It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feel the love! - What I learned on ATS this week

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I'm sure if you try you could get a government grant to attempt to breed cows that give brown milk. Someone got one to try to breed gasless cows.

So that we can still eat beef without destroying the environment? lol too funny

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

a reply to: Lysergic

We also ruined mac and cheese and all forms of dance.

yah just like this couple from S Africa destroyed salsa...
www.bing.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: Groot
Just a reminder.

This IS the internet with fake people everywhere. Fake news, fake everything.

Gotta ask, do you see this kind of thing in the real world?
Interactions with real people?

I know, you think I am a newbie, but I am not. Been around longer than most on here and come on here for the laughs.

You all might think you are big with all the stars and flags, but it's all just a pathetic attempt at attention.

Carry on, peasants .......

Whatever, you totally look forward to what's on ATS tomorrow.

And I personally am not big because of stars and flags, I'm ginormous because of content!

Now go pay your phone bill. Hurry!

No sir, you are a legend amongst the fallen before you and after.

I look forward to my status on angry birds friends more than I do here or on any site I am a member of.

Meeting the love of my life on here did it.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Groot

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You're nothing but a race pimp fuelling the division. You're like the white Al Sharpton with a smaller, dumbed down entourage.

I just posted the same in your other pitiful thread. Don't worry I won't make the mistake of accidentally stepping on your lawn.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: JosephKnecht

You're nothing but a race pimp fuelling the division. You're like the white Al Sharpton with a smaller, dumbed down entourage.

I just posted the same in your other pitiful thread. Don't worry I won't make the mistake of accidentally stepping on your lawn.

Wait you just called out al Sharpton.

What about him are you calling out?

His use of racial commentary to attack other races.

So basically, you are mocking that like my op is.

My you are a disgusting race pimp!

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

But to focus on it, for it to become obsession, 'you dance with the devil the devil doesnt change the devil changes you' is all I see happen anymore with people getting sucked into this tribalism stuff. Focusing on what the tribalism itself is doing is the only way I can tell to break the pattern that our DNA pushes us towards.

All the stuff in OP is old news from before election day, is why I'm worried to stickler you here.

Dont feed the trolls or they win. That one will be here next...

Whoever fights with monsters should see to it that he does not become a monster in the process. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

as long as we take time to step back and breathe, keep stock of things, I think it's all good. I actually completely get what you're saying though..

ahhh, this is why I don't dance. It's like standing still, only faster...

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Well, what I learned at Band Camp was, that little Mary chick can bend ways I didn't think possible (and are probably illegal) when she gets her freak on!

Ooops! I thought this was the "What I learned at Band Camp" thread!

Nvm.

edit on 12/30/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I'm a hermit that can relate with the general sentiment...

But I have to not embrace that either, because if we dont all pull together in this Century we all face extinction as one. We're only just seeing the very tippie point of the spear that this Century promises to be and look how off the Richter is already is...

I am feeling more and more that none of it will matter soon. Don't know why. I just have an overwhelming and deep feeling that.. something. Probably indigestion again, meh..

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Those people are retarded, but lets be serious here. ATS is vastly overwhelmed with people who identify their political beliefs as being right or alt-right. Most people here support Trump, and most here despise SJWs. This thread is hardly needed simply due to the fact that ATS is little more than an echo chamber for the above, with little resistance of opinion or ideology from those who have not yet been pushed out of the fold over the last couple of years.
edit on 30-12-2017 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

stuff

Puhlease... You don't even time travel.

Go home, noob. Come back when you at least have a working IBM 5100...

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Wow, really?? You truly feel that way?

I would say the exact opposite! Just go scan through the Mud-Pit if you need to see any validation of this premise.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Please explain to me what about SJWs makes them noble.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Wow, really?? You truly feel that way?

I would say the exact opposite! Just go scan through the Mud-Pit if you need to see any validation of this premise.

All the top posts there right now take aim at the left or left-affiliated parties. The majority of individuals engaging in those threads and receiving member approval (via stars) are those opposed to the left or left-affiliated parties. The state of the Mud-Pit more or less reflects the state of ATS in general. It is overwhelmed with people on the right, and faces little variety in discourse. Those who actually step up in opposition to the majority opinion face not only some quality content, but also the common ad hominem attacks and circlejerking.

ATS is a shadow of its former self, and the reason why most here can't see that, is because they belong to a community which is now little more than an echo chamber. Sorry to say. It used to be much better - the quality of discourse and variety of opinions, as well as the acceptance of other ideas, was simply of a higher standards over two years ago.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Please explain to me what about SJWs makes them noble.

Nothing. If you think i am defending them or putting them on a pedestal, you have misunderstood my comment. Another reason why ATS has fallen...people now twist words or go after users rather than the argument being presented.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

If you think I am twisting words, then you need to look in a mirror here.

I believe your words were "people despise SJWs" the implications of that are that you don't agree with people who do that indicating you have some sympathy for SJWs. I asked you why. What have they done that is so noble?

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

If you think I am twisting words, then you need to look in a mirror here.

I believe your words were "people despise SJWs" the implications of that are that you don't agree with people who do that indicating you have some sympathy for SJWs. I asked you why. What have they done that is so noble?

If you had read that sentence in the context of my entire statement, you would have came to a different conclusion. I called the target of the OP (which includes left-leaning extremists and SJWs) retarded. The rest of the comment was an observation of ATS' membership and its leanings, as well as the lack of need for this thread due to the fact that its issues are hardly problems here (as again, ATS is little more than an echo chamber). I have no time to play games with you.
edit on 30-12-2017 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

stuff

Puhlease... You don't even time travel.

Go home, noob. Come back when you at least have a working IBM 5100...

Bawahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel
I read your threads this week , but due to people being extremely rude and insulting i could not bring up the courage to respond.

And it sucks , out of all places i used to think ATS was the place where you could have a normal respectful debate.

Boy was i wrong.

Sadly ATS has become more like facebook, buzzfeed, instagram than a 'conspiracy' site. with all the politics, and social commentary on it over recent years. ESPECIALLY over the last 24months with a certain election.
ATS has become mainstream, stars and flags are now more important than the actual quality of the topics.

I came for the UFO's, Ghosts and Big Foots and other weird sciences. Now the vast majority is the kind of stuff you find on twitter and facebook feeds, along with the keyboard warrior attitudes those sites also have.

I used to enjoy reading people with different opinions being able to respectfully disagree with each other.
Now it's just the generic internet cry of 'agree with me, me, ME'

Who knows, maybe I am missing something, and there is some kind of alien/CIA conspiracy being discussed regarding transgendered kids, or maybe Hilary is bigfoot and Donald is a Ghost. Maybe I am just losing something in translation?

Perhaps discussions of 14 year olds taking naked selfies is code for UFO's are coming in 2018!!! Maybe Gay Marriage is a plot by the NWO and the Illuminati?

Maybe CNN really stands for the Cthulu News Network, and fake news is like a blood sacrifice to summon him?

Regardless, certainly is a different site these days than it was many years ago.
*sigh* when things get popular, they always turn to crap. Just seems a sad reality of life where humans are involved.

Oh well this is what scroll wheels and free will are for I guess. To bypass the # of no interest to you on the Internets.

If the clock got rolled back on this site though and many non-conspiracy type forums and topics got removed, I for one would not complain, unlikely it'll ever happen though.

Upside is though, I no longer have to use facebook, twitter, youtube or bookmark various sites. ATS allows me to have all the mindless 'Murica trash I could ever want in one easy to visit place now. Always look for the positives in every situation.

Now excuse me, there's a couple of Buzzfeed lists on the front page I want to go numb my brain with, see no need to go to buzzfeed, like I said... convenient....

edit on 31-12-2017 by AtomicKangaroo because: reasons

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
This has been an awesome couple of days!

I have learned from ATS posters that white people are responsible for the evil in the world; they always have been and always will be.

Its ok to view people with suspicions if they have any russian descent.

Calling out people for calling for calling white genocide is a dick move, and if you get physically attacked for calling out someone calling for white genocide, its your fault.

The rhetoric behind people calling for genocide of white people is defensible, but the rhetoric for people calling for genocide of other races is not.

And of course the oldy but goody all Trump supporters are fascist that must be gone to war with and killed.

MMMMMMMM....

Feel the love from the moral paragons!!

Who knows what calls for violence, death and bigotry next week will bring!

Hate cannot trump love.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join