It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

police shot my friend in a peaceful town

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

We don't want our cops thinking and acting like North Korean soldiers.

These cops are "peace officers", not supposed to be "commie executioners."

These people in their ivory towers would rather have people who do something they disagree with shot.

Kinda reminds me of, Saudi Arabia or Afghanistan. Oh you're a Christian or a woman who wants to drive? Sorry but in our culture we like to kill people who do something we disagree with and celebrate it.

Very small minded and shows you the level of critical thinking/ intelligence you are dealing with.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Kinda reminds me of, Saudi Arabia or Afghanistan. Oh you're a Christian or a woman who wants to drive? Sorry but in our culture we like to kill people who do something we disagree with and celebrate it.

If by “Christian”, “woman” and “wants to drive” you mean “drug dealing, career criminal who ran from the cops while having a knife on him”, then yeah, exactly the same.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

ooohhh, so he was one of the non violent convicted felon, drug dealer, fugitives from justice?

then it`s inexcusable for the police to confuse him with the violent convicted felon,drug dealer,fugitives from justice, ecspecially after he showed them his card saying he was a non violent convicted felon, drug dealer, fugitive from justice.

of course I`m being sarcastic, the point is the police only knew that he was a convicted felon,drug dealer fugitive from justice and it only takes one dead person to make a non violent convicted felon,drug dealer fugitive from justice into a violent convicted felon,drug dealer,fugitive from justice and I guess that particular law enforcement officer didn`t want to be that one dead person.

personally I think this is a feel good story, no innocent law abiding people were harmed and a convicted felon, drug dealer fugitive from justice won`t be re-offending.
the officer had a split second to make a decision to shoot or not shoot to defend his life, the convicted felon, drug dealer ,fugitive from justice had 26 years to make a decision to either be a law abiding good citizen or become a convicted felon, drug dealer, fugitive from justice. 26 years is more than enough time to make decisions that will save your life,the officer only had a split second to make the decision to save or lose his life.

just because the dead criminal didn`t care about his life doesn`t mean we should expect the officer to not care about his own life.

it seems to me that the dead drug dealer and his "friends" want a do over since the dead convicted felon, drug dealer, fugitive from justice, didn`t get away this time.
sorry, no do overs in real life , real life isn`t a video game,when you die you`re dead you can`t just whine and cry and have a temper tantrum until mommy lets you reset the game and try again until you win.

edit on 28-12-2017 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree

I haven't seen any details indicating the police where advanced on or in danger..sounds like they shot him in the back..I dunno, if that's true thats bullsh#t.
I still think his lifestyle led to his demise.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

that`s right you haven`t because they haven`t released the report of the investigation yet they are still investigating, all you have heard is the story from the drug dealers friends.

all we know so far is that the dude was a convicted felon, a drug dealer and a fugitive from justice, who was trying to flee from the police again in the dark.

the police have no legal obligation to wait until a convicted felon, drug dealer, fugitive from justice fires on them first before they fire.

it was dark ( it`s dark at 6:30 pm in new Hampshire in December) and we weren`t there in the potential line of fire of the fugitive drug dealer so we have no right to play Monday morning quarterback because our lives weren`t in potential danger.

like I said I`ll believe the report of the investigation done by the police before I`ll believe the drug dealers girlfriend or the drug dealers friends or the liberal media or the liberal social justice warriors who weren`t there.

if the officer felt that his life was in danger then he had every right to shoot, after the investigation is complete and a report is released I`m not going to nit pick it and play Monday morning quarterback to determine IF the officers life really was in danger, because I wasn`t there chasing the convicted felon, drug dealer fugitive from justice, in the dark.
better a dead drug dealer than a dead law enforcement officer. drug dealers are a dime a dozen, it`s hard to get good law enforcement officers.

seriously, he was a drug dealer how did he think his life was going to end? did he think he was going to live to be an old man living in the lap of luxury from all his ill gotten gains dealing drugs?? he chose a life of crime there were only 2 ways his criminal activity was going to end,dead or in prison for life.

I know one thing for sure if the drug dealer got away this time ,the next time he WOULD be packing an illegal firearm and would be shooting at the police chasing him next time.

I shed no tears for dead criminals and if that makes me a horrible human being then so be it, I`m prepared to answer for that when I die.

edit on 29-12-2017 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

Sorry--my time in the legal field tells me that the missing details and facts are the ones that will create probability (which is a different, but related, concept to "probable"). As with any one-sided story (a police report or small-town rumors), the facts are only as good as the evidence that backs them up.

But, sure, if we want to just go off of average statistics alone, the probability is that the cop was justified in his actions, but there's not enough known to anyone on this thread right now to judge probability in this individual, particular case. In the same breath, sure, you can say that the shooting being justified is probable, because that's the norm, but there are enough missing details to make me need more before making that decision on my own behalf.

We'll agree to disagree...we don't "know facts" at this point because we don't even have a police report to back up any claims yet, nor the results of the investigation into the incident. Right now, what we have is biased rumors and "official" hearsay.

Like I tend to say in all of these threads, I have a higher bar for what is a "fact" than your average person in the Court of Public Opinion. Just understand that I assume that the officer will be determined to be justified in the use of deadly force, but there's no way to know that, yet, unless we want to rely on past criminal history alone of the deceased as a basis for "probably."

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluechevytree

ooohhh, so he was one of the non violent convicted felon, drug dealer, fugitives from justice?

Who is judging?

Police make arrests, the Judge and the Courts decide guilt, and the Judge measures out appropriate punishment.

That's how our system works.

If you're happy with the cops carrying out the judgments and the punishments without the courts authority, then may you experience the same one day, when they mistake you for a dangerous criminal.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

If you're happy with the cops carrying out the judgments and the punishments without the courts authority, then may you experience the same one day, when they mistake you for a dangerous criminal.

"If you don't agree with me then I hope you die."

Cute.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SatansPride

we dont riot round here that doesnt do any good

No rioters just heroin dealers.......sounds like heaven!

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
This has got to be one of the more entertaining threads lately. OP's pissy that his smack dealer -- sorry, friend, died because he went full retard and won the Darwin Award for it.

Hah, score one for Darwinism. Gotta love it. It's the easiest way of letting humans naturally thin ourselves out.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

honestly this is a deeper insight into the type of person you are

people have problems some of them get caught up in the wrong lifestyle these people deserve compassion as well, this is the kind of society I want to live in. I do not want to live in a vengeful society of sycophants who think that people who do or sell heroin deserve to die and you are cracking jokes about it over the internet.

Get a grip on yourself.

Sorry man, but it's a whole lot harder to excuse the dealer than the user. At least with the user, naiveté is a prime culprit in trying highly addictive things. Dealers manipulate that naiveté from start to finish, regardless of whether or not that finish is rehab, or death.

Dealers are absolutely reprehensible & undeserving of sympathy, being something evil & malicious straight from the pits of Hell, IMO. "Subhuman" is too high of a rung of the "life" ladder.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

"If you don't agree with me then I hope you die."

Cute.

It may have been more of a "shoot first ask questions later" statement, you know it's possible you may get shot in cold blood, it's not like it doesn't happen. No need to make that statement personal...

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I would only say that often, a dealer is a user trying to support their habit, rather than breaking into your's or my house..don't get me wrong, I'm not excusing it but it's often true.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Nyiah

I would only say that often, a dealer is a user trying to support their habit, rather than breaking into your's or my house..don't get me wrong, I'm not excusing it but it's often true.

Absolutely, only a small percentage of dealers are not users and in it purely to make money. You only know that from living it, when relying on media for your worldview it gets sketchy.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Sorry for your loss.
Running from cops in Britain is standard practice if you don't want to get nicked. Being shot is the last thing on your mind while doing a runner.
The comments I've read in this thread make me think north Korea. So so glad I don't live in Murica.

Your friend would still be alive if it had happened in the UK, maybe a bit roughed up after he'd been caught but alive and well. I genuinely feel for you, mad so many on ATS seem to think death penalty is acceptable for running away as a low level heroin dealer. The streets would be awash with dead dealers if UK cops had the same tactic.
edit on 30-12-2017 by CornishCeltGuy because: added final paragraph

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: SatansPride
a reply to: chris_stibrany

the town & statey are totally lying about what happened, a lot of people drove by when this was goin on. he made a lot of bad choices lol, just they are trigger happy & i cant run from a cop now without thinkin imma get shot. its america not north korea

Erm, yeah.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

We can run without fear of of being shot in the UK though, would you prefer it the Murica way?
I wouldn't.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Sorry for your loss.
Running from cops in Britain is standard practice if you don't want to get nicked. Being shot is the last thing on your mind while doing a runner.
The comments I've read in this thread make me think north Korea. So so glad I don't live in Murica.

Our police don't have guns, so yeah it's pretty fair to say the last thing on your mind when running from a policeman is getting shot.
The UK is not like the US and never has been. Common sense would tell you NOT to run from a cop in the USA and if you run expecting not to be shot then that is on you, especially if you already have a criminal record.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

We can run without fear of of being shot in the UK though, would you prefer it the Murica way?
I wouldn't.

Yes, I would like criminals to be shot dead if they try to run, but I also accept that the culture in the UK would make it unworkable, as we're not at all like the US. If I were in the 'States on business or holiday, though, I would not dream of running and would fully expect to be shot if I tried.

edit on 30/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Sorry for your loss.

Our police don't have guns, so yeah it's pretty fair to say the last thing on your mind when running from a policeman is getting shot.
The UK is not like the US and never has been. Common sense would tell you NOT to run from a cop in the USA and if you run expecting not to be shot then that is on you, especially if you already have a criminal record.

Agreed, but isn't that the real tragedy how it is accepted as normal in the US that running from cops deserves the death penalty with a bullet in the back?
Doing a runner is standard UK practice, it's why our cops are generally not fat donut eating bastards. They need to keep fit for the chase.

Easy to shoot someone in the back, not so easy to chase them down and taser them or bash them with a stick.
I prefer the way British cops roll and I imagine you do as well? Unless you defend shooting someone in the back when they are not causing immediate risk to life of another person.
edit on 30-12-2017 by CornishCeltGuy because: added final paragraph

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join