It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abbas rules out US peace plan after Jerusalem decision

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

"The United States has proven to be a dishonest mediator in the peace process and we will no longer accept any plan from it," Abbas said at a press conference with French President Emmanuel Macron.

Nothing like seeing the true colors come out from Abbas. He's a chip off the Ole Arafat mold.

No matter what peace deal is offered......he won't accept it.

As I've said often. The Palestinians never fail to dissapoint when it comes to the Peace process.

I get they don't like Trump's decision. Even in his speech, Trump left the final status up for negotiations.

White House Logo SHARE
STATEMENTS & RELEASES

Statement by President Trump on Jerusalem
FOREIGN POLICY

Issued on: December 6, 2017

menuALL NEWS
Diplomatic Reception Room

1:07 P.M. EST

THE PRESIDENT:

In making these announcements, I also want to make one point very clear: This decision is not intended, in any way, to reflect a departure from our strong commitment to facilitate a lasting peace agreement. We want an agreement that is a great deal for the Israelis and a great deal for the Palestinians. We are not taking a position of any final status issues, including the specific boundaries of the Israeli sovereignty in Jerusalem, or the resolution of contested borders. Those questions are up to the parties involved.

But to be that stupid to say you won't accept ANY plan offered is just typical.

Link

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil
Sounds to me like he will also be ending the same way as Arafat as well.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

LOL! For Abbas to call the United States a dishonest mediator is the pot calling the kettle black, isn't it? Priceless.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Right?

I mean who in their right mind turns down negotiating with someone who annexes large swaths of land and then demands that it stays that way as a part of the Peace deal?

I know when my neighbour decides to take over my front room and then says let’s find a peaceful solution, I’ll just accept it when he says a precondition to agreement is that he keeps the front room he stole.

& anyone who wouldn’t accept that outcome is surely to blame for negotiations breaking down.

I don’t understand why people like Abbas just won’t accept havjng a boot on their neck.

We are not taking a position of any final status issues, including the specific boundaries of the Israeli sovereignty in Jerusalem, or the resolution of contested borders.

Uh huh... Trump never lies...

& when a leader proclaims a position on a country’s capital along with a decision to place an embassy in said “capital” it should be obvious to everyone that it’s not really a “long term decision” or “final status”...

Why would anyone have the silly idea that the contested borders are non-negotiable just because a leader declared those contested borders no longer “contested” in their eyes?

/alotofsarc

Now... you can believe all of that above...
Or you can find a solution to your ignorance and actually accept reality.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

"The United States has proven to be a dishonest mediator in the peace process and we will no longer accept any plan from it," Abbas said at a press conference with French President Emmanuel Macron.

When was their first clue, before or after bombing numerous ME nations to dust, killing and displacing millions, based on lies about WMD and Evil Dictators?

They should have stopped believing in the endless "Two State Solution, Peace Process" long ago.

But Islam is long suffering and forgiving. NATO depends on it.
edit on 23-12-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Want some cheese?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

When was their first clue, before or after bombing numerous ME nations to dust, killing and displacing millions, based on lies about WMD and Evil Dictators?

They should have stopped believing in the endless "Two State Solution, Peace Process" long ago.

But Islam is is long suffering and forgiving, NATO depends on it.

That Abbas said it with The President of France is funny.

Wasn't France and the UK the two nations who really took down Libya?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

You mean the decision that every president has avoided ( moving the embassy to Jerusalem) because it was likely to have consequences for AMERICA without having any benefits for AMERICA, ended up having consequences for AMERICA..

Shocking...

Trump should have read the art of war, rather than his own book, the art of the deal...

Every good general/commander/leader knows that “ you never fight a battle with nothing to win”...

But that’s what happens when you have a president that has never read a book that doesn’t have his own face on the cover..
edit on 23-12-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Well after almost 75 years, I'd be trying every thing I could do to get my home back. I surely wouldn't turn down any proposal out right.

I get it it. The Palestinians have gotten a raw deal but they haven't been totally innocent Ghandi like people either. Time for them to make a peace happen. What is their alternative?

History of Peace Talks

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Like they wanted peace in the first place.
But apparently they needed an excuse.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

But Islam is long suffering and forgiving. NATO depends on it.

And for some reason none of that mattered.

Yet the U.S. moving a building, that is a step too far.

Sounds like some real rational people.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

What has Abbas lied about??

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This is surprising? It's obvious the US will not have the Palestinians best interests in mind. Trump basically giving Israel Jerusalem shows that. Do you think they would have said, "Great idea. What else do you have in mind?" It's the same ole. Screw them over then blame them for retaliating.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

But Islam is is long suffering and forgiving, NATO depends on it.

That Abbas said it with The President of France is funny.

Wasn't France and the UK the two nations who really took down Libya?

French Mirages, UK Tornados and US F 15s, F 16s, all participated. Lots of footage form carriers and takeoffs form Nato Base on Cyprus... @:44 and again at 2:24

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

The only way that there will ever be peace in the Middle East is if Israel is utterly destroyed.

Even then they will fight among themselves until no one is left alive.

Peace?

A nice concept. Like unicorns or free beer.

But in the real world it doesn't exist.

Peace, for humanity, is just the pause between wars while both sides re-arm.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

And for some reason none of that mattered.

Yet the U.S. moving a building, that is a step too far.

Jerusalem is site of the (EDIT: Dome of the Rock), one of three Holy Sites in Islam. How did you expect them to react when it was made a Jewish Capital City?
edit on 23-12-2017 by intrptr because: (dome of the rock), thanks Pavil

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Deetermined

What has Abbas lied about??

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Hmmm what Temple does the Temple Mount refer to?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Like they wanted peace in the first place.

That can be easily explained with a trip through history...

A right-wing Zionist organization founded in 1931. During the period when it was active (1937–48) it carried out violent attacks on Arabs and Britons in its campaign to establish a Jewish state; it was disbanded after the creation of Israel in 1948.

en.oxforddictionaries.com...

Ahhhhh so hardline Zionist terrorists were doing all of this before anyone had ever heard the word Hamas, or underground tunnel, or intifada, or any other propaganda catchphrase that demonises Palestinians.

& the Nakba, and Sharon’s war crimes are nothing to do with “never wanting peace in the first place”... surely?

Isn’t it strange, that once Israel was “created”, Irgun “disbanded”...
Maybe a bit of research into their membership and which paths they took once their goal was reached in 1948 is in order.

Yeah I don’t think I’d want peace either, and if I am vilified by the uninformed for fighting back against these atrocities, then so be it.

Poor Israel, man... so downtrodden. Always blamed. Silly goyim.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: intrptr

Hmmm what Temple does the Temple Mount refer to?

Excuse me, Dome of the Rock.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join