It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dandelion and Cancer cell supression

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This one is interesting as this guy had Coleo Rectal Cancer which was quite advanced, he managed to convince his Oncologist to give him a break from Chemo, when he came across some tests done on mice with Dandelion root, since the tests had been carried out independently by three different Universities which came to the same conclusion, he decided to give it a try. In his case his outcome coincided with those of the test mice.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
What a terrible realty/existence/planet. Why would anyone want to even participate?

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Dandilion root probably would work. They contain apigenin and luteonin which do protect us from cancer, actually canceling out the ability of the cancer from protecting itself from the immune system.

Celery is another thing, with other plants in the parsley family being much stronger in these chemistries.
Two chemicals, apigenin and luteolin which are anticancer. www.science20.com...

Also, rutabaga is fairly strong but works a different way than the chemicals. The dandelion root also contains some caffeic acids which may have similar effect to the rutabaga.

There are many ways to attack cancer or do immunotherapies.

One of the newest meds to treat cancer is based off the parsley family chemistry. It is extremely expensive, they figured out how to make a patent-able medicine out of this natural chemistry.

If you eat some of this chemistry in your diet on a regular basis, your chances of getting aggressive cancer will be lower. The parsley family also contains cilantro and oregano and marjoram. No use waiting for a disease to form and needing to get surgery. Parsley flakes go good in parmesian noodles, and oregano goes good in spaghetti. No wonder the old Italians had such a low rate of cancer.

If you get cancer, talk to the doctor but my main point is that why do we need to get cancer if all it takes is adding a few spices. Also, strawberries have anticancer and antiviral properties, so do foods containing lauric acid like coconut oil and so do foods containing proteinases like pineapples which has bromelain in it. Bromelain is even used to keep beer from clouding.
edit on 28-12-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

What three tests carried out by which three universities? Where are the studies on this? Snopes says it's bunk and that they 'were not able to locate any published research indicating dandelion root affirmatively demonstrated an anti-cancer effect in humans.' All of it appears to just be one of those hearsay stories without any actual research or evidence to support it.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: rshackleford

Watch the vid he gives the links.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Dried dandelion root makes a nice tea.
The greens are good in a salad.
I was camping once and made a meal of dandelion greens and a rattlesnake.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

And a shout out for Dandelion's benefits as a liver cleanse as well as a dense little source of calcium!
www.organicfacts.net...

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It seems interesting, as all these cancer cures do, so I wanted to see what more was being done with this dandelion stuff but there doesn't appear to be a whole lot out there. The research paper that the guy talks about in the video was submitted to that site in 2015 and apparently published, to the site anyway, in 2016. It mentions that due to that research the dandelion treatment was accepted for phase 1 trials. I noticed though in the Dandelion Root Project site from university of Windsor that it mentions being accepted for those phase 1 trials in 2012. So while the video is fairly new it seems the research paper is quite a bit older, from 2015 or possibly back to 2012 or further. There is some mention of investments into the research from 2014 and approval for human trials in 2015 but it's hard to tell if they're all actually referencing the same trials.

I noticed on the Dandelion Root Project facebook that their last post about an 'exciting update coming soon.' was back in 2016. I also looked through the comments on that post and saw the project had actually replied back. One person asks about what 'soon' meant and the project response actually said 'they hoped days' as opposed to years or anything like that. No further announcements were made though. One person also asked about about the human trials being finished and the response was that they were not. It's rather unfortunate, as some miracle cure for cancer would be great, but I can't seem to find any more recent information than this. It doesn't mean the research is dead or anything because of course medical research like this can take some time. Hopefully that exciting update will indeed come.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Here's some additional information on edibility from our All Things Survival Radio show thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's no surprise that dandelion has anti-cancer properties, it's Latin name Taraxacum Officinale in Old English means "Official Heal All". It was used in Spring tonics to flush the organs of toxins accumulated over the winter of eating a high-fat and meat diet. Very high in vitamin A and minerals such as phosphorous and Iron.

Very good video further down in the thread from Green Dean worth watching.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Dandelion root is one of the big things you take in the arsenal of things you can, to defeat cancer. Along with juicing whole apples. Medical Cannabis. And, the baking soda molasses cure. Well MSM and C, with molasses or honey. I read some recent things about anti oxidants and things that strengthen your immune and C can strengthen the cancer tumors and cells, it protects and strengthens all things in your body, though amounts and individuals do vary.

MSM weakens and makes porous the cells in the body. So if you cut out carbs and lower blood sugar, and then combine the sweet cancer loves, with an agent to weaken its outer shell, and an agent to demolish it once it gets inside, you can also start to get the upper hand.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Careful Dandelion will be put on the classified drugs list soon. Or else it will commit suicide with a double shot to the back of the head.

Thank you nice thread. I enjoy threads about plants. I think they are amazing healers.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Finally a thread worthy of contribution and comment!

I've taken dandelion as a supplement and in tea form for years for water retention because of one ill-functioning kidney. But I had no idea it was so well known for such a wide range of properties. I've decided to drink a cup a day for the rest of the winter! Thanks to RickyMouse for the chemical composition run down -- very impressive.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

The research does seem to have come up against some trouble already based on what I looked at. No gunshot suicides or anything like that but the guy says he hadn't been able to get any kind of major funding for the research from any kind of big research/funding group. He has been relying on some small charitable organizations and personal donations. I believe one of the articles I read mentioned them getting something along the lines of 130,000 dollars and maybe 80 grand or so was from a single entrepreneur who had an interest. Doesn't seem like a lot for something that could be as huge as a cancer cure, but it also feels like something that is pretty common. Probably isn't easy to get the funding.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
For over 100 years, macrobiotic writers in Japan and around the world have recommended dandelion and dandelion root as having medicinal properties. Just be careful about the source where it is collected. For example, organic dandelion from your yard is safe to collect if it grows at least 50 feet away from any roadway. In addition, be aware that the "dandelion leaves" sold in upscale natural food stores are actually hybrid plants ... dandelion crossed with a plant in the chicory family.

Also, of course, avoid imported dandelion or other food plants (including tea) grown in countries that got heavy fallout from any nuclear disaster. For example, the Chernobyl disaster got started just over 30 years ago ... but its cesium 137 fallout has a half-life of 30 years ... so 90% of that dispersed Cs-137 is still radioactive.

Following the onset of the Fukushima nuclear disaster, some macrobiotic companies are still continuing to test their Japan import products for ionizing radiation.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: rshackleford

What three tests carried out by which three universities? Where are the studies on this? Snopes says it's bunk and that they 'were not able to locate any published research indicating dandelion root affirmatively demonstrated an anti-cancer effect in humans.' All of it appears to just be one of those hearsay stories without any actual research or evidence to support it.

Snopes™ said? Who snoped Snopes™ ? In Oct. 2003, I was given 18-22 months to 'live' and a handful of rx poisons. Now I plan to piss on those doctors' graves...

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I'm certainly happy to hear that you beat it. I like to think, I hope anyway, that most doctors are doing what they really feel to be best and want to help. The reason that Snopes says that it is mostly false is because there appears to have a been an increase in the dandelion story for a little while where people were taking this research that had been done by Dr. Pandey and really run with it even though it was still in the very early stages. They weren't saying it doesn't work at all just that the claim it has been proven in multiple published bits of research wasn't exactly true. If you look at my later post you'll see that this still seems to be the case and that the research doesn't seem to have progressed much beyond that initial paper published by Dr. Pandey and his team.

It is entirely possibly that it has already worked to cure any number of people. I just feel like if everything that anyone claimed to cure cancer really worked then nobody would have cancer. I have heard all sorts of different vegetables, fruits, dandelion, and coffee and other things claimed to be a super cure. Maybe they are if it's done right, I don't know. I just feel like these claims surface all the time and never go anywhere. At least this one wasn't some random guy on youtube but the research is actually being done by a real professor at a real university even if he is being hampered by lack of funding. I still hope for the best.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Another thing I found out about Dandelion was that it dissolves Uric acid crystals, where if you take the Gout relief pills proscribed by the Doc, apparently you are stuck on them permanently.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: rshackleford

I have zero doubt, hundreds if not thousands of folks are given a diagnosis and don't get the 2nd and 3rd opinion(s) and end up spirits. You might also look into Turmeric.

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
My Mom's cancer DR told her to take vitamin c - 4000 mg per day or more if she could handle it. And to starve the cancer by cutting sugar out as completely as she could.

She HAD lung cancer. She is now Cancer FREE and freaks out whenever her vita c bottle gets low.

We contribute her being cancer free & handling the Chemo & Radiation very well to the holistic approach her Dr. used with her.

As an aside: This Dr. is no longer with the cancer center she was going to. He said that they forced him into retirement. One would wonder why since he had such a high success rate. OH WAIT! I just answered my own question

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Not so funny when you think about how hard RoundUP is pushed, for killing "weeds" in your yard is it? RoundUP kills dandelions, that may cure cancer. And what does an ingredient in RoundUP give you?

Stupid world we live in sometimes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join