It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell Us What You've Discovered In Your Lifetime Mega Thread

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Here you go.
a reply to: seasonal
Does It Look Like I Give A F***

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Clean socks won't hide the odor of defeat.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: raiden12

Never trust a woman with two first names.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Soul mates are not usually your opposite sex, supposed to be, mate.

Soul mates are when you meet someone for the first time, and feel like you have known them your whole life, but theyyou were just a missing piece.

I have been blessed enough to meet a handful of them. and lost one.

Also. Think about all the #ty things that have happened in your life. While it sucks, did you learn something? You should have. Everything is a lesson.

edit on 29-12-2017 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I discovered that what I thought was real.....often really wasn't. I am a little ashamed of myself for believing things without actually researching if they were true. I believed what I was told by many people that were supposed to be knowledgeable about the subject way too much. I found out through researching the evidence myself that misinterpretation and consensus of the time were actually a problem. I don't hold it against myself though, but I am correcting things in my mind now and doing lots of research and thinking about the reality I live in.

I spent a lot of time living in the delusion that people with power and money created. It is still happening, but I now can evaluate it quite well since I quit consuming the food chemistry that led me to believe a lie since it blocked my ability to think deeply about things and evaluate the evidence on my own to see if it was properly applied.

I have to admit though, to fit into society for years, I chose to eat those foods so I wouldn't think so much and could enjoy the work I was doing without questioning if it was really the right thing to do. I gained much experience over the years.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I've learned a couple big ones:

1. In the software industry, there are two kinds of jobs: Those that wear you thin, and those that inspire you to grow, learn, and experience new things. The ones that wear you thin are usually the ones that make you the most of the money.

2. I've come to realize that, as I am closing in on the end of ITT's student loan mishap for good...that money doesn't matter as much to me as my happiness. I've already started working towards my retirement career (instrument repair), and I will also be able to find a position in my industry that calls out to me.

3. For those going to college, by now, I'd say you're almost better off watching and learning via youtube/the internet. Save yourself some money and peace.

4. Left-Foot braking (with a front-wheel drive car) - My mind was blown when it was suggested to me to look into this for winter driving. While I can't claim I became a super winter driver, I can say that it helped give me some confidence on my steering ability.

5. Stop trying to date friends, and don't hesitate to make new ones. All my friends are getting married around me; I stopped worrying about getting married a long time ago, because right now, I have yet to find anyone that can put up with me.

6. The Illuminati card game from 1995 is actually real, and I own about 400 cards of the set, several ripped from never-opened packs. Yep, I'm a master-level conspiracy nut now, and the proud owner of a couple copies of the infamous 9/11 card.

-foss

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Too never give up. Never ever give up. Even if it's easier by doing so. It's the hard accomplishments in life that define a person.

As well never waste 1 minute of your life being angry and feeling resentment. By doing so, your giving up 60 seconds of happiness.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Loyalty

The importance of being loyal to someone eluded me for most
of my life. Only recently have I discovered how important it
is to be loyal to someone. And that it is far more important
to me. Than it is to the one who possesses my loyalty.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
S.S.D.D

Sums up what I have learned thus far.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
On a serious note, that everything is borrowed. The only thing you leave this planet with are experiences.

Invest in those instead of material things. Happiness doesn't lie in seeing who can stack the most crap up around themselves.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Too much. Not nearly enough.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I have learned that the world is inherently split; that there is a driving force of creation and a counterforce of destruction. I have learned also there is a unity between even these two,; and if there is to be any god, he lies hereabouts somewhere. I have learned that like transformers , there truly is "more than meets the eye" and that intent is far more potent. Lastly, I have learned that consciousness is a very confusing mess.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

That's Honourable.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Love is a burning ring of fire.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Your perception is your reality.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I've discovered in my lifetime how we have been decepted,from the teachings of history in school,televison from the 50's,depicting racial inequalities,then fast forward to 70's,these same things promoted are now being racist,then a total decade of explotation of blacks,the government asking for your race as you fill forms out,what I have discovered is we as a whole are under control,religion,social media,schools,and pretty much nothing you can do about it,they have conditioned society to say,"I don't want to do it,let someone else" attitude,nothing has nor ever will be done,we are screwed,the big plans are still being played out,I think eventually we will be under control of one group,I see the millenium do you really think you'll get them to resist?,nope

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Your experiences greatly resonated with me rickmouse, it's fascinating to see how far it's possible to come with your own perspective away from the mainstream view. There are so many things in this reality that, when we first enter, appear to be understood and ready to be delivered to us all neatly packaged for our mental absorption when in fact it couldn't be further from the truth.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: fossilera

2. I've come to realize that, as I am closing in on the end of ITT's student loan mishap for good...that money doesn't matter as much to me as my happiness.
-foss

Indeed, so much of my late 20s was re orientating my life due to the misunderstandings i had in my youth. We can't be afraid to sacrifice comforts for the road our heart suggests we should take, we feel like we can't give up those things but most of the time we can and we are far better off for it.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
"Wherever you go...because I can!"

...or sumthin' like that.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
We do not have truly original thoughts

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join