It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change The facts some people can't wrap their around

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
People trying to scam money doesn't make climate change fake. Despite what the huge oil companies may tell you.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

I've lived in So Cal my entire life and this is by far not the hottest winter we've had...

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Climate change has been around long before humans even existed. So, sorry if I don't throw my money at every scammer trying to make a buck selling a 'solution' to a phenomena that pre-exists humanity.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Did anybody forget that Dinosaurs had 5 times the CO2 of today. The Earth wasn't on fire and will not be at this historically low level of CO2.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Voyaging
a reply to: underwerks

Climate change has been around long before humans even existed.

Yes, it has. That doesn't negate the effect humans have on it though.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Voyaging

Or the hottest summer. I remember my childhood about 30 years ago. The summers were so hot, I had to sleep on the hard ground. Good thing I have yet experienced anything like that.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I've lived in So Cal my entire life and this is by far not the hottest winter we've had...

Yes but local variations are meaningless. What we all experience in our day to day lives is meaningless. You have to look at long term statistical trends.

And every single long term statistical trend indicates man-made climate change.*

*Unless you deny the science of climate change in favour of the nonsense made up by big oil schills. As, sadly, many members of ATS and supporters of Trump do.

And as I said in the other thread today. Remember, Trump's golf course in Ireland just got planning permission to build a sea wall, and part of why Trump wanted to build a sea wall was to combat extreme weather and sea level rise due to climate change.

Trump's very own organisation is building sea walls to deal with climate change. Whilst he takes to Twitter and denies climate change exists.

And what do you believe? What a man says, or what a man actually does?

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
People trying to scam money doesn't make climate change fake. Despite what the huge oil companies may tell you.

No, continually failed predictions whilst asking for money makes the whole thing no more than a religion.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: UKTruth

I'm just going to put this here:
Mike Pence, the US vice president-elect, has said he doesn't believe that smoking kills
www.businessinsider.com...

When my mom started smoking they actually used to say it was good for your health. (we are talking a very long time ago) Yes that is a fact, it was even Physician approved. Many people loved smoking and didn't want to believe it caused harm. But people started to die, get cancer. Over time we realized the devastating health effects smoking had on people. We have more evidence, more studies, but still in this day and age some people don't believe it. I've just accepted some people will never believe.

Maybe climate change will not impact any of us, but I think about our grandkids and future generations. I am an optimist, and I think we can do things to make an impactful change.

What, so a person's view on smoking is now supposed to fall in line with new regulations and taxes regarding climate change? I know the arguments have become pretty thin, but this one takes the cake!

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Which island got submerged because of climate change? There is your change.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

No, continually failed predictions whilst asking for money makes the whole thing no more than a religion.

What predictions by climate scientists are you talking about?

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

Yes but local variations are meaningless. What we all experience in our day to day lives is meaningless. You have to look at long term statistical trends.

And every single long term statistical trend indicates man-made climate change.*

*Unless you deny the science of climate change in favour of the nonsense made up by big oil schills. As, sadly, many members of ATS and supporters of Trump do.

And as I said in the other thread today. Remember, Trump's golf course in Ireland just got planning permission to build a sea wall, and part of why Trump wanted to build a sea wall was to combat extreme weather and sea level rise due to climate change.

Trump's very own organisation is building sea walls to deal with climate change. Whilst he takes to Twitter and denies climate change exists.

And what do you believe? What a man says, or what a man actually does?

The sea wall around Trump's golf course in Ireland is not related to climate change. It is related to tidal waves.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: afatos

Some of the Solomon islands have been lost.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Some of the Solomon islands have been lost.

Namely?

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
It is only natural, after researching, to wonder about the money.

Climate Change Financing sounds like a Big Slush Fund for the UN and their cronies among the ministers of various countries and their "sustainable" programs. (I'm reminded of all the corruption that surrounded Kofi Annan when he was UN Secy. Gen.)

Ah, the UN. Let us never forget they pushed their predictions to such ludicrous levels in support of their money grab, they were forced to try and cover up their previously published material

In 2005, the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) warned that imminent sea-level rises, increased hurricanes, and desertification caused by “man-made global warming” would lead to massive population disruptions. In a handy map, the organization highlighted areas that were supposed to be particularly vulnerable in terms of producing “climate refugees.” Especially at risk were regions such as the Caribbean and low-lying Pacific islands, along with coastal areas.

The 2005 UNEP predictions claimed that, by 2010, some 50 million “climate refugees” would be frantically fleeing from those regions of the globe. However, not only did the areas in question fail to produce a single “climate refugee,” by 2010, population levels for those regions were actually still soaring. In many cases, the areas that were supposed to be producing waves of “climate refugees” and becoming uninhabitable turned out to be some of the fastest-growing places on Earth. In the Bahamas, for example, according to the 2010 census, there was a major increase in population, going from around 300,000 in 2000 to more than 350,000 by 2010. The population of St. Lucia, meanwhile, grew by five percent during the same period. The Seychelles grew by about 10 percent. The Solomon Islands also witnessed a major population boom during that time frame, gaining another 100,000 people, or an increase of about 25 percent.

In China, meanwhile, the top six fastest growing cities were all within the areas highlighted by the UN as likely sources of “climate refugees.” Many of the fastest-growing U.S. cities were also within or close to “climate refugee” danger zones touted by the UN Rather than apologizing for its undisputable mistake after being first exposed by reporter Gavin Atkins at Asian Correspondent, the global body responded in typical alarmist fashion: with an Orwellian coverup seeking to erase all evidence of its ridiculous predictions.

First, the UNEP took its “climate refugees” map down from the Web. That failed, of course, because the content was archived online prior to its disappearance down the UN memory hole. Then the UNEP tried and failed to distance itself from the outlandish claims, despite the fact that the map was created by a UNEP cartographer, released by UNEP, and repeatedly hyped by the outfit in its scaremongering campaigns. Eventually, as more and more media around the world began picking up the story, a spokesperson for the UN agency claimed the map was removed because it was “causing confusion.”

edit on 29/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It is normal period. Alarmists blaming a years weather on a 4.5 billion year history of changes. Globalist B.S. at best.
a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

What predictions by climate scientists are you talking about?

How about the 50m climate refugees by 2010?

How about the actual temperature rises they predicted being way off? You know the key information we are supposed to act upon...since 1988 the estimates have been continually revised down after the initial scaremongering. By 2007, the IPCC had released several models ranging from 1.1 degrees to 6.4 degrees by 2100! Which model is the settled science???? Their 2013 effort was not much better - they just added more models. All of the money and models and their best effort now is... erm, it might have an effect in 83 years time, but it might not. In other words, they don't f****** know, yet the braindead climate change pushers keep droning on about settled science.

Have you actually read "An Abrupt Climate Change Scenario and Its Implications for United States National Security" released by the Pentagon in 2003?

How about back in 2000, the Climatic Research Unit's bold claim that the Uk would have no more snow?

Shall we dip into Al Gore's predictions based on the rubbish his scientist friends were feeding him??

We could have an entire thread just on the hapless efforts of these scientists and their spokespeople/puppet masters.

edit on 29/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The greatest threat is not the people who don't agree 100% its man made ,but the people that do and want to try and manipulate it .

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I'm at work can't use my phone at the moment but yes we have lost quite a few islands easy to check..I can't at the mo.
But do continue to deny that we have not lost any.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Just as there are a ton of 'new' land masses.

The earth is constantly moving from underneath you see.

I've been playing every ancient civilization history documentary I can possibly find the past couple few months, and so many of the big famous spots that the sea features against them were what set the story are totally land now you would never think that was the place (i.e. Troy, Thermopylae, etc, etc, etc).
edit on 29-12-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join