It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 year old Chicagoan that got shot in 2016; this time shoots Self.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Man you hit the nail right on the head, that's how I was raised and raised my kids worked pretty good my kids are 20 and 28.
they both own them now.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: darepairman
a reply to: intrptr

Man you hit the nail right on the head, that's how I was raised and raised my kids worked pretty good my kids are 20 and 28.
they both own them now.

And they know how to teach their kids too...

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Based on the usual defense of the gun and how in the right hands they are safe, maybe you should ban babies/toddlers, i mean obviuosly the gun is far more important and sacred.

Please America stop killing each other/oneself over this obsession.

The link provided by midnightstar shows on average 93 people a day die from gunshots in the USA, what with Judge Dredd policing and people shooting at each other, it always seems so tragic.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

alot of those shot are law breakers. so its fine. we shouldnt interfere in gangs killin each other if they only shoot other ones.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
My kids were shooting my M4s at about the age of 6... my pistols about the age of 8 (couldn't really pull the trigger yet). I keep most of my guns/amno in a safe with a combo my kids do not know. In the safe I have a loaded shotgun and 30 round mags of .556 that would take me about 10 seconds to get to and load.

In my bedroom by my bed in a drawer I have a 40 cal with the loaded mag sitting next to it. If I ever needed the gun I would need to load the mag first. My kids until they hit their teens did not have the strength to actually load and rack the chamber, so though they never touched it outside the range they would have had a hard time getting a bullet in a position to fire it if they ever did. I know they have never touched it because the way it sits in the drawer, if you do not put it back just right it would not be the same...also the first times they shot it it was too powerful for them and they really didn't like it at all, and so they shot a .22 I have after that.

Guns are not really available to them and they are not some great mystery to them either since they were kind of scared at an early age as to how powerful they are. They gained a good amount of respect for them over the years.

Now lets go to Chicago with loaded guns laying around or in a guys pocket/waistband, all gangster fashion like. The key here is 25-year-old convicted felon's gun... the kid shooting himself in the finger is the least of his problems.

edit on 21-12-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Please America stop killing each other...

Unless they all are gang members/criminals then have at it...
edit on 21-12-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Poor kid...this can't be the norm for some kids. So unfair that a kid has to grow up in an environment that doesn't allow a child to enjoy childhood.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco
a reply to: JimNasium

Poor kid...this can't be the norm for some kids. So unfair that a kid has to grow up in an environment that doesn't allow a child to enjoy childhood.

Reality is if society were civilised this would not happen, as it is though society is sick and as a result this kind of tragedy festers .

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

That is the negative energy that permeates society and then rears it's ugly head into every nook & cranny. You know how water seeks the lowest plain/point? This energy does the same and seeps into every dark spot or spots open to turning dark.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join