It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police tackle and arrest a Northwestern PhD student suspected of stealing a car

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: AMPTAH

People will arm themselves with security "drones".

And you don't think that law enforcement agencies wouldn't have something a bit better then a security drone?

Like what?

There's a reason that rich people hire bodyguards.

That's so that the cops who don't know they are rich, will have to go through their personal security first.

Well, the average man in the street can't afford human bodyguards,

but with technology we get the next best thing, as "drones" are getting cheaper all the time.

So, while today, only the rich can protect their person from these obnoxious LEOs, in the future we all can get the same effective protections.

That's what technology does.

It levels the playing field.

Sure, the cops can come up with some kind of "counter measures".

But, whatever countermeasures they employ, will be applicable to both rich and poor alike.

We still get a level playing field, were everyone gets the same treatment.

Once we all get the same treatment, we'll all ensure the police training teaches them to treat everyone better.

Right now, the rich don't care about these stories you see on the news, because they have their own personal solution.

And it's these same rich that lobby for the laws that suit them.

Everyone should get the same treatment. Either all get pushed to the ground, or none get that.

edit on 23-12-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

originally posted by: loveguy
Things changed in '01.
The patriot act written into law because of foreign terrorists committing atrocities on american soil has made policy enforcement less helpful/more harmful to american citizens.

It's become policy to stand on our throats, not listen to what we have to say about why we did what we did.

Yeah this sort of thing never happened before 9/11 or the Patriot Act...

What world are you living in?

There's this tv series that came out back in the 90's, maybe the 80's- not certain.
It was purported to be the first reality tv episode ever.
They called it "Cops." It's still on tv today.

Take the early episodes and gauge them against todays episodes...
That's the same world you live in?

Personally, I know how to handle situations that require contact with LE, so I'm speaking up for those who don't.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Personally, I know how to handle situations that require contact with LE, so I'm speaking up for those who don't.

You're just deluded.

Nobody knows how to handle contact with LEOs.

The only people who know, are the LEOs themselves.

They decide, on the spot, how to handle the situation.

The victim cannot anticipate them, nor know what they are about to do.

Also, you cannot judge, from your previous contact with LEOs, that you know what to do.

Because the next LEO encounter can be completely different.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
See # like this and people wonder why the anger that gave rise to BLM is still so hot.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

The part that really disturbs me is when they police officer said that the 5th amendment doesn't apply here.

It doesn't.

The officer was right. Though he should have known that the guy was referring to the 4th amendment.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

The part that really disturbs me is when they police officer said that the 5th amendment doesn't apply here.

It doesn't.

The officer was right. Though he should have known that the guy was referring to the 4th amendment.

Yea I can't agree with that. People routinely try to make what they think are sound legal arguments on the side or the road and those arguments are usually based off some wildly inaccurate interpretation they heard on YouTube. Expecting a cop to be able to figure out what you really must mean on the fly like that is a bit much.

Though he did clear it up when he said "reasonable search and seizure."

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

so the context he was black and in a neighborhood with million dollar homes so they assumed hood rat and car jacking?

oh cool. got it

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
We had cops show up at our house one day and they were going to arrest my stepfather for various things like unpaid fines and child support.

The problem was, the guy they were looking for was black and my stepfather was as white, redneck as one can get. All they shared was a name. He still got taken in despite how absolutely ludicrous it was and that wasn't even the last time he was harassed for what this other guy was doing.

Sometimes you seriously can't win no matter what race you are.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Someone get these guys some military gear.

jesus, what a bunch of pu$#^$!.

Excessive force lawsuit incoming.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

You're just deluded.

Nobody knows how to handle contact with LEOs.

The only people who know, are the LEOs themselves.

They decide, on the spot, how to handle the situation.

The victim cannot anticipate them, nor know what they are about to do.

Also, you cannot judge, from your previous contact with LEOs, that you know what to do.

Because the next LEO encounter can be completely different.

You could give yourself more credit in handling yourself in difficult situations. Not everybody jumps into panic mode if the cops come. If you run from them then you pretty much will get what you have coming.
Calm assertive honesty will go farther than lie hide and run. If I am not abrasive to them they are not abrasive to me.

I hope we're not experiencing a miscommunication.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Though he did clear it up when he said "reasonable search and seizure."

None of this matters.

The Constitution only protects a person when that person gets to court.

It's just a law "written" on paper, and requires "interpretation".

Which means "context" and "circumstances" have to taken into account, and that requires the courts to determine, since that is their job.

Cops can do "anything."

But, so can the citizens.

It's just that most citizens don't understand how the system works, and assume they have some kind of rights when on the street.

The only rights a citizen has, are those he is able to defend himself.

Telling a cop you have this or that right under the law is useless, the cop will simply say "save that for the courts."

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Okay.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

You could give yourself more credit in handling yourself in difficult situations. Not everybody jumps into panic mode if the cops come. If you run from them then you pretty much will get what you have coming.
Calm assertive honesty will go farther than lie hide and run. If I am not abrasive to them they are not abrasive to me.

The problem is trying to paint all cops with the same brush.

There are very different types of cops out there.

Dealing with one, doesn't tell you anything about the next one.

Some cops deliberately try to escalate things to enable them to make an arrest to fill their quota.

It doesn't matter if you're being "honest" and "calm" etc..they will engineer and steer the situation into one that is beneficial to them.

Poor guy gets out his car, and puts up his hands, and still gets tackled to the ground and handcuffed, "as if he was trying to escape." Seen with your own eyes.

Believe the videos. They are real.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

Your mindset is exactly why there is no trust left.

People are human. They may be having a bad day, their Mom have just died, they may be mentally challenged.

Running through life with this cock-strong excessive force attitude we are seeimg with the police needs removed from society, or police have to go.

I am afraid a family member or my dog will be murdered over some bs traffic citation, or wrong house raid.

Violence because you are scared to arrest someone, or your waiting and itching to manhandle someone, and get away with it, like these guys, is not acceptable in a civllilization.

They are literally beating people for fun, while taxing and creating criminals.

edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

The problem is trying to paint all cops with the same brush.

There are very different types of cops out there.

Dealing with one, doesn't tell you anything about the next one.

Some cops deliberately try to escalate things to enable them to make an arrest to fill their quota.

It doesn't matter if you're being "honest" and "calm" etc..they will engineer and steer the situation into one that is beneficial to them.

Poor guy gets out his car, and puts up his hands, and still gets tackled to the ground and handcuffed, "as if he was trying to escape." Seen with your own eyes.

Believe the videos. They are real.

Ya' I know the videos don't lie. But I also know that videos have to be from start to finish if what they contain should be taken into account. Which I should admit I haven't viewed the video OP began the thread with to see if it begins at the start.
My point is how one carries himself depends alot on peoples perception of him. We teach people how to treat us by treating them well or not treating them well. They react just like we do.

We're not all just deer in the headlights. Own what is yours and leave the rest to the rest of us.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Are you here to play grabass, or can you comment on the video?

I can comment on the video.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join