It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube advertisement changes? Or have I been lucky.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I have noticed in the past few days, something different about youtube advertising. I get that it's always had monetisation going on, and adverts have always irked me there because of it, but it seems something different is afoot - perhaps a whole leg. Or perhaps something I'd managed to not notice, which is possible, but given the amount of youtube I somehow manage to ingest, I cannot see how.

It seems that now, mid way or closer to the end, the youtube author will suddenly break out into almost song and dance spruiking some service or company that has sponsored them.

Sure, I get it. But it's never been one video after the other, with no distinguishable change in things. Just suddenly random people are now being their own advertisements for youtube.

IS it new? Have I just somehow managed to miss this creeping death? It's noticeable to me because I can't put an adblock rule in to make the youtube host shut the front door.. It seems new to me.

So many subtle changes seeming appearing without notice causing what appears to be an overreaching embrace comforting us that everything is ok, shhh.. go back a sleep..

... It's Christmas, I'm sober. You should all be drunk, this is revenge !!

(ps I notice ww3 didn't kick off then, throws rotten fruit at lil kim - waves from the future down here in Australia)

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

YouTube used to pay youtubers add revenue and send the content providers a gold plaque. Till Pepsi, Coke, Christian Singles, Babies Got Back Rib co. Etc etc started complaining of the un family like videos their adds were going to.

It seems that now, mid way or closer to the end, the youtube author will suddenly break out into almost song and dance spruiking some service or company that has sponsored them. 

Yes some of the BIG YT'rs have sponsors such as Phillip De Franco, RoosterTeeth, Boogie....
You get the point. They've always had them, except now that the YT has changed it's policy over the last 6 month on due to complaints about swearing and suggestive topics. Advertisers were pulling out.
So content creators needed sponsors really bad and are getting sponsors on their own. Like Natures Basket nuts or Audio Books.... Big Dons Burger Juan.

Gamers took a big hit over live game plays. Lot's of swearing going on and kids watch those. Personally I swear like a trucker playing GTA 5. And don't understand why parents allow little 5 year old Timmy to play it let alone watch gameplay on YT. And there is a parental setting in some cases.

So YT started Demonitising YT creators.thus going for a more family oriented.
Link fixed...
www.recode.net...

Casey Neistat got hit by it, but he was never hurting for money.
I pay for YT Red, so I don't get comercials anyway.

edit on 25-12-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

(ps I notice ww3 didn't kick off then, throws rotten fruit at lil kim - waves from the future down here in Australia)

Chuckles-- we have to wait till the last second of this day to be sure, wherever that is.

Remember ,attacks usually occur before dawn the next day, when everyone is hungover.

It won't be Korea starting it either, even though thats how the news will break. The news always breaks blaming the victim.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
What advertising? I never see advertising on YouTube videos.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh
Thank you for that information, I wondered what was behind all of the demonetization that was going on there. That sure makes sense.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
What advertising? I never see advertising on YouTube videos.

Do you have youtube red?

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I just checked,its $9.99 per month for YT red? Then i checked the current exchange rate,which is at 12,61ZAR to $1.Seems worth it to pay 120+a bit a month just to avoid the annoyance of the ads.I use YT every day for several hours at a time and the ads are super annoying.I would rather forgo something else so my budget can cover YT red for sure.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

You also get to rent movie real cheap. New releases too.

Better than Redbox I think.
edit on 25-12-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Yes it certainly seems worth it.

new topics

top topics

join