It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Holy Crap I Have to Make a Quick and Easy Cobbler Recipe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Is it served warm???

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Its actually healthier to make the fruit filling from scratch stove top. Less sugar and addictives and way more rich in texture and flavor. You can taste a difference

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Yes, it's best served warm.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
You are supposed to cut it into square pieces and put it on a plate. It looks like your dog got into it and ripped it apart.

What a good laugh Ricky. Merry Christmas !!

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Looks great! Reminds me of an apple cake i make occasionally.I cook some apple slices,then brown them lightly in a syrup of butter,brown sugar and ginger seasoning.Pour basic cake batter into a square glass pyrex dish,add apples and bake.Simple as that but one can add ice cream or cream and its very nice.I prefer to let it cool,then put in fridge overnight and then its a summer dessert with ice cream.In winter serve it warm with whipped cream.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

You can do this with canned fruit too. Melt the butter pour the batter in top with the can of fruit.
Fruit needs to be in heavy syrup.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I am sorry, foreigner, that´s why i have to ask:

Means t teaspoon and c cup?

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
I am sorry, foreigner, that´s why i have to ask:

Means t teaspoon and c cup?

Yes, lol.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
THX

Will have to try it, but will try it with cherries.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigohues

Cobbler was always a pancake like batter. You're thinking of a crumble with a pastry sugar topping I think.
Maybe not .LOL
Anyway a cobbler was always like the above. In our house anyway.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I always serve it warm. With ice cream...
Last week I made a peach cobbler and drizzled Italian sweet cream coffee creamer over it. Like melted ice cream . Just a bit . It added that nice creamyness.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

cherries.

That sounds delicious. I almost bought some cherries yesterday, but didn't even consider making it with cherries.

That is definitely next up.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

You can do this with canned fruit too. Melt the butter pour the batter in top with the can of fruit.
Fruit needs to be in heavy syrup.

That sounds delicious, too. The heavy syrup doesn't prevent it from thoroughly cooking, or is is more pie-ish?

Mix fruit and batter, pour batter first, or pour fruit first?

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigohues

Eh, no problem. I was chuckling while replying anyway and it's a rarity I take offense at much. I'm kinda flakey, but DEFINITELY not "Snowflakey"! I have 3 sons and wished forever I'd had a daughter to teach...but, what the heck...my oldest bakes (and cooks) circles around me. My youngest, who lives with me, is being veeeeerry gradually broken in in the cooking department. He thinks our steamer is the do all, end all to cook EVERYTHING in/with. I've asked hima million times what he's going to do when I'm not around anymore to cook and him to learn from...his question: "Where's all your recipes?" I told him that 90% are in my head...what'cha got to say to that, Big Boy?!

The recipe posted is what we call "Quick Cobbler", hence the throw-together "crust". It's really great, but you're right, not a "true" cobbler! One a guy who dosen't really cook could throw together to impress his honey with...or make her feel really sorry for him!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join