It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe’s migrants are here to stay

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Link to article

Migration is our new reality. The time has come to start thinking, talking and acting about migration in a more comprehensive and long-term way, putting in place policies aimed at promoting integration and inclusion.

When it comes to migration, we’re in it for the long haul. This not a problem to solve or a challenge to address. Migration is deeply intertwined with our policies on economics, trade, education and employment — to name just a few.

ATS'ers of Europe, what do you think of this person's take on this?

Who is the author of this article?

Dimitris Avramopoulos is European commissioner for migration, home affairs and citizenship.

Sounds like he knows what's best for the individual nations of the EU.

Citizens of Europe, do you feel this is the best course of action for your countries?

Seems like your elected officials have decided there is no other policies than this to address Europe's aging population other than bringing in people from third world countries.

Are you good with it? Remember it's for:

putting in place policies aimed at promoting integration and inclusion.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Every globalists wet dream. Europe is toast, you can put a fork in it. Truly weird. They won't be happy until the whole world looks like Somalia or Caracas.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

More than 25,000 people in need of protection have been resettled to the Continent, with another 50,000 expected to arrive in the next two years.

My thoughts are those numbers are inaccurate , Germany alone took in over one million "refugees" plus there are those that have been dispersed around Europe or waiting for dispersal in countries like Greece.

Migration is as old as man and will continue till the end of man , mass illegal migration is a problem of today that needs to be addressed but the leaders of the EU don't have the stomach for it so like any good politician they fudge the issue by calling all migrants refugees rather than economic migrants which the bulk of the influx are.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Migration is a part of human history and of every culture.

It's inevitable.

Dominant cultures either absorb or eradicate weaker or smaller cultures.

Europeans did it with the native Americans in what is now the United States.

Islam will do it with Europe. Hell, they've been trying for centuries.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
More evidence, if it were needed, that the EU is globalisms point man and that the UK decision to detach was timely and wise. It almost seems like that now the UK is leaving the globalist European Traitors feel much more confident and comfortable openly expressing their true intentions.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

He's European comissioner for migration. He'll hardly say "I'm entirely useless, scratch my job."
I don't think he's elected either, but that's a different story.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

ip so facto, depending on who is doing the migrating or genocide, its rightfully so.

i wish the natives had vetter vetting methods when the Europeans arrived... look at what those few skittles did to an entire race.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Economic refugees still means people running from death. Starvation. Newspeak.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Yes, humans will all eventually be one color. There will be a new culture we don't yet know about. Of course it won't be in our lifetimes, but it will be. It's inevitable, and civilization might be the better for it. Maybe there will be harmony.

If Mexico/U.S. and Israel/Palestine are all the same people, who will care where the lines are drawn?

edit on 12/23/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
If you're right I'm also hoping your right about it not being in our lifetime, because I am proud of being White and the way my race built the civilised world as we know it today. Yeah I know, RACIST! NAZI! But but SLAVERY! Problems and troubles caused by people who are not White are all the fault of White people! Blah Blah Blah etc etc.

a reply to: angeldoll

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Of course it makes me kind of sad to think about it, because you know, it's who WE are. I mean, I've spent my whole life being white, and whites have made enormous and magnificent contributions to civilization.

But it will be a gradual thing. People won't much notice.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: CulturalResilience

But it will be a gradual thing. People won't much notice.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

He's European comissioner for migration. He'll hardly say "I'm entirely useless, scratch my job."
I don't think he's elected either, but that's a different story.

Why would EU officials have to be elected?

Silly human.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Yep. But in the end, if you really think about it, it will probably be for the best; for the 'big picture'.

edit on 12/23/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
If people could state in their posts if they are from an EU country, I'd appreciate it. It effects you directly. I'm curious as to how the citizens of EU countries feel about this.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Yep. But in the end, if you really think about it, it will probably be for the best.

How so? With automation taking jobs, is bringing in low skilled people who don't speak the language or share the culture the best course of action given the future lack of jobs?

Wouldn't enacting policies that encourage native citizens to have more children be a far easier method?

That could be done, why the "immigration is the only answer " type of logic?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Migration has never been the problem, it has always been about integration.

Immigration worked so well in the states for years and years because they came here to become Americans not Germans living in America but Americans, we have lost that mindset and so has Europe.

No Integration means sooner or later there will be a problem, either the immigrants trying to change their new country or the locals lashing out at the people that do not want any part of the local culture.

The guy is right in a way, immigration has never stopped its the volume that has changed.

If there are no jobs, or homes available though should you really be encouraging more imigrants to come?

ETA: Yank who spent the last 3 years living in NW Germany.

edit on 23-12-2017 by Irishhaf because: additional thought.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
When they're blowing people up for hosting them, imagine what they'd do if they started removing and deporting them.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
If people could state in their posts if they are from an EU country, I'd appreciate it. It effects you directly. I'm curious as to how the citizens of EU countries feel about this.
I'm in UK which is still for now part of the EU but being an island nation we have escaped the exodus Merkel created. Island status and strict border controls of course.
I can't comment on mainland Europe but for sure if the UK border was not controlled on the French side by British officials then the thousands strong rabble of criminal immigrants at Calais would be over here now. I'm glad we are still able to keep them out.After leaving the EU I imagine we will have the same or stronger border controls.
edit on 23-12-2017 by CornishCeltGuy because: spelling

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

There wasn't the level of economic migrant that you are seeing recently. The EU has tried to gloss over the economic migrants trying to lump them in with Syria refugees ect.

Why wasnt there an influx of Iraqi or Afghani refugees years ago? There's always been poverty and war near Europe's borders.

Something changed very recently that resulted in the floodgates being turned full open.

It's your nations at risk, you better figure out if this is the right course of action.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join