It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists predict 'mini ice age' could hit UK by 2030

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

"I hope global warning will be overridden by this effect, giving humankind and the Earth 30 years to sort out our pollution," she said. But Professor Zharkova warned that any downward impact on global warming will last only until the Sun's two magnetic waves become active again in the 2050s. "We have to be sorted by that time and prepare everything on Earth for the next big solar activity," she said.

So, they are buying themselves another 30 years to push their agenda by preparing things with a premade excuse.

Reminds me of how we went from being taught in the 70's that by now all the trees north of the Canadian border would be dead and an ice age upon us.

I suppose they can't say, we don't really know and all we can do is make an educated guess. If they do the money for research dries up and there are not many career paths for climate researchers out of a job.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

It's gonna hit hard when it does. I can't wait.

A “Mini Ice Age” Is Coming Soon Says Math Professor’s Solar Cycle Model That’s 97% Accurate

www.collective-evolution.com...

A few months ago, NASA published a study showing that Antarctica is actually gaining more ice than it is losing. They made the announcement after using satellites to examine the heights of the region’s ice sheet. The findings contradict the prevailing theory that Antarctica has actually been shrinking, however. The paper is titled “Mass gains of the Antarctic ice sheet exceed losses” and was published in the Journal of Glaciology.

The authors of this study are from NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center, and the cause of this ice gain isn’t entirely known, but a number of theories are mentioned in the paper. It is worth mentioning, however that NASA was blasted by dozens of their own scientists regarding their global warming stance, even though a number of the world’s top scientists have questioned just how much an impact greenhouse gases have on climate change.

edit on 27-12-2017 by Guardian10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
So Odin may have to be called to fight the Frost Giant again.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
My water pipes on one end of the house froze up this morning. That has not happened in a while, and I am glad I took the day off or.... boom.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

My prediction is it is going to hot. Continued hot, following by more hot:

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
That's some serious "stuff" brought to us by the loons of the UN you got there.
Isnt this the one that got ridiculed and proven the numbers were falsely adjusted up years ago ?
I guess folks got to believe what they want to believe....

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
But maybe this long term forecast (from a math professor, not a solar physicist, in a paper from 2014) about solar activity is correct, and maybe it will slow warming down. Or not.

CORRECTION: An earlier version of this article inaccurately stated that scientists have predicted bitterly cold winters in the 2030s, "similar to freezing conditions of the late 17th century". In fact, the research focused solely on solar activity, and did not made any prediction about its possible future climate effects. We are happy to make this clear.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
Reminds me of the longer term forecast that we would likely experience a full-blown ice age in 20,000 years, except that man's interference in the climate may preclude that cycle from repeating:

Patterns and Perspectives in Environmental Science, page 55

Judging from the record of the past interglacial ages, the present time of high temperatures should be drawing to an end, to be followed by a long period of considerably colder temperatures leading into the next glacial age some 20,000 years from now. However, it is possible, or even likely, that human interference has already altered the environment so much that the climatic pattern of the near future will follow a different path.

I have to wonder if averting the coming ice age is all bad, maybe it has a silver lining. There's an MIT article saying the extra CO2 won't stop the next ice age in 20,000 years or whatever, but I would think it should reduce the possibility of the Thames freezing in 2030.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Whether or not an ice age happens...I don't know.
Nothing will stop the runaway train fuelled by taxation and regulation though...Too many people relying on it for their riches.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: dfnj2015
That's some serious "stuff" brought to us by the loons of the UN you got there.
Isnt this the one that got ridiculed and proven the numbers were falsely adjusted up years ago ?
I guess folks got to believe what they want to believe....

Can you not read that there are several different organizations there on that chart?

Also, the 'loons of the UN' aren't one of them.

What 'falsely adjusted' do you refer to or are you just spouting propaganda from your favored news source?

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

originally posted by: Phage
But maybe this long term forecast (from a math professor, not a solar physicist, in a paper from 2014) about solar activity is correct, and maybe it will slow warming down. Or not.

CORRECTION: An earlier version of this article inaccurately stated that scientists have predicted bitterly cold winters in the 2030s, "similar to freezing conditions of the late 17th century". In fact, the research focused solely on solar activity, and did not made any prediction about its possible future climate effects. We are happy to make this clear.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
Reminds me of the longer term forecast that we would likely experience a full-blown ice age in 20,000 years, except that man's interference in the climate may preclude that cycle from repeating:

Patterns and Perspectives in Environmental Science, page 55

Judging from the record of the past interglacial ages, the present time of high temperatures should be drawing to an end, to be followed by a long period of considerably colder temperatures leading into the next glacial age some 20,000 years from now. However, it is possible, or even likely, that human interference has already altered the environment so much that the climatic pattern of the near future will follow a different path.

I have to wonder if averting the coming ice age is all bad, maybe it has a silver lining. There's an MIT article saying the extra CO2 won't stop the next ice age in 20,000 years or whatever, but I would think it should reduce the possibility of the Thames freezing in 2030.

Yes, some amount of anthropogenic global warming was probably a good idea, but much less than the current amount and pace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join