It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump sums up Global Warming in one Savage Tweet

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
a reply to: UKTruth

Well, it literally is a trend of global warming, since the globe got warmer. That much is clear at least. And bluechevy said we have no knowledge of how much it's "supposed" to warm. So how do you know it's not unusual? And no, I don't think that graph alone shows a GW trend we should be concerned about, I was just trying to figure out what was meant. It could be mostly coincidental. Honestly, this debate has gone on for so long that I've been ignoring it for years, except for the odd take on this forum.

There is no way of knowing how much the earth is 'supposed' to warm - or cool. I would hazard a guess that there is no fixed future temperature that the earth is supposed to reach before it cools again. The long-term data can be a guide, which when used shows that what we are seeing now is not unusual at all.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler
a reply to: Pilgrum

You live in Antarctica?

Closer than most at 43S and the edge of the 'hole' can extend well north of my latitude with some seasons worse than others. It's why we have a very high rate of melanomas down this way.
edit on 29/12/2017 by Pilgrum because: spelling

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I enjoy treets - treets are very special because they are Trump-tweets, which in and of their own are fairly tame when compared to tweets posted by other humans.

No, I call them treets because they trigger tards....and I have a secret fetish for watching tards explode upon 'words' being read by their brains and interpreted in insane ways.

Every time, the tards scream the loudest. The comments section of that tweet is a priceless big box of treets.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   

That's my point, first you guys say that there is no way to know what temperature the earth should be, but then you say you looked at the data and it shows it is the usual temperature. Doesn't make sense.

I wouldn't be surprised if these current predictions turn out wrong, but I'm not convinced by the climate skeptics either.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pilgrum

You live in Antarctica?

Closer than most at 43S and the edge of the 'hole' can extend well north of my latitude with some seasons worse than others. It's why we have a very high rate of melanomas down this way.

Historically, is there evidence to suggest the hole is a new phenomenon?

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

Demanding peer reviewed papers while using blogs as evidence lol.
Back to the OP I guess Trump got his hands on a computer without supervision.

He's right though, isn't he? It's very very cold after all. I am sure he intended to have a little fun with the people who hate any form of deviation from their doctrine. It worked.

It's interesting that the supposed solutions to global warming are the exact things that the left has been after for decades: punitive taxation, redistribution of wealth, and government control of industry.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

That's my point, first you guys say that there is no way to know what temperature the earth should be, but then you say you looked at the data and it shows it is the usual temperature. Doesn't make sense.

I wouldn't be surprised if these current predictions turn out wrong, but I'm not convinced by the climate skeptics either.

No. There is a difference between 'supposed to be' and looking at historical data to understand what is within the bounds of temperature fluctuations we have seen in the past.
What we are seeing now is not unusual, but saying the temperature now is what it is supposed to be is a far harder case to make, and somewhat spurious. One could make the argument, I suppose, that the temperature is supposed to be exactly what it is.

Moreover, as someone who does not believe man is affecting the global temperature in any significant way that would lead to a threat to the earth or the human race, I do not feel it is my responsibility to prove my point of view. The proof must come from those arguing the other side who want to spend trillions of dollars and severely impact the lives of billions by taxing and regulating. So far, the evidence presented is woefully inadequate and full of holes.

I see a worrying trend in the world where a group of people make a claim, underpin it with shoddy evidence and at times propaganda, then try to force any dissenter to prove they are wrong as they go about making significant changes to the world. We should all insist on holding these people who make such claims to a higher standard of evidence before we let them run on with their schemes. Trump is the one person in power right now that is indeed demanding more evidence before allowing these schemes to continue and I applaud him for it.
edit on 29/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Who knew so many people up so late.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

I did my maritime training in Inceston at the AMC in the early 90s and I always got burnt to a crisp within about 20mins of catching some sun. So far, no other place on the planet that I've visited has the same properties of getting sunburned really quickly like Tassie.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Historically, is there evidence to suggest the hole is a new phenomenon?

Just like the climate change argument, there's insufficient data over too short a time period to be certain either way. Anecdotal evidence suggests that the UV intensity peaks are larger than a century ago but that's about it and the short decades of good data indicate the hole was expanding for part of that period of study.

All very sketchy I know

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: testingtesting

Demanding peer reviewed papers while using blogs as evidence lol.
Back to the OP I guess Trump got his hands on a computer without supervision.

He's right though, isn't he? It's very very cold after all. I am sure he intended to have a little fun with the people who hate any form of deviation from their doctrine. It worked.

It's interesting that the supposed solutions to global warming are the exact things that the left has been after for decades: punitive taxation, redistribution of wealth, and government control of industry.

Indeed - at some point, I suspect there will be 'evidence' that suggests amnesty and open borders will solve global warming!

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

And in the highlands here you can get fried while suffering from wind-chill at the same time!
We've had visitors from the tropics who thought they were immune to sunburn only to end up hospitalised after just one day.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   

BLM already proved global warming is racist. What else do you need for action here, buddeh?

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: NthOther

Or it's getting both hotter and colder everywhere simultaneously, an explanation I wouldn't put past the average twit "climatologist".

I always find it funny when people round here think they're more knowledgeable that people who are experts in their field. The number of scientists who believe in Global Warming outnumber those who don't.

You do realise that big corporations and oil companies etc pay for bad science to help their profits?

Now I'm sure there's probably Green Energy companies do the same but time and again the oil companies have been found to put profits ahead of the planet. A mindset that seems to be shared with global Warming deniers...

Do some research and find that its the other way round.... (the 'scientists')

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

BLM already proved global warming is racist. What else do you need for action here, buddeh?

Ah, I didn't know that. I guess that closes the case and we should start opening up those wallets to end this racism now.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

It happened at your airport the in UK.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
It's weird how climate change denial is such a strongly American thing. Pretty much the entire rest of the world understands and accepts the overwhelming scientific evidence, but, in America, we have this weird movement that continues to deny it. Even when the DoD has itself recognised it as a major strategic challenge.

Are American climate change deniers just the most naturally brilliant and intelligent and gifted people in the world despite none of them having any qualifications in climatology?

Or do they just like the lolz when it makes other people annoyed when they deny the science? And they're basically just trolling?

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Contrary to superstition, the numbers do not lie:

This is a sinusoidal wave, of the form (e^ix +/- e^-ix)/2. It is the simplest solution to the very simple differential equations that typically govern natural processes, and as such is the expected solution to natural feedbacks.

This is the exact same sine wave, actually the exact same picture, zoomed in, expanded in the horizontal, and clipped.

Look familiar?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Show me the evidence.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Contrary to superstition, the numbers do not lie:

Lol.

The world is much older than roughly 150 years. The world has gone thru countless cycle of heating and cooling.
edit on 29-12-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join