It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE DARKEST PATTERNS - Official Series Trailer #1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

This series is about a lot more than war, and not all war is depicted in full dark mode such as this. But at times it shall be framed as Hollywood has never done before: War is Horror. From what is effectively from day one, Hollywood has been partnered with the Pentagon in depicting war in a way as to be inspirational. Instead of frame it all in a way as to be lessons not to be repeated, they make it cool and admirable. Well it's time for that to change. It's time to murder war...

To comprehend the future we must understand the present. To understand the present we must comprehend human nature and the past.

SEE ALSO:
A Cinematic Treatise on THE DARKEST PATTERNS of the Saga of the Human Race
edit on 23-12-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
So whats up ATS? Is it too dark? Does it suck?

I've cracked a code here, that Hollyweird the Pentagon stooges never frame war within reality. This is what it should feel like.

The social engineers that rule our world aren't playing effing games, and neither should we. Too much is at stake.

I also happened to catch how the beach invasion sequence from Troy (2004) and Saving Ryans Privates (1998) are effectively the same scene.

edit on 23-12-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Thank you for the heads up. I will check this series out. I have often said if my kids wanted to be in the military, I would make them watch Platoon, Full Metal Jacket, Saving Private Ryan, Apocalypse Now and any other hard hitting war film that shows a closer resemblance of the realities of war and have always impressed upon them that military means death of someone else's dad, uncle, brother and I the case of collateral damage mothers, sisters, aunties, not just the possibility of their own demise. Sadly our military skills are not being used purely as defence of our country when under attack, we have become the offenders/attackers and that is not right.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

Yeah Hollywood will show some grit, even touch on grizly, but ultimately they still are Pentagon stooges in that the DOD wont help them an itch or a sniff unless they get to dictate how the thing plays out. Which means it has to be war propaganda.

This piece here, "Operation HOLLYWOOD", breaks the whole model and history down:

This stuff goes back to flippin' LASSIE!

So even with the 'best' of them, like Saving Ryan's Private's, they can only go so far. As such the original DDay scene had no music... which made it too good to be true when I went to apply my dark frame method over it as I got the full quality sounds effects without annoying music.

So I guess the model the DOD gave them was they can show it all grizzly, but they couldnt frame it anything dark with the music. I'm actually thinking it probably came down to the darkest they could do it was without music, as besides dark music about all that would leave was typical 'inspirational war drum music'. Then of course the entire rest of the film is all borderline happy go lucky wholesome family good stuff, if anything.

Then with Troy the "GDay" (Greek Day) scene of course its a total 'heroes are slaughterhouse action jocks' fest, but that war was ancient history riddled with legend so who cares about the Trojans, right?

edit on 24-12-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

War sucks.
I will say no more on the matter.
My hands still shake.

new topics

top topics

join