It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The tax bill, the initial response and now HOPE.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Seeing the initial responses of that Bank, Boeing and A.T.and T., with their commitment to give their staffs a one-time bonus and/or raise in their minimum wage, even before the bill has been actually signed, blew me away.

I even had a hard time sleeping last night. It was due to a sense of hope. Dwelling on it this morning, I came to the conclusion that I, perhaps we, see this move as a major step towards at least a partial return to the days of no particular worries about personal finances and the unceasing concerns for the the future of our families and our children's families.

I even had to give the Republicans a grudging 'attaboy' for coming together and passing this bill. The equally grudging acknowledgment by McConnell for Trump's leadership in making this happen and Orrin Hatch's enthusiastic praise as well. It looks to me that progress is being made in the recognition of Trump's leadership by the Republican establishment.

I didn't think that was going to ever happen.

All in all, a very good day. I will savor it for as long as it lasts knowing full well the next frustration/disappointment is right around the corner. Until then?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I completely understand your point of view. I am saddened however to see the once staunchly "anti-NWO" forums now becoming NWO cheerleaders.

The following should be a surprise to no one on this forum:

The major multinational corporations of the world are swampy and Illuminati-controlled.

Rooting for them to succeed is rooting for NWO domination.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Unless you make $100,000 dollars per year both you and your spouse for a total of $200,000 for a family of four, you are not making out like you are being TOLD you are. I have read the rates broken down, per income level. Also this is going to drive the deficit UP, which is something trump said he would NOT DO. He was supposed to fix the deficit, not add a crap load to it.

This to me just shows, Obama was not the antichrist the alt right made him out to be. What trump walked into taking office, and what Obama walked into taking office, Night and day....The U.S. was at its worst unemployment numbers since the Great Depression when Obama took office. When trump took office, unemployment was heading toward an all time low.....The list goes on and on.

This tax cut plan, benefits the wealthy and big business. It also cuts in places it should not. I mean hey, I live in a really nice home, and have nice things, but this plan is not going to help me out in the LONG RUN. Nor will it most of you. I am not on food stamps, I work and I am white. I am on Obama care, but I pay for it. I get a rebate, that is it.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym
I completely understand your point of view. I am saddened however to see the once staunchly "anti-NWO" forums now becoming NWO cheerleaders.

The following should be a surprise to no one on this forum:

The major multinational corporations of the world are swampy and Illuminati-controlled.

Rooting for them to succeed is rooting for NWO domination.

www.youtube.com...

Here's where i part ways with your view of this, the U.S. MUST be in a position of economic strength to tangle with the NWO directly. Currently, we exist in a house of cards.

What is largely omitted, stressed by the left/NWO is the big winners are the small to medium corporations. Vastly more in numbers and the source of 90% of our new jobs.

If giving the big corporations a boon is required to rebuild the economy, then so be it. The big guys were doing great without the tax cut. The wealthy and big Corporations have been making their money outside the U.S. no matter what tax system was in place. Yes?

So now, even they have incentive to use the U.S. for profit. That helps level the playing field a bit.

Dealing with the NWO had better be done from a position of strength. One step at a time.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Unless you make $100,000 dollars per year both you and your spouse for a total of $200,000 for a family of four, you are not making out like you are being TOLD you are. I have read the rates broken down, per income level. Also this is going to drive the deficit UP, which is something trump said he would NOT DO. He was supposed to fix the deficit, not add a crap load to it.

This to me just shows, Obama was not the antichrist the alt right made him out to be. What trump walked into taking office, and what Obama walked into taking office, Night and day....The U.S. was at its worst unemployment numbers since the Great Depression when Obama took office. When trump took office, unemployment was heading toward an all time low.....The list goes on and on.

This tax cut plan, benefits the wealthy and big business. It also cuts in places it should not. I mean hey, I live in a really nice home, and have nice things, but this plan is not going to help me out in the LONG RUN. Nor will it most of you. I am not on food stamps, I work and I am white. I am on Obama care, but I pay for it. I get a rebate, that is it.

So I can only interpret your post as saying your fine with Obama and his increasing the deficit more than all the Presidents in history combined as you benefited from it directly so 'no biggie' and NOW are concerned about the deficit increasing?

Somehow, I can't give much credence to your position, but that's just me.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

You're not reading with comprehension then...80% of every American will get a tax cut. Some who don't pay any taxes, well there's nothing to cut.

More cash in the pocket equals more growth of economy and more taxes.Dont go counting deficits until they happen, the last guy actually raised it near 10 trillion, bringing it near 20 million.

OP
I agree, there's a good feeling in the air.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I'm always amazed at those singing the praises of trickle down economics; then when skyrocketing inflation, interest rates, and much higher state taxes wipe out that pitiful rebate as the govt. once again pisses on your shoes and tells you it's raining, and you believe them. I guess it's true what they say....

edit on 21-12-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I'm always amazed at those singing the praises of trickle down economics; then when skyrocketing inflation, interest rates, and much higher state taxes wipe out that pitiful rebate as the govt. once again pisses on your shoes and tells you it's raining, and you believe them. I guess it's true what they say....

Yep, there will be inflation. There will be increased interest rates. There will be increased taxes from the States to compensate from Federal cut backs.

I am will to go through all of that, without any reservations, if we can get out country back. Better that than whining and doing nothing....by light years!

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

P.S. Now what mitigates State tax increases is the boon they are enjoying even now. First, lowered unemployment means less social expense- of which they say nothing in fear losing Federal money- which means less expenditures from State coffers..perish the thought.

Next, the boom in the stock market-forget the millions with 401Ks that are benefiting-the state, county and cities guaranteed pension plans, and that liability matches or exceeds the amount of the Federal deficit, is rapidly reducing as those pensions are also funded by Wall St..

The 'poor' States are hugely benefiting from these federal policies.

Ignore them as you will. Much more benefit than your admitting to, sir.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Isn't it interesting that none of the 'gloom and doomers ' have anything to say about the 10s of thousands receiving these bonuses and raises before Christmas. (?)

I, for one, am happy for them.

It is a win for all of us.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

So, the takeaway from your comment is that you think that the government should take control of the Federal Reserve so that it can't pick and choose inflation and interest rate manipulations, and that the government is responsible for controlling the rate at which states tax their inhabitants.

I could get behind the first idea, since I don't think that The Fed should have as much autonomy as it does, but placing the blame on the federal government for state tax rates is ridiculous.
edit on 21-12-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
... full return to 2nd amendment is now just a matter of mid-to-short term ...

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
A new hope? More like episode 5. The economy strikes back. This seems nice now but when the bill for this cut comes due it's going to hurt.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Those that oppose the tax plan are pathetic hypocrites, because they will keep the money that isn't taken from government.

It is interesting to see the people clamor for higher taxes and bigger government.

I wonder how successful that platform will be for the 2018 elections.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

This won't. It's not going to start to lose all benefit to the public until 2021. Convenient huh?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

This won't. It's not going to start to lose all benefit to the public until 2021. Convenient huh?

Smart on the part of republicans.

You're either for or against higher taxes.

Easy campaign to run on. Especially since people will see an immediate value.

Inflation, interest rates aren't as readily apparent to people.

What they will notice is an extra 100 bucks in their pay check every two week.

It might mean going out to dinner more often, or buying a new appliance. That will have a direct impact on the local economy.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well people better save that $50 per week because when it's time to pay for this cut the gov't will be clawing it back over the following 7 years. Buying 1.5 trillion at a price of 5 trillion isn't smart business. Politically it's smart but it's still the working Joe that's going to be screwed for that political ploy.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Well people better save that $50 per week because when it's time to pay for this cut the gov't will be clawing it back over the following 7 years. Buying 1.5 trillion at a price of 5 trillion isn't smart business. Politically it's smart but it's still the working Joe that's going to be screwed for that political ploy.

Government spends money about as goodly as my wordage is for talking betterly.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Actually, I'd call it 'slick'. The Republicans will renew it....if elected...
So that gives a powerful tool in that re-election campaign.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

At the price of 5 trillion??

LMAO. Hasn't happened and likely won't happen. Inventing numbers, either you or some other vested interest, merely leaves the U.S. in the same downward slope we've enjoyed for decades.

Go shovel snow....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join