It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If aliens or extraterrestrials really exist what type of religion would they have

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I'm not sure the aliens would be Christians. That would be a tough one to have since Jesus walked the Earth. I imagine the aliens would have something like Taoism. I doubt they would have a religion that was base on Earth bound references. Taoism seems like the only religion I know that would travel well through space.

edit on 23-12-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Scientology, naturally.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Satanism.

Or self-worship...
Which is a lesser form of Satanism.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

You can not say that because there have been no religions outside of earth. There is zero reference which to base your opinion.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Satanism.
Or self-worship...
Which is a lesser form of Satanism.

Just out of curiosity, do you think "worship" is an absolutely necessary feature of having a religion?

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Toolman18
a reply to: dfnj2015

You can not say that because there have been no religions outside of earth. There is zero reference which to base your opinion.

Of course it would be conjecture. That's why this question is so much fun!

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Gnosticism or nuthin'...

belief without proof is for Terran ape-men... well, and that one species of sentient psychedelic plant in the Spica system.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Gnosticism or nuthin'...

belief without proof is for Terran ape-men... well, and that one species of sentient psychedelic plant in the Spica system.

It could be Gnosticism. I didn't think of that one when I posted.

Btw, the favorite song of the species of sentient psychedelic plant in the Spica system:

I am obessed with this song. I've been listening to it every night while I post here.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
To them, being highly guided and obvious forces controlling the reality is just the same as one person seeing the walls in their own room, it's not their religion, it's just regular state of mind, kind of boring and normal.

Their religion is just reaching as far up as their little minds are able, the same as a human does for their own religion.

What I mean is they find higher knowledge

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I'm not sure the aliens would be Christians. That would be a tough one to have since Jesus walked the Earth. I imagine the aliens would have something like Taoism. I doubt they would have a religion that was base on Earth bound references. Taoism seems like the only religion I know that would travel well through space.

My sources tell me that they like the gnarly religions that really get the ole adrenaline juices a flowin.
No halfassed worshipin for those lil dudes.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Gnosticism or nuthin'...

The "hylic" maneuver is when friends step in to save your soul by grabbing you from behind and getting you to spit out bad dogma you have stuck in your throat choking you.

I would probably be classified as a hylic.

edit on 24-12-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
What religion does an ant have?

Or a bird?

Perhaps a dolphin...

Probably something similar to that.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That man is someone I would put absolute trust in and respect his authority with all my being. It's just so much easier when a strong leader tells you what to think.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
..and an animal's religion is finally figuring out that things in the world are coherent.. hey that is that bird that i saw a few days ago, it was mad at me then for taking it's food, and now it's still holding on to that anger! amazing!

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
What religion does an ant have?
Or a bird?
Perhaps a dolphin...
Probably something similar to that.

They probably have moral debates over the prime directive. To probe, or not to probe, that is the question?

Maybe they would be Vulcan like and be all anal retentive about some rationale way of being. They would hate us!

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
They would follow the teachings of Kahless the Unforgettable.

All those who follow his way with honor shall join him in Sto-Vo-Kor.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: makalit
..and an animal's religion is finally figuring out that things in the world are coherent.. hey that is that bird that i saw a few days ago, it was mad at me then for taking it's food, and now it's still holding on to that anger! amazing!

I think aliens would be 1000 years more advanced technologically. I imagine they would have a very advanced and refined form of religion.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
None. They would know that they weren't created by some mythical figure.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Good choice!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join