It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump just declared a national emergency

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+58 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   
In a letter to Congress president trump declared a national emergency concerning the threat to the United States from corruption and human rights abuses. It appears to be an expansion and or clarification of the Global Magnitsky Human Rights Accountability Act.

www.whitehouse.gov...

Its all very interesting but the part that really jumped out at me was this section:

“The order blocks the property and interests in property of persons listed in the Annex to the order. It also blocks the property and interests in property of any foreign person determined by the Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Attorney General:

(1) to be responsible for or complicit in, or to have directly or indirectly engaged in, serious human rights abuse;

(2) to be a current or former government official, or a person acting for or on behalf of such an official, who is responsible for or complicit in, or has directly or indirectly engaged in:

(a) corruption, including the misappropriation of state assets, the expropriation of private assets for personal gain, corruption related to government contracts or the extraction of natural resources, or bribery; or

(b) the transfer or the facilitation of the transfer of the proceeds of corruption”

This appears to single out US politicians. Is this the first step to actually cleaning up Washington?

Something definitely seems to be going on.... is this the signal?

edit on 22-12-2017 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Now, this is interesting.

The net is cast.

Let's see what we catch.

Edit to add:

(5) to have materially assisted, sponsored, or provided financial, material, or technological support for, or goods or services to or in support of:

(a) any activity described in (1), (2)(a), or (2)(b) above that is conducted by a foreign person;

(b) any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to the order; or

(c) any entity described in (3)(a) above where the activity is conducted by a foreign person;

(6) to be owned or controlled by, or to have acted or purported to act for or on behalf of, directly or indirectly, any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to the order;

Now, that is a very compelling net to cast folks.
edit on 22 12 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 22 12 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: drock905

I read the headline and thought.... OMG twitter must have banned him.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Watch this hand how it moves and wow...never mind the other hand. It's not part of this trick.

edit on 22-12-2017 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yeah, but did you actually read the OP?

It looks like Trump is going after corrupt politicians

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Not really. He can't shake things up too much without Trump University being brought up again, or His other bankruptcies that amount to the GDP of some third world nations.
Saying "locker room talk" isn't going to save him the next round of that also.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Released on the winter solstice, Yule cleansing ritual?

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

This could be the first step.

Haven’t a ton of politicians stated their intentions to not seek re-election? I assumed it was sexual Harassment related but maybe it has more to do with this?

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I'm reading it now, just wanted to get in with my smart ass comment.

If he is doing that I will be impressed, until then I won't be holding my breath... But I'm happy to wait and see how this plays out.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Couple of odd things about this one he waited until congress left for the holidays.Next he is stating that of the 49 Russians listed someone is an immediate threat to National security. And there must be a reason to-do this because if you believe Trump colluded with Russians this would hurt him forcing Mueller to react.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

But does the order name any names?

And I am reading on one law website that it has to do with the proposed acquisition of Lattice Semiconductor, which I'm getting is a company basically owned by the Chinese.... ????

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Okay lets not jump the gun in declaring "a national emergency", on account Bush & Obama have de facto martial law already in effect in the event of essentially any emergency worldwide.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
Ah. Where is that list of 49 Russians? Is it in a document attached to the order? I'm on my phone and can read the executive order but don't see any attachments (annex) with it...

edit on 22-12-2017 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

But does the order name any names?

And I am reading on one law website that it has to do with the proposed acquisition of Lattice Semiconductor, which I'm getting is a company basically owned by the Chinese.... ????

Here’s a link to individuals and corporations added today

www.treasury.gov...

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Okay lets not jump the gun in declaring "a national emergency", on account Bush & Obama have de facto martial law already in effect in the event of essentially any emergency worldwide.

The order does say he's declared a national emergency....

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
www.treasury.gov... link to two page pdf that appears to explain the EO

from the earlier link the names are from all over the place (geographically) any one have any idea what the heck this all means?
edit on 22-12-2017 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Thank you!

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

In addition, the order suspends entry into the United States of any alien listed in the Annex or determined to meet one or more of the criteria above.
I have delegated to the Secretary of State the authority to take such actions, including adopting rules and regulations, and to employ all powers granted to the President by IEEPA and the Act, as may be necessary to implement the provisions of the order and the Act suspending entry into the United States of certain aliens.

So no alien who is party to or witness of money laundering will be allowed into the U.S. for the purpose of testifying before Congress or any Federal Grand Jury.

Cool, the SecState can simply call certain aliens on the phone and say, "If you got a Subpoena to appear in the U.S. Federal Court, ignore it, stay away from territories of U.S. Jurisdiction."

edit on 22-12-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
a reply to: dragonridr
Ah. Where is that list of 49 Russians? Is it in a document attached to the order? I'm on my phone and can read the executive order but don't see any attachments (annex) with it...

The act had 49 Russians hes adding to it.

www.state.gov...

home.treasury.gov...
edit on 12/22/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

In addition, the order suspends entry into the United States of any alien listed in the Annex or determined to meet one or more of the criteria above.

So no alien who is party to or witness of money laundering will be allowed into the U.S. for the purpose of testifying before Congress or any Federal Grand Jury.

Cool.

That’s interesting

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join