It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNBC Director Accused Of Spying On Teen Nanny

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler

originally posted by: rhynouk
Seeing her as an eighteen year old is fine. (Even though it is creepy) Seeing her under eighteen however is just wrong.

WTF is wrong with you? IT IS NOT OK to put cameras into your bathroom to film women without their knowledge, regardless of their age.

I just came back to edit it after thinking about what I wrote. It did sound a little wrong. No need to flip your lid though. I just worded it wrong. He shouldn't be filming anyone I agree.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
So it's illegal to put a camera in my own bathroom?

Are you suppose to put a sign up that says "all guests take notice - you are being filmed!" ?

This is actually a really confusing situation. How do they know he was doing this for whatever reasons? It seems very ambiguous. It could also be a set up to frame him, because anyone could have put the camera there.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

What would you wanna put a camera into your bathroom for in the first place? And yes it would be illegal in the jurisdiction I live in to even capture your own spouse on camera in your own home without their consent.
edit on 28-12-2017 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
Some would say that this adds weight to the argument that women do not wait ten to thirty years to make genuine complaints about misconduct.

And some would say it wouldn’t, due to any number of factors.

Those being the ones that waited the ten to thirty years and then went to the media with the allegations.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: CulturalResilience

It might, if ones understanding of human psychology was limited at best, and ones understanding of changing cultural and societal norms was also minimal.

But thankfully, we are in a more enlightened age, where we understand that things as they are now, are different than they were twenty, twenty five, thirty and so on, years ago, with respect to the chances that a persons testimony will be believed and acted upon now, whereas decades ago there was nearly no chance of any action being taken against a suspect, unless someone not only witnessed the crime take place, but also had a mind to go public with their support for the victims recollection of events.

We also live in a more enlightened age with respect to the fact that no two human beings have had the precise same experience, and no two human beings have the precise same neurophysiology, which together mean that no two people, unless they are trained alike to do so, react the exact same way to psychological trauma of ANY kind, leave alone trauma inflicted as a result of sexual assault, stalking, or being spied upon by some other means, whether in a compromising situation (such as in the bathroom) or not.

We understand these things instrinsically these days, or at least, people of character and learning do. Theres an awful lot of change that has occurred in the last thirty years, changes which make the topic of improprietous conduct on the part of individuals, a damned sight more readily talked about and considered these days, than they ever have been before, which is demonstrably a positive thing.

Enlightened as in there being no tangible difference in severity and consequence between allegations and convictions.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Maybe his defense is going to be he didn't put a camera in there.

Maybe the au pair and her friends are trying to blackmail him. Maybe she heard he was going to fire her and wanted to get him first.

Maybe his kids are pervy boys that were in love with their au pair and put the camera in there. I have no idea how old the kids are.

Granted, my money says he's guilty. But he has NOT been found guilty of doing anything. He's in the U.S.A. he's supposed to be innocent until proven guilty.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
How is putting a camera in ones own home a violation of privacy?

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
originally posted by: intrptr

Maybe he suspected she was using drugs and was spying on her to catch her.

There is absolutely no justification whatsoever for installing spy cams in bathrooms. There are far better ways to discern drug use etc. if that's really the intent.

How about being honest/straightforward, make the minor submit to an over the counter drug test. Easy-peasy and no one looks like a perv.

My mom-in-law's method was the best. She suspected her teen daughter was smoking ciggs in the bathroom and asked why she was going to the bathroom so much. My sis-in-law said she just had to poop a lot.

My mom-in-law made her an appointment for a colonoscopy. LOL my sis-in-law had to go or admit to smoking. She had the test, said her mom would kill her for smoking. She didn't stop, just never did it in the bathroom again. Oh and no colon cancer so there's that.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
How is putting a camera in ones own home a violation of privacy?

www.quora.com...

TLDR;

Broadly and generally speakng: no, it isn’t legal.

Long Answer;

Most jurisdicitions in western democracies include a “reasonable expectation of privacy”. This means that you are allowed to expect privacy in places where it’s reasonable, like your own home.

There are some variations however. For instance, in some jurisdictions it’s only illegal if the recording equipment is hidden, in others it’s legal to record someone as long as they don’t ask you not to. It may also make a difference if the person doing the recording also lives in your home and whether or not you’re the intended target of the recordng.

I have no way of knowing where you’re located, or the specifics of your situation, so I really can’t say what might apply in your case.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...she was still his child.

You bother to read the source before commenting? She's his employee, not his child.

Oh, that was clear as mud...

Dan Switzen hid a spy camera in a tissue box in the bathroom of his Westchester, N.Y. home in order to spy on his teenage au pair.

(Emphasis added) Thanks for the clarification.

Dan Switzen hid a spy camera in a tissue box in the bathroom of his Westchester, N.Y. home in order to spy on his teenage au pair.

WTF is wrong with you? So you think it's ok for him to spy on a teenager (emphasis yours) then instead of admitting you misunderstood (God I hope you misunderstood) you run?
edit on 12/28/2017 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Some would say that this adds weight to the argument that women do not wait ten to thirty years to make genuine complaints about misconduct.

Those being the ones that waited the ten to thirty years and then went to the media with the allegations.

You’re entitled to be as wrong as you’d like, assuming allegations are false with such broad strokes. Life is complex, not simple, maybe one day you’ll understand that.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

You’re entitled to be as wrong as you’d like, assuming allegations are false with such broad strokes. Life is complex, not simple, maybe one day you’ll understand that.

Are you saying his accusers did not wait decades before breaking their story? And then going to media outlets versus the Justice Department?
edit on 28-12-2017 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
anyone see larry david's monologue on SNL about all these people in the media doing this?

LMFAO. and the dice keep on rolling.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

One day when you have been around as much as have, you'll understand that you are not as clever as you think you are, and you will be altogether less sanctimonious.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
This is just an odd story.

Why would someone place a camera in an obvious place it will be seen somehow. With the hopes of spotting her in a bathroom? A Tissue box, presumably if she lives there, is going to be used, a lot. Was this not in his mind?

If images were on the device, how many? Would the guy not of thought that after a while he should move it? At the very least, remove the images already recorded?

It just seems really odd.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler

Are you saying his accusers did not wait decades before breaking their story? And then going to media outlets versus the Justice Department?
are you saying that automatically makes those accusations false?

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

One day when you have been around as much as have, you'll understand that you are not as clever as you think you are, and you will be altogether less sanctimonious.

Not likely.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Not likely.

Then we will all just hope that you have not reached, and never do reach a position of power and influence.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Not likely.

Then we will all just hope that you have not reached, and never do reach a position of power and influence.

The more you talk the more convinced I am that that’s exactly what I need to do.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Not likely.

The more you talk the more convinced I am that that’s exactly what I need to do.

For all our sakes I implore you not to.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join