It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Jedi the racial diversity and gender political empowered movie -spoilers.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Abysha
Blacks! And them filthy womerns!

'Filthy women' is redundant.

I am working on a horror movie script right now where a half black half Mexican woman is the president.
edit on 31-12-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
I am working on a horror movie script right now where a half black half Mexican woman is telling president.

Telling President what? Don't leave me hanging like that man...

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Just a typo. Fixed it...now you will see the horror.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Does she have the gay? That would make it even scarier.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Her vp is a Transgender ex navy seal war hero homosexual..
It's to create conflict in the viewer.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Jesus. This could be scarier than Candyman II.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I don't want to spoil it but it starts off making the public white house bathrooms unisex.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
I don't want to spoil it but it starts off making the public white house bathrooms unisex.

Just make sure the White House displays a gender neutral and culturally ambiguous nativity scene.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Warning: spoilers ahead.

I went and saw this movie last week. I was thoroughly disappointed. Where do I even start? First of all, the space battles were complete garbage other than two scenes, the first where Poe attacks the dreadnought, and when Lorna Dern flies her ship into Snokes. Other than that, complete garbage. Everything in the movie also felt forced and contrived. It was like a movie going through the motions of being a Star Wars movie. And it was all over the map with its plotlines, its like they didn't know how to start or finish the movie. I will say I wasn't as upset as most people with the way Luke was portrayed, I could understand his character becoming cynical and fatalistic after all this guy had been through. What I didn't like was the emasculation of many of the male characters in the movie. The movie painfully displayed its political propaganda and correctness all the way through, and many of us could have done without that. I have no problem with diverse characters, I like the character of Finn, but I don't like when those characters are used to push a worldview on us. I agree that all the white male characters were portrayed negatively, as either evil, or ineffective and stupid. I am so tired of Hollywood force feeding us their ideologies. It seems no strong male role models are allowed, especially white ones. Its not my racism by pointing this out, its theirs by displaying it. Its going to be a long time before Disney gets any of my money again.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Luke was a white male, and stood up to the entire army assembled there on the surface...(but yeah, all the others were treated like the dumb dad in a sitcom).

That said though, I really loved the movie, and love it more each time I see it.

The more I see it though, a few theories evolve......

1. I think Snoke fully knew and intended Kylo to kill him. He basically even states it all and lays it out. I feel he knows he won't last, so he wants to be sure Kylo is up to the task, and also sees Rey as a potential mate/recruit for Kylo.

2. I think Snoke totally planted the BS origins of Rey's parentage in both Kylo and Rey in the Force link he fostered between them.

3. I think Rey is Luke's kid. There are even more reasons for this now in this movie. In the last film, the lightsaber calling to her, and her Force vision, certainly hint at it. In this film, they answered how Luke would be unaware of his kid (always a hole in the theory). He had closed himself off to the Force. Also, he opens himself up to it, JUST before Rey leaves. It's also when he shifts from non-involvement, to being determined to help. In the material after ROTJ, Luke has quite a bit of love from the ladies, in numerous stories. I see no reason the new canon couldn't have a brief love interest for Luke who gets with child, and never tells him about it.

4. I think Leia KNOWS Rey is Luke's. Think about it, why does she trust her with the most important mission of retrieving Luke? Wouldn't this be something she would do instead, herself? I also think Han knew (at least subconsciously) as he's always seemed a tad Force sensitive, and Leia likely told him at some point after meeting her

5. I think we'll definitely see a bit of Luke in the next one, both in flashbacks, and as a Force ghost advising Rey. I also think we'll see some kind of incarnation of Snoke, though not a Force ghost of course. I just don't think the storytellers are done with him just like that.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

1) I only think that is the case if Snoke becomes a force ghost.. the dark side is selfish and wouldn’t suicide to allow the next generation to rein..

2) I love the dynamic behin rey’s Parents being nobodies... the moral lesson behind it kinda rocks too.. the past doesn’t matter.. you are not your parents ... this story is yours..

I also love the dynamic between Kylo and rey..

Kylo has every advantage of breeding , training and equipment, but rey is still better..kinda like rocky, maybe she just wants it way more.

3) Luke’s kid makes zero sense and would have been revealed before Luke’s death. What does make sense is that she is a spontaneous manifestation of the force like anikan was. That also explains her power level and skill set.. it is just like anikans in the prequels.

She could be a semi-god like anikan was And Kylo is only 1/8th god..

If you look at her “Mary sueness” from that angle it all makes sense.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
She's far more powerful (and able to manifest with ZERO training) than Ani was at first. (and without the divine birth, if we believe the nobodys angle.....which I don't).

Luke is "dead", but he can certainly provide exposition as a Force Ghost. Obi Wan's reveals (both for pop and sis) were all while a Force Ghost....no reason Rey can't find out the same way from Luke's Force Ghost.

I think you underestimate the Dark Side. Palpatine seemed to be leaning towards a similar sacrifice, when courting Luke for the Dark Side, did he not?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join