It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If aliens or extraterrestrials really exist what type of religion would they have

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: dfnj2015

The more advanced aliens understand that the most suitable "religion" is so open and all-encompassing, that mankind would reject it outright. Human religions are all based on prejudice. (i.e. "It's our way, or nothing!")

So you think they would have a religion that was not based on prejudice. I guess there would be no "chosen" people of God. Maybe their religion is all-inclusive because it incorporates many different species of aliens from different Worlds. Jesus Christ, it's hard enough just getting along with the Muslims!

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Considering I have never had a chat about such matters with a real Alien (that I am aware of)... If I had to guess I would bet science and knowledge would be the religion of the day...

Even here on Earth with various forms of religion just about every where, there are those who reject all and believe in scientific proof...unless they are in a fox hole and mortar shells are raining down... then it is surprising how many call on God to please make them stop.. NO SH*T !

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Even so, you would think there would be one or two Universal beliefs that are part of or consider to be true for ALL religions that our extraterrestrial friends might have as part of their religion.

Here's a few:

* Do unto others bla bla bla
* One true God
* Kurt Godels incompleteness proof

There has to be a list.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: makalit
..and an animal's religion is finally figuring out that things in the world are coherent.. hey that is that bird that i saw a few days ago, it was mad at me then for taking it's food, and now it's still holding on to that anger! amazing!

I think aliens would be 1000 years more advanced technologically. I imagine they would have a very advanced and refined form of religion.

I think it's called atheism.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
What type of religion would we have if the meek inherit the earth, after the beleive that the days will end, and the times will stop when were all art in heaven then?
edit on 24-12-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
"Because the First Father is infinite in his plans and eternal in his purposes, it is inherently impossible for any finite being ever to grasp or comprehend these divine plans and purposes in their fullness."

Yes, I would say this is the beginning of Wisdom, to know you can not know all in the finite state. At our idea of death Infinity and life really take hold.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
This reminds me of a conversation I had with my devout christian aunt. Some how we got into a discussion about aliens and I realized, by how she was acting, somehow she never thought of aliens actually existing. After some time talking she asks what their god would be, I busted out laughing. I gave her a second chance to see her fault, being a christian, and she was clueless. I then explained that if you're a christian you have to believe there is one God and that is the God of everything, right?

Well anyway I can imagine lots of religions they could have. Two seem to be the most plausible to me, if they have a religion at all. 1. A nature type religion a lot like Native Americans. 2. A leader worship religion a lot like older civilizations on Earth thinking the pharaoh/king/emperor was a god.

It would be absolutely amazing if they had a religion, with the same texts and everything, that already exists on earth.
edit on 12-24-2017 by ABissell because: typo

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   

It would be interesting finding out how their star system's layout influenced their mythology and culture.Astrotheology, from their own perspective.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Different planets coalescing and starting life cycles, it would range in lengthy differences of time.

a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
If God, our God was responsible for all creation, it would start with given rules like Adam and Eve, or if differently intervened, I would think the standard influences would be deified... ie. the sun, larger species of the food chain, natural events like volcano's or tidal or seasonal. all the stuff we have seen deified before.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   

The original post. Its like....how long is a piece of string?

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
All aliens are classified as " Sons of God"

Those who have defected are Luciferian

Those who have not have another classification.
They are messengers
edit on 24-12-2017 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
The answers are really uncreative. Are the holidays and all the food already draining you?

If we are talking an advanced alien species, I think they're have a pantheistic merger of all religious philosophy. It's one of those things you can't possibly know if the aliens are from our realm, this dimension, one of the many material worlds... They'd be stuck with guessing and theoretically defining what god could be, if he exists, how he exists, what's he made of, how far his influence goes, if he has any interest in us, ...
I don't think they'd be so stupid to have a dogmatic religion.
The question behind all religion would be more appreciated than any unproven theory: what's our role in this universe?

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

They might like Carpenters, too, lol:

I bet the ETs like this, too:

I bet they hum it as they are saucering over the North Pole, lol!

edit on 24-12-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
None!! As we will in the distant future! Why? Because it is nonsense and a primitive attribute of the Human Race

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

What are the odds you are exactly where you are in your life, to exactly post that while I'm exactly where I am in my lifestory and read it, exactly now. Is that synchronicity? No. That's you, right? Not a thing, it's another "me living".
I just blew my own mind. Thanks.

edit on 24-12-2017 by Peeple because: Auto

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Bless you. I really dig you, ya know. I know we are a bit different, but I always enjoy your posts.

I hope you and your "Peeple" have a great holiday time, Dear Peeple. I remember when you first came here with your Sheep avatar.

You are very cool.

I do actually love Karen Carpenetr's voice. She is the nearest thing to an Angel voice. Those are both very wonderful songs by that Brother and Sister.

edit on 24-12-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Happy Holidays to you and family too. I'm so flattered. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   
If they were a collective consciousness they would follow along that line and look towards the "whole".

If they were hierarchial consciousness they would look to the more ancient members.

If they were networked consciousnesses, then they would have a sense of equality.

Worshipping? Well who knows.

Just depends on the structure of their society is how I would approach the subject.

Religeon might not be universal and perhaps just a thing of created consciousnesses who have some subconscious sense of an artificial origin.

. . . . forever searching for a creator who died a thousand generations ago.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Obviously Flobtorpioninsm, where the quesic flobulation achieves true torption.

Ullan, ullan whoop to all!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join