat randomly, coming from this page. (Number 1 under "Top 5 CIA Documents Mulder Would Love To Get His Hands On".)

Can be all made up, sure, but it is an interesting read.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

A well-thought out comment. Certainly those that claim to "know" are fooling only themselves, even if their reasoning is worth listening to, it shouldn't be based upon a claim to "know." (Unless someone who actually HAS worked in military intel or in the big contractors like EG&G or Northrup, Skunkworks, etc. But, as everyone knows, they have nothing to gain talking here and damn near everything to lose if caught doing so. Highly doubt any of THOSE types are around.)

Here's a logical follow-up question to your point re: NY Times. The people here who somehow think the NY Times is organized to be a Hillary front or anti-Trump are morons. The Times has made mistakes but still has more cred than just about any other news source. It may not be perfect, it ain't "fake."

So, given the importance of the times, and given that we all know the evidence existing that the CIA and others paid and/or threatened "Big Media" about running anything on UFOs. Indeed, we know evidence exists that they had many on the payroll through the Congressional hearings in the early 70s. No reason to think it stopped regarding UFOs.

And thus, this. Who told the NY Times, "This is okay to publish and take very seriously." Who told them strongly enough that the Times ensured they put 2 Pulitzer Prize winning reporters to investigate and write the story?(!).

Whoever gave the Times the "Go Ahead" are the people behind the reason it's dribbled out now. If those people can be identified, it would go a long long long way in figuring out what might happen next.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The CIA and FBI got annoyed files, would be released about the JFK murder. Strange reaction if one man was the only person who planned the killing of the president. CIA is not going to disclose anything that will change the paradigm of our society.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi
a reply to: Hazardous1408

The problem lies in the ETs coming here and stating that Allah is a made up fairy story and there's no God nor afterlife.

Then we'll see the proverbial SHTF

That will be the Great Deception. The ET “phenomena” is interdimensional , not terristerial. Once that is understood the labels (angels, demons, aliens, ET,s, etc) are semantics. From your perspective, you are trading one fairy story for another. They are the same.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
here's my question.

what horrible things can happen to elizondo and others like him if they break their sf312? wait i already know the answer. really, really horrible things. they like everyone else arent breaking theirs which leaves the obvious possibility left. they are part of a psyop/cointelpro to throw you the spectators off.

and guess what? they are better at this type of cointelpro thing than you guys are at discriminating the truth. and, what they're doing is clearly working considering a lot of you have been unsuccessful at cutting through the B.S. to see the picture beneath

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join