It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change The facts some people can't wrap their around

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
And remember to stop using aerosol hair sprays to prevent global cooling! That hole in the ozone isn't getting any smaller. Oh wait..

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Asked in the other thread... gonna ask here.

it's a natural cycle that will adjust as it has for billions of years.

Climate change has been around long before humans even existed.

It is normal period. Alarmists blaming a years weather on a 4.5 billion year history of changes.

How do we know this information? Is there a written history somewhere? Or are you all just pulling this outta your a**es

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Climate change has been around long before humans even existed.

That part there is the most factual statement a person could ever make.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

How do you know?

Why is it nobody can answer that?
edit on 29-12-2017 by Eshel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

Historical record, geological records, climate science, common sense, NATURE, etc.

To even doubt it is like the the craziest thing, not that I'm against skepticism, but in that particular statement that's The Gospel of Planet Earth / The Gospel of Nature.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Where do these "records" come from?
Were they written in the past? Was someone there to witness it? Is it all a bunch of baloney?

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Just so you all know it's a lot colder now because it's called WINTERTIME. This has been going on since the Earth began with evidence through written records going back centuries and ice core data going back millenia.
TTTHHHEEEENN it will get warmer this time of year it's called SUMMERTIME. The same evidence of change is the same for wintertime. Some wnters will be colder than others and some summers will be warmer than others. As for sea level rises I have put data on ATS if you would like to look for yourselves that ALL the glaciers melting would not make a dent in the output of the Earth's rivers are putting into the seas on an hourly basis. Now being as the world's oceans have not got any overflow pipes anywhere you just tell me where actually all these Gozillions of gallons of water per day, yes that's per day, are going cos it aint raised the oceans one iota.
As for the South sea islands ,please look at their histories. The South sea island are mainly coral and or sand these are regularly built up and eroded, come and go.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Well, I guess the 'simpletons' started off hearing about global cooling, then global warming and now climate change. So you can hardly point the finger at people laughing at the snake oil salesmen pushing all this nonsense. According to scientists from the 70s Britain should no longer exist due to global cooling. I guess we're on borrowed time.

p.s it's cold here in England and we've just had some scientist tell us we're in for a few years of intensely cold weather. Who should I pay to help out? I'm sure there is a product or solution somewhere I could get hold of to make it warmer.

I read an article the other day that said by about 2030 the U.K. could go through a "mini ice age".

ETA:

news.sky.com...

A mathematical model of the Sun's magnetic activity suggests temperatures could start dropping here from 2021, with the potential for winter skating on the River Thames by 2030.

So could this mean the the suns magnetic activity in the past caused some climate changes.Interesting...
edit on 29-12-2017 by buckwhizzle because: added stuff

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle

Well, I guess the 'simpletons' started off hearing about global cooling, then global warming and now climate change. So you can hardly point the finger at people laughing at the snake oil salesmen pushing all this nonsense. According to scientists from the 70s Britain should no longer exist due to global cooling. I guess we're on borrowed time.

p.s it's cold here in England and we've just had some scientist tell us we're in for a few years of intensely cold weather. Who should I pay to help out? I'm sure there is a product or solution somewhere I could get hold of to make it warmer.

I read an article the other day that said by about 2030 the U.K. could go through a "mini ice age".

ETA:

news.sky.com...

A mathematical model of the Sun's magnetic activity suggests temperatures could start dropping here from 2021, with the potential for winter skating on the River Thames by 2030.

So could this mean the the suns magnetic activity in the past caused some climate changes.Interesting...

Yeah, read that too. Now the global warming ELE propaganda is collapsing it's probably due a shift to global cooling again.

edit on 29/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

Dudes there's warehouses full of samples, data, records, books, scrolls, clay tablets, etc.

The whole the entire earths crust is one gigantic geological record.

Do some GoogleFu maybe.
edit on 29-12-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

ok, so i'm assuming these items just magically appeared. Why can you not say where this stuff comes from?
We are to believe cavemen? Is that what we're basing the history of the climate on?
C'mon ... seriously.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm loving the CO2 increase. Good for plants.

www.esrl.noaa.gov...

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

This isn't really about smoking, It shows all the data in the world won't convince some people!

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

This isn't really about smoking, It shows all the data in the world won't convince some people!

I wish we had all the data in the world regarding climate change, but even the data we do have should be enough to convince anyone that the climate change we are experiencing is nothing out of the ordinary. In fact NASA's own data shows there was zero warming for 15 years between 1998 and 2013. At the start of the 20th century temperatures rose by 0.7 degrees by the end of the second world war (about the same as the recent rise since the mid 70's) and then fell back again by 0.4 degrees over the next 30 years.

The models used by scientists have been revised down and the variances in the estimates are so wide as to be almost useless.

Yet complete liars push the notion of settled science.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Wow, that was passionate and informative.

You are probably correct, but sadly, there's not much that can be done to stop the relentless leftward drift and the ultimate victory of the culture of death. All we can hope for is that the drift is slow enough we will pass on before we are too affected by this.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: afatos

originally posted by: Painterz

originally posted by: Voyaging
a reply to: kurthall

I've lived in So Cal my entire life and this is by far not the hottest winter we've had...

Yes but local variations are meaningless. What we all experience in our day to day lives is meaningless. You have to look at long term statistical trends.

And every single long term statistical trend indicates man-made climate change.*

*Unless you deny the science of climate change in favour of the nonsense made up by big oil schills. As, sadly, many members of ATS and supporters of Trump do.

And as I said in the other thread today. Remember, Trump's golf course in Ireland just got planning permission to build a sea wall, and part of why Trump wanted to build a sea wall was to combat extreme weather and sea level rise due to climate change.

Trump's very own organisation is building sea walls to deal with climate change. Whilst he takes to Twitter and denies climate change exists.

And what do you believe? What a man says, or what a man actually does?

The sea wall around Trump's golf course in Ireland is not related to climate change. It is related to tidal waves.

No. It says in the application for planning permission that it's to help with more energetic tidal systems due to climate change, and rising sea levels.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I wish we had all the data in the world regarding climate change, but even the data we do have should be enough to convince anyone that the climate change we are experiencing is nothing out of the ordinary. In fact NASA's own data shows there was zero warming for 15 years between 1998 and 2013. At the start of the 20th century temperatures rose by 0.7 degrees by the end of the second world war (about the same as the recent rise since the mid 70's) and then fell back again by 0.4 degrees over the next 30 years.

The models used by scientists have been revised down and the variances in the estimates are so wide as to be almost useless.

Yeah, no, all of the climate evidence screams that what we are currently experiencing is totally out of the ordinary.

Please. I have a degree in paleoclimatology and archaeology. The ancient climate data shows changes happening, yes, but they happen gradually, over thousands of years. What we are seeing now is having massively quickly. We're seeing changes happening in decades that according to the climate records, should take many hundreds or thousands of years.

You're getting your information from climate change denier websites and outlets. The complete liars in this scenario are the deniers, not, every single climate scientist in the world, in every nation.

What is more likely to you? Every climate scientist all around the world is part of a giant conspiracy to spread fear for no apparent reason? Or big oil companies are pushing out lots of climate change denial propaganda to try and muddy the picture and convince people that nothing needs to be done, keep protecting their big profits by burning big oil?

Come on. Occam's razor.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Yeah, no, all of the climate evidence screams that what we are currently experiencing is totally out of the ordinary.

Please. I have a degree in paleoclimatology and archaeology. The ancient climate data shows changes happening, yes, but they happen gradually, over thousands of years. What we are seeing now is having massively quickly. We're seeing changes happening in decades that according to the climate records, should take many hundreds or thousands of years.

You're getting your information from climate change denier websites and outlets. The complete liars in this scenario are the deniers, not, every single climate scientist in the world, in every nation.

What is more likely to you? Every climate scientist all around the world is part of a giant conspiracy to spread fear for no apparent reason? Or big oil companies are pushing out lots of climate change denial propaganda to try and muddy the picture and convince people that nothing needs to be done, keep protecting their big profits by burning big oil?

Come on. Occam's razor.

Yeah, no.
I didn't realise NASA's GISS data was a climate sceptic site, or IPCC's own site that shows their various models built on assumptions and huge variances in estimates was a sceptic site.

Moreover, why would a sceptic site be any less valid than a site pushing a theory on incomplete data?

What's likely is that scientists have not settled on a forecast and previous estimates have been proven wrong - in fact, not just likely, it is actually fact.

Here are some questions for you.
Why did the global temperatures fall from the mid 1940's to the mid 70's?
What is different about the temperature rise from 1900 to the mid 1940's to that seen from the mid 70's to today? Why are you sure the temperatures will not fall again?
Why did we see a lull in temperature increases for 15 years from 1998 to 2013, where we see little to no increase?
Please post your data that shows the rate of increase in the distant past (millions of years ago) was slower than today.
Why are temperature and CO2 at one of the lowest levels right now in the history of the earth if man is so devastating?
edit on 29/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Come on. Occam's razor.

Yeah, no.
I didn't realise NASA's GISS data was a climate sceptic site, or IPCC's own site that shows their various models built on assumptions and huge variances in estimates was a sceptic site.

Moreover, why would a sceptic site be any less valid than a site pushing a theory on incomplete data?

What's likely is that scientists have not settled on a forecast and previous estimates have been proven wrong - in fact, not just likely, it is actually fact.

Here are some questions for you.
Why did the global temperatures fall from the mid 1940's to the mid 70's?
What is different about the temperature rise from 1900 to the mid 1940's to that seen from the mid 70's to today? Why are you sure the temperatures will not fall again?
Why did we see a lull in temperature increases for 15 years from 1998 to 2013, where we see little to no increase?
Please post your data that shows the rate of increase in the distant past (millions of years ago) was slower than today.
Why are temperature and CO2 at one of the lowest levels right now in the history of the earth if man is so devastating?

It is unlikely that you will get an accredited and peer reviewed answer to the questions you posed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join