It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tax Bill :: Investors Pull Billions From The Markets

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

originally posted by: UKTruth
Wait - let me get this straight. The tax bill was signed yesterday and you use an article from MSN today in order to declare it a failure?
Do you even realise how ridiculous you sound, OP? Maybe the bitterness and hatred have so taken your mind, you actually don't.

Or maybe you read the article and bitch to the people that wrote it and did the analysis. I don't work for Merrill-Lynch or BoA. I assume those people know more than I about these things. But hey, I'm sure they don't know as much as you do.

And to the comment about cashing out every year. Read the article. These numbers are way out-of-the-norm. But again. What do I know. I didn't research or write the article. I'm sure it's just more fake news.

I did read the article. Did you? Perhaps you could explain how the article means that the middle class will not get a tax cut and new jobs will not be created... that's the plan after all.
It's been a day, fella. The media know absolutely F all about what is going to happen over the next few years with the economy... and yes ANYONE who tells you what is going to happen with the economy is pushing fake news B/S unless they caveat it with a statement they actually have no idea what will happen and they are purely speculating.
edit on 23/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: jtma508

Why, you ask, would these investors choose to miss-out on the BIGLIE opportunities to make bank because of the tax bill??

Investors took their money out of stocks and bonds, because they all want to buy bitcoin.

Bitcoin is the only asset giving handsome returns.

You might want to check your bitcoin value. It’s taken a nosedive lately.

Which is what makes it such a great buy opportunity.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508
wrong what it means is that they're pulling your money out of bonds and putting it into the stock market because they're expecting huge dividends to be paid out when these companies are Banking and netting More Money More profit because they're not paying it all in taxes.

Jaden

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with the tax plan persay. Why is bit coin and the bond markets taking a beating. Next week the stock market will take a correction as well. The stock market climbed to record highs for the last year because bankers were buying it up cheap. The hype is in everyones buying well whom is selling it to them. Its at retail and consumers are buying banks are selling it to them. The bitcoins the same it was hyped up to drive retail sale values and wholesalers ( banks) are selling it to consumers. When t goes down banks will buy it at wholesale and the media will hype it up and the banks will sell

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Local micro breweries are going to save a ton of money and many are already talking about buying more equipment and hiring more people so they can ramp up production.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Stock market is still at an all time high and the snowflakes are still snowflaking.... hahaha

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1

Stock market is still at an all time high and the snowflakes are still snowflaking.... hahaha

Never thought I'd ever hear Merill-Lynch and BoA labeled as 'snowflakes'. But we are living in bizzaro world.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Wait - let me get this straight. The tax bill was signed yesterday and you use an article from MSN today in order to declare it a failure?
Do you even realise how ridiculous you sound, OP? Maybe the bitterness and hatred have so taken your mind, you actually don't.

He's not being ridiculous at all, you know damn well the figures are there at any time and always changing. Huge anomalies are always a worry either way, especially nowadays when so many are au fait to trading devices and tactics, and the immediacy of information.

At the present the value of GDP is far below the evaluations of the stockmarkets, which are in the crazy zone, there has to be a re-evaluation, if that happens gradually then things might settle down, if too quickly then there could well be a crash. My guess is at the moment the value of stocks is extremely overvalued and illogical.
edit on 23-12-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This is very strange.

Maybe they know something we don’t know.

It just doesn’t make sense that such a heavy exit should occur. Is this smart money?

Whatever this is, it may have something to do with: what’s really going on!

Another thing, this is not a big story. WHAT ARE THEY TRYING TO HIDE?

Just like the elite scammed us before the 2007 depression, they may be doing some trickery here we don’t see yet.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
What this could be is a liquidation of assets to invest in whatever their running under the surface…

What’s bad about giving greedy people so much money has always been that they put their money in exotic investments that usually end up screwing with the macro economy.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Local micro breweries are going to save a ton of money and many are already talking about buying more equipment and hiring more people so they can ramp up production.

I live near Portland with about 250 micro breweries around here and I would think you are right. Beer has one of the slimmest profit margins of all alcoholic beverages.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Xtrozero

The problem with that idea is that the economy runs off DEMAND

If the small guy, who buys the macro goods that tells us about demand don’t really benefit from this tax cut, then these breweries won’t have the demand to expand.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I just figured this out…

The people who pulled their money from the market want it to invest. They may expect a plethora of investment opportunities.

Moreover, this deal is moving swiftly---companies are already making deals so if you want to get in on them you have to have liquidity.

That’s the positive spin

I don’t know what the negative spin yet

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

It's been a day, fella. The media know absolutely F all about what is going to happen over the next few years with the economy... and yes ANYONE who tells you what is going to happen with the economy is pushing fake news B/S unless they caveat it with a statement they actually have no idea what will happen and they are purely speculating.

I'm not sure even after 2 years can we still say whether it was a success or failure. We have a ton of people like Jim Cramer that are about as successful in their speculations as you or me just picking randomly, but boy they do sound good...

Most of the success you will see or hear about will be at lowest levels like in your town and the businesses around you.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I am looking at it the same way. I have moved my investments around a bit focusing on large caps, value, and growth. I expect this to be a good year. 2017 did not hurt my bottom line at all but I think 2018 will be much better.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

good call.....

a lot of the redemptions were from low-to-negative returns from their managed accounts at their Mutual Fund...

my account produced $20.28 in dividends (3.06 shares) during 2017...so I switched Funds to create an accounting Loss for the year, which will still be around to offset the Future Gains, both long-term or short-term gains, on other stock accounts I have...
~it's called something like "Year End selling-the-dogs" a standard strategy with Stocks to save your other $tock Profits from Tax assessments Due uncle Sam ~
through the legal process of 'writing-off the losses' from any and all gainers for the nest tax year

-or- there might be a couple Billion$ that is targeted for buying Crypto-Coins after the latest downturn... bitcoin will not get erased out of existence anytime soon, the big investors need another 'sandbox' to play around in because the JPMorgans & TBTF bankers already have the precious-metals sewn up, the CIA got their opium cash crops, the pedofiles are doing church services, etc etc

edit on rd31151406896723422017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Investors bail, yet stocks contiue to increase in value. Wow.

Is Trump's America awesome, or what!

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
a reply to: Willtell

I am looking at it the same way. I have moved my investments around a bit focusing on large caps, value, and growth. I expect this to be a good year. 2017 did not hurt my bottom line at all but I think 2018 will be much better.

Good for you, I wish you luck.

Yeah I’d be moving my assets around too if I had any.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: AMPTAH
They are also cashing out bitcoin too. It dropped more than fifty percent in 48 hours. I would have cashed out myself at the 10k mark if I had gotten in early. Hitting 20k IMO was just dumb luck.

However, again, all this shows is that people are cashing out for the year end profit taking. It is the same pattern every single year. Happens with gold and silver too. Usually it bottoms out on New years week. End of year profit taking. Thats all this is.

Wrong.

It’s back above $15k.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The media was telling people to pull money out because they might owe more after the bill was passed. I guess the Left run media is trying to sabatage things.

I hope they spend that money to stimulate the economy, that will help things work better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join