It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 7 very reasonable laws the Hebrew God requests of the gentiles..

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

You made a stupid statement based on nothing but pure guess work
You back it up

Don't give a toss what the Goths were, Rome died because of stupidity, go study history and stop bleating ignorance

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: Yvhmer

Believe in them or not, what does it matter to me.
Many gods were worshiped and are still, non in my mind compare to what Christ, as recorded by so many, many who went to their graves, Christ accomplished.

Funny you list so many gods, does that mean more, like humanity has a desire for God?

Christianity teaches no laws outside of love, a love that is completed in the believer through the Holy Spirit that becomes Indwelling, no system, no laws needed, just the relationship with the Holy Spirit within.
That's true christianity

Suffering, accept it, it will end in Gods time for the believer, that is what the bible teaches

The wool, it's what you have over your eyes

Why do so many confuse the 10 commandments(specified for the Hebrews/jews in th e OT) with th e things Christians are to do? Is i t because people do not realize th e bible is more than just one book in a handy size?
Thank you catholic church for screwing with everyone. really appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Yea I’m sure that is the accepted historical view point.. that the CHRISTIAN Roman Empire was “stupid”...

I was reading a peer review publication the other day titled ..

“Stupidity and The Roman Empire”

Lol..

You do realize how silly that is that right???.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

What?!?!!

“Recorded by so many people who went to his grave?!?! “

I bet there are not the first person accounts of the resurrection, of 4 people in the Bible...

Because, for example John said a bunch of people saw it. That doesn’t count as the testimony of a bunch of people..

Also Christianity teaches that if you don’t believe in theor particular brand of deity , you will burn in hell for eternity. Where exactly is the “only teachs love” in that?’?!!?

Also what make you the be all, end all decider of true Christianity??!?!

So the people who practiced it for the 1950 years before now were all wrong, but You know the truth..

That’s a bold claim.. lol

edit on 1-1-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Then please, from a Jewish Torah.. show me where it says that Jesus is comming to install a new covenant where the laws will change???

That god is going to walk the earth in the form of a man, and that belief in him will erase all sin and allow Jew and gentile both into heaven..

You say it says it unambiguously.. so show where it says that.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Yea I’m sure that is the accepted historical view point.. that the CHRISTIAN Roman Empire was “stupid”...

I was reading a peer review publication the other day titled ..

“Stupidity and The Roman Empire”

Lol..

You do realize how silly that is that right???.

You made a stupid statement based on nothing but pure guess work how christianity cost the Roman empire, thats dumb and not historical
You back it up

Don't give a toss what the Goths were, Rome died because of stupidity, go study history and stop bleating ignorance
Rome was destroyed because of stupidity, not christianity

www.usu.edu...&civ/chapters/08ROMFAL.htm

But hay, you just keep believing in dumb, Joshua

www.tamos.net...
An underestimated factor may have been that they made too many stupid mistakes. Take Hadrians Wall, built in England at the time of Emperor Hadrian. A prudent government, concerned with the defense of the wall, would have installed a moat around the outside. But what did the Romans do? They built moats on both sides of the wall, at a cost, it is said, of a million days' labor.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

This is just from cliff notes.. aka the first google result..

“There are a number of reasons for the collapse of the Roman Empire — a decline that took place over many hundreds of years. The rise of Christianity did play a small, but not insignificant, part in the decline, in that it eroded traditional Roman beliefs and values and caused conflicts between Christians and those who continued to hold onto the old pagan philosophies. ”

It also made the cut in the history channels too 10 reasons Rome fell..

“The decline of Rome dovetailed with the spread of Christianity, and some have argued that the rise of a new faith helped contribute to the empire’s fall. The Edict of Milan legalized Christianity in 313, and it later became the state religion in 380. These decrees ended centuries of persecution, but they may have also eroded the traditional Roman values system. Christianity displaced the polytheistic Roman religion, which viewed the emperor as having a divine status, and also shifted focus away from the glory of the state and onto a sole deity. Meanwhile, popes and other church leaders took an increased role in political affairs, further complicating governance. The 18th-century historian Edward Gibbon was the most famous proponent of this theory”

Here is an article saying as much on “political science.com”

www.politicalsciencenotes.com...

Would you please show me examples of where serious historians have ever referenced the Roman Empire as “stupid”...

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

The fact Christianity aided the fall of Rome is agreed upon across the board..

How much it aided is debated.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

This is just from cliff notes.. aka the first google result..

“There are a number of reasons for the collapse of the Roman Empire — a decline that took place over many hundreds of years. The rise of Christianity did play a small, but not insignificant, part in the decline, in that it eroded traditional Roman beliefs and values and caused conflicts between Christians and those who continued to hold onto the old pagan philosophies. ”

It also made the cut in the history channels too 10 reasons Rome fell..

“The decline of Rome dovetailed with the spread of Christianity, and some have argued that the rise of a new faith helped contribute to the empire’s fall. The Edict of Milan legalized Christianity in 313, and it later became the state religion in 380. These decrees ended centuries of persecution, but they may have also eroded the traditional Roman values system. Christianity displaced the polytheistic Roman religion, which viewed the emperor as having a divine status, and also shifted focus away from the glory of the state and onto a sole deity. Meanwhile, popes and other church leaders took an increased role in political affairs, further complicating governance. The 18th-century historian Edward Gibbon was the most famous proponent of this theory”

Here is an article saying as much on “political science.com”

www.politicalsciencenotes.com...

Would you please show me examples of where serious historians have ever referenced the Roman Empire as “stupid”...

Now lying by omitting
Thats poor form

You missed this part out
of the quote
How appropriate
The decline of Rome dovetailed with the spread of Christianity, and some have argued that the rise of a new faith helped contribute to the empire’s fall. The Edict of Milan legalized Christianity in 313, and it later became the state religion in 380. These decrees ended centuries of persecution, but they may have also eroded the traditional Roman values system. Christianity displaced the polytheistic Roman religion, which viewed the emperor as having a divine status, and also shifted focus away from the glory of the state and onto a sole deity. Meanwhile, popes and other church leaders took an increased role in political affairs, further complicating governance. The 18th-century historian Edward Gibbon was the most famous proponent of this theory, but his take has since been widely criticized.
While the spread of Christianity may have played a small role in curbing Roman civic virtue, most scholars now argue that its influence paled in comparison to military, economic and administrative factors.
www.history.com...

Lying is such poor form Joshua

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

The fact Christianity aided the fall of Rome is agreed upon across the board..

How much it aided is debated.

I wouldnt trust a word you said

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

But let’s be fair..

You also believe the whole world flooded and humanity came from one family that incested us into existence...

So .....

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Um when did I say it was the primary or only cause?!?!

YOU said it played no roll in Rome’s fall and that it was laughable to any historian to say otherwise..

Something that is patently false..

All I had to do was prove it was widely accepted it played a part..

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Umm.. except for it is the truth..

When Christianity “conquered “ Rome. It was a massive empire of aqueducts and everything the world had to offer at their beck and call..

ONE century of Christianity and it all falls apart.. it took another return to a secular society to spark the renaissance and then the industry age..

There was almost no societal wide progress while the church ran society..

These are your words you clown

When Christianity “conquered “ Rome.

Thats stupid and you are now denying your own words
Christianity didnt conquer Rome

Stop with the stupidity and read history

Also I never said it didnt play any role, again stupidity, I dont know if it did or didnt, I only know that "Christianity “conquered “ Rome" is a stupid statement.

edit on 1-1-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

But let’s be fair..

You also believe the whole world flooded and humanity came from one family that incested us into existence...

So .....

But let’s be fair..
You tell me where humanity came from
How many familys, how many evolved at the same time, what 10 or 20 familys at the same time evolved at once, or what two homo sapiens together, 1 million all together

Whats your best guess Joshua, please tell me

Space dirt and space water

Stupid argument with no forethought at all.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

They can trace out a rock solid path from the Big Bang to life, and then we have an infantecimal gap for the fist spark of single celled organisms. Then they can again trace it from there to modern humans..

Guess what the can’t find??

Evidence of a global flood..

7 day creation..

Adam and Eve..

2 of all the animals on a boat that size.

A genetic bottle neck for us all coming from Noah..

Aka anything testable in the Bible’s account..

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

heres a thought. God is so powerful he engenineered the big bang and gave nudges here and there just to give you a argument in the present. God knew you would argue one day. Omnipotence and omni presence FTW.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: Yvhmer

Believe in them or not, what does it matter to me.
Many gods were worshiped and are still, non in my mind compare to what Christ, as recorded by so many, many who went to their graves, Christ accomplished.

Funny you list so many gods, does that mean more, like humanity has a desire for God?

Christianity teaches no laws outside of love, a love that is completed in the believer through the Holy Spirit that becomes Indwelling, no system, no laws needed, just the relationship with the Holy Spirit within.
That's true christianity

Suffering, accept it, it will end in Gods time for the believer, that is what the bible teaches

The wool, it's what you have over your eyes

Why do so many confuse the 10 commandments(specified for the Hebrews/jews in th e OT) with th e things Christians are to do? Is i t because people do not realize th e bible is more than just one book in a handy size?
Thank you catholic church for screwing with everyone. really appreciate it.

Why blame the Catholic Church for that one (or was that more general?)? I don't think they excommunicate members for not obeying what has come to be known as the Ten Commandments. They never excommunicated Hitler or any of the other Catholic Nazis either, like Archbishop Aloysius Stepinac who closely worked together with another Roman Catholic that was never excommunicated, Ante Pavelić, to pursue a "convert or die" policy in Croatia during WWII. Just read that they actually excommunicated the Catholics that convicted Stepinac for war crimes or had any part in that trial.

All Catholics who had taken part in the court proceedings, including most of the jury members, were excommunicated by Pope Pius XII who referred to the process as the "saddest trial" (tristissimo processo).[153]

Source: wikipedia

And regarding Pavelic after the war wikipedia mentions:

On arrival in Rome he was given shelter by the Vatican[128] and stayed at a number of residences that belonged to the Vatican[129] while in Rome where he started to gather his associates. ... In fact, Anglo-American Intelligence used former fascists and Nazis, as agents against the communists.[132]

Anyway...

A Law of Love in Hearts

4. Why were the Ten Commandments of great importance?
The laws they bore set out the core principles of the Mosaic Law covenant and formed the basis for the theocratic administration of a national government. They gave evidence that Jehovah was dealing with a specific people, a chosen people.

5. In what ways did God’s laws to Israel reflect his love?

5 Those laws revealed much about Jehovah, particularly his love for his people. What a precious gift they proved to be to those who obeyed them! One scholar wrote: “No moral system ever humanly formulated before or since . . . can approach, much less equal, or excel, these ten words of God.” Concerning the Mosaic Law as a whole, Jehovah said: “If you will strictly obey my voice and will indeed keep my covenant, then you will certainly become my special property out of all other peoples, because the whole earth belongs to me. And you yourselves will become to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.”—Exodus 19:5, 6.

A Law Written in the Heart

6. What law has proved to be of more value than laws written on stone?
Jehovah foretold the making of a new covenant unlike the Law covenant made with the nation of Israel. “I will put my law within them, and in their heart I shall write it.” (Jeremiah 31:31-34) Jesus, the Mediator of the new covenant, did not personally impart a written code of law to his followers. He sounded down Jehovah’s law into the minds and hearts of his disciples by the things he said and did.
Laws Based on Love

9. How did Jesus indicate that love was the essence of Jehovah’s laws?

9 The essence of all of Jehovah’s laws and regulations can be summed up in a single word: love. That has always been and will always be an essential part of pure worship. When asked which was the greatest commandment in the Law, Jesus answered: “Love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.” The second was: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” He then said: “On these two commandments the whole Law hangs, and the Prophets.” (Matthew 22:35-40) Jesus thus indicated that, not just the Law with the Ten Commandments, but the entire Hebrew Scriptures were based on love.

10. How do we know that love is central to the law of the Christ?
...(John 13:34, 35; 15:12, 13) ...Matthew 5:44.

11. How did Jesus demonstrate love for both God and mankind?
12. Why can it be said that love of God and neighbor are inextricably linked?
To Love Means to Obey
When we love individuals, we are in tune with what they like and dislike, and we conduct ourselves accordingly. We do not wish to displease those whom we love. “This is what the love of God means,” wrote the apostle John, “that we observe his commandments; and yet his commandments are not burdensome.” (1 John 5:3) ...

edit on 2-1-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   

They can trace out a rock solid path from the Big Bang to life, and then we have an infantecimal gap for the fist spark of single celled organisms. Then they can again trace it from there to modern humans..

Guess what the can’t find??

Evidence of a global flood..

7 day creation..

Adam and Eve..

2 of all the animals on a boat that size.

A genetic bottle neck for us all coming from Noah..

Aka anything testable in the Bible’s account..

These are your words you clown

When Christianity “conquered “ Rome.

Thats stupid and you are now denying your own words
Christianity didnt conquer Rome

Stop with the stupidity and read history

Also I never said it didnt play any role, again stupidity, I dont know if it did or didnt, I only know that "Christianity “conquered “ Rome" is a stupid statement.

You are a fool, "christianity conquered Rome", dumb dumb and dumb

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Are you saying
LIFE or "humanity came from one family that incested us into existence...through evolution "

Do you realise how dumb you come across saying exactly what I was saying but you saying it was evolution.

I can use your own words to trip you up

Stop, go away, think, think better before coming back

You are such a fool

Your unbelievable, what you cant find, logic or a way to retract your dumb coments about christianity conquering Rome

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Then please, from a Jewish Torah.. show me where it says that Jesus is comming to install a new covenant where the laws will change???

Focussing on just the subject of a new covenant (the coming of the Messiah or Christ is mentioned elsewhere).

Jeremiah 31:31-34

31 “Look! The days are coming,” declares Jehovah, “when I will make with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah a new covenant. 32 It will not be like the covenant that I made with their forefathers on the day I took hold of their hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, ‘my covenant that they broke, although I was their true master,’* [Or possibly, “their husband.”] declares Jehovah.”

33 “For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares Jehovah. “I will put my law within them, and in their heart I will write it. And I will become their God, and they will become my people.”

34 “And they will no longer teach each one his neighbor and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know Jehovah!’ for they will all know me, from the least to the greatest of them,” declares Jehovah. “For I will forgive their error, and I will no longer remember their sin.”

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join