It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bono reveals he had near-death experience, says music 'has gotten very girly

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Bono reveals near death experience

HAHA Yea gettem' Bono! Im not even really into U2 but I respect their sales, and I think this is great. This man lived in an era that was definitely harder than now! Stop whining! FKn Marsh Mellows! And apparently he actually died and came back to life! How much harder do you have to be to actually be able to talk some # around here. Music is def softer these days FYI. Turn on a radio and let me know.
edit on 28-12-2017 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
No offence op but the drivel on this site is just relentless these days..

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

Career low?

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

music 'has gotten very girly
Since when were U2 'manly'?

This man lived in an era that was definitely harder than now!
This is satire, right? Never mind the guy is a multi-millionaire who cons people out of money with his 'charity'.
edit on 28/12/2017 by Planet teleX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Bono is %&^%$#% but...he's right. Okay so he chose an unfortunate term to describe the phenomenon, I mean in the year of #metoo and women's empowerment, etc. But I'm pretty sure anyone over the age of 40 knows exactly what he means. Seems to me only the millennial crowd is whining?

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

This is funny....I used to talk the same crap about him back "in my day".

Usually,the ones who loved his music were always the people I tried to avoid for being panzies.

As the world turns.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Planet teleX

No kidding, right? That’s exactly what I was thinking. Other than that, I don’t know much about popular rock bands since 2010.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Planet teleX

This man lived in an era that was definitely harder than now!
This is satire, right? Never mind the guy is a multi-millionaire who cons people out of money with his 'charity'.

Mayhem.
Now that's manly.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Bono is a self-righteous scumbag who wears multi-thousand dollar sun glasses while taking photo ops with starving kids to show "how much he cares"

His "One" foundation also got in trouble for keeping over 98% of donations.. f this dude www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Bono... calling the music of today girly?

Does he seriously not realize how hypocritical that is?

Try listening to one of u2s albums, it’s not exactly “hard” or “manly music” for the most part. A lot of virtue signaling, soap box standing, cheesy love ballads all built on the same musical template.

Someone send this man an Immortal Techique album and ask him if he thinks it’s girly.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Boner and 'The Edge of Pussy Cliff.'
Their stuff just...sucks.
That's just like...my opinion man.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Girly (soft) = Bad
Manly (hard) = Good

Therefore:

Tchaikovsky = Bad
Rob Zombie = Good

You know, in case anyone was wondering about their manly manhood-ness and stuff....

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Wow man, I bet you didn't expect some of these replies! Near-death experiences are exactly what ATS has always been about. It's one of those subjects ATSers have traditionally been interested in.

It's a pity Bono barely mentions it in the link and offers no details at all.

His 'girly' comments show he's fallen for the generation gap thing like everyone does eventually. "Kids of today don't know what real music is! Oh it was so much better in my day!! We had proper music then!"

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Oh for Christ's sake, Duran Duran is manlier than U2.

Go home, Bono. And you're not even drunk.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Bono is a self-righteous scumbag who wears multi-thousand dollar sun glasses while taking photo ops with starving kids to show "how much he cares"

His "One" foundation also got in trouble for keeping over 98% of donations.. f this dude www.dailymail.co.uk...

He literally is the poster boy for the statement in my signature.... How is possible to have both an obesity epidemic and a starvation epidemic both at the same time.......

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Girly (soft) = Bad
Manly (hard) = Good

Therefore:

Tchaikovsky = Bad
Rob Zombie = Good

You know, in case anyone was wondering about their manly manhood-ness and stuff....

So if I considered myself a manly man and I listen to Mozart everynow and again... I'm I not a man_ly man....

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

lmao!

Pot meet kettle.

Just listen to U2 lyrics the king of whinners.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

Bono... calling the music of today girly?

Does he seriously not realize how hypocritical that is?

Try listening to one of u2s albums, it’s not exactly “hard” or “manly music” for the most part. A lot of virtue signaling, soap box standing, cheesy love ballads all built on the same musical template.

Someone send this man an Immortal Techique album and ask him if he thinks it’s girly.

Lol

www.breitbart.com...

U2 frontman Bono has been selected as the first-ever man to make Glamour magazine’s prestigious “Women of the Year” list.

edit on 29/12/2017 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The NDE often leads to a profound change in character. It doesn't seem to have changed him from being a pompous, sanctimonious wanker that pisses on and on about governments not doing what he considers they should do, but has non-dom status to avoid paying the tax he should pay.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I understand what he's saying - go listen to Justin Bieber.

As far as his music, listen to their first few albums like Joshua Tree; much better than his recent stuff.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join