It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SUV plows into crowd of people-Melbourne BREAKING NOW

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Chadwickus

Just like they dont drink, do drugs, fornicate, hurt innocent people, etc.

Ah of course.

So they’re all terrorists then, too.

Good logic.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
If I got ahold of those two I'd immediately turn into Cersei Lannister:

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yes, banning transportation is silly.

Banning semi-automatics, when statistics show that the vast, vast majority are benign instruments of either target practice or collection, is silly as well.

I wasn't supporting the argument, I was showing the flaw in your own logic because you were implying that manufacturer's intent matters more than how the object is used in the end.

As for 9/11...of course they're not going to ban airplanes when they can just create a massive government agency tasked with enforcing policies that border on 4th-amendment infringement in the name of a false sense of security.

Very similar to the idea of banning firearms, honestly, just with substituting "2nd" for "4th."

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

Are you kidding me? In this country, you'd be given a medal for actually killing the driver (prior to the point he surrendered)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Slap, it looks like one of our resident anti-gunners decided to interject their rhetoric into an incident and politicize a tragedy.

Fact is, hopenotfeariswhatweneed, Australia has draconian gun control laws and yet this is moot because the weapon was the attacker's vehicle.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Chadwickus

Just like they dont drink, do drugs, fornicate, hurt innocent people, etc.

Yep, there is a reason Saudi's stream over to Bahrain at the weekend.. cough, cough.
Does it really matter though if this guy was a Muslim? It's not like any more proof is needed that there is a problem with Islamic extremism.
edit on 21/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

But hey, they put up a bunch of bollards to stop future terrorist attacks. A lot of good that did in this case. Ironically, the terrorist's car came to rest at a bollard just after he mowed some people down.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Australia has draconian gun control laws

I would argue that Australia has world leading gun laws , my opinion of course . Anyhow guns had nothing to do with this and this thread is not about guns .

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

That's wasn't actually my argument, it was another member, I was simply pointing out the flaw in the argument.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Slap, it looks like one of our resident anti-gunners decided to interject their rhetoric into an incident and politicize a tragedy.

Fact is, hopenotfeariswhatweneed, Australia has draconian gun control laws and yet this is moot because the weapon was the attacker's vehicle.

At least follow the conversation so you don't look silly posing nonsense.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

It looks like the officer is checking for a pulse.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
The Australian newspaper is reporting it as the act of a mentally ill drug addict.

Australian Twitter

A vehicle attack on a busy pedestrian crossing in Melbourne’s Flinders Street which left 14 people in hospital was the work of a mentally ill drug addict, police believe. The Australian understands the attack, which occurred at 4.42pm in the heart of downtown Melbourne, is not being treated as terrorism. Rather, the driver is thought to be a mentally ill man with a history of addiction to the drug ice. It is understood he has no known links to extremism and is not known to counter-terrorism authorities. A second man pictured arrested at the scene was unconnected to the attack, The Australian has been told. Police have said publicly the attack was deliberate but that the driver’s motive remained unknown.

I believe the article itself is paywalled though, so I found this online.

Hopefully this is resolved quickly.

Thoughts are with the victims.

Bullsh**.

It was terrorism.
There were three people involved, two in the car, one outside filming them.
They were armed with knives in back packs.
They were stopped before they could carry out the next part of their attack, stabbing people, because they got pulled out of the car by by standers including an off duty police officer.
The incident response team from Victoria Police also responded very quickly.
At the moment there is teams of heavily armed police who are patrolling Melbourne ready to respond to incidents like this. That's not a very well known fact despite it being in the public domain. It's not your regular beat cop either, it's like the SOG or CIRT guys.

Let me say it again, this was terrorism.
They are not going to admit it though because 1) it creates panic during the holiday/christmas period, and 2) it's an admission that their migration policies, which basically amounts to handing out visas left right and center to every riffraff scumbag in the third world and flooding Australia with these people, is a complete and utter failure.

There have been several incidents of terrorism in Melbourne and Sydney in recent years, and things are getting more violent and dangerous, slowly but surely.

The perpertrators were Afghan Muslims.

They are using the drug and mental illness excuse because they have the precedent already from the Australian guy some time ago. He was mentally unstable, came from a broken home, parents were junkies, he was a junkie, his brother was a junkie, there was a history of family violence, and he was on an ice binge at the time. He thought the illuminati was out to get him and all that stuff. The guy literally was crazy. And you could go to his various facebook accounts most of which were public and not private, and see his rantings about the illuminati and god.

What's happened yesterday in Melbourne is pure terrorism, the likes of which we see overseas.
Luckily for us though it was stopped half way through the attack and so far people are only injured and not dead. Had they been able to go on with the rest of their attack, by stabbing random people, there'd be a death toll right now.

Enough is enough. Time to start kicking these people out of Australia.
They do not integrate, they do not assimilate. We do not want these sorts of types here, nor do we need them.
They do not add anything positive to Australian society and culture.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mortex

If what you are saying is right, and it may well be, you don't think the media and police are doing the right thing?

Best not to plaster all over the news that it's terrorism so as not to influence anyone else into copycat mode, the only reports of terrorism we are getting are the successful operations stopping any would be terrorists .

I'm in agreement with the reporting we don't need to be emboldening anymore nutjobs, regardless of religious belief.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: gladtobehere

I hate people, I think if I could leave society and find an island of dogs I'd move there.

That hatred you have for people is what makes the world a worst place to live. Don't hate people in general for the actions of some monsters. Do you not know that there are dogs who are as vicious as human monsters?...

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Yep, you are 100% right, but there will be people calling you "racist" for actually stating who did the attack, and the obvious reason why.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

My thoughts and prayer goes to those injured and their families.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

a reply to: gladtobehere

I hate people, I think if I could leave society and find an island of dogs I'd move there.

That hatred you have for people is what makes the world a worst place to live. Don't hate people in general for the actions of some monsters. Do you not know that there are dogs who are as vicious as human monsters?...

No as I have never left my moms basement.

Also your comment is exactly the kind of comment I expect from a crazy cat lady.
edit on 21-12-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: friggin cats

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Quick...we need to ban SUV's!!

There's no reason anyone needs an SUV...all they do is kill people. It's their only purpose, killing people. Anyone who thinks people should be allowed to own SUV's is a complete idiot! SUV's are just tools of MURDER, plain and simple.

This is idiotic, SUV's clearly were not designed to hurt people, unlike Guns, the only reason Guns even exist is to hurt and kill.

Deny ignorance indeed....

I don't think you realized that Flyingclaydisk was being sarcastic, and making an example of another object which the "gun-grabbers" want banned.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Yep, you are 100% right, but there will be people calling you "racist" for actually stating who did the attack, and the obvious reason why.

All the reports from witnesses across various radio stations, media outlets and social media initially ALL said there was THREE people involved and they had knives. It’s very obviously a terrorist attack.
And this stuff was still being reported many hours after the attack happened.
It will be washed over with the mental illness drug abuse excuse and nobody official will mention the real facts.

We all know about the Lebanese problem and other similar groups that existed in Sydney and still does. There’s areas that are unsafe even for law enforcement. That’s why there’s heavily armed special police units now who look nothing short of special forces in blue, who deal with these bastards. Especially in Sydney.

But why do you think Melbourne now has special police units armed heavily patrolling the streets?
I’m sure you know about the element that lives in the north west suburbs of Melbourne..the outer areas.

Bernardi has even pointed out that there’s pockets of Islamic extremists in Adelaide of all places.

These people do not integrate. They aren’t here to integrate and assimilate. Sadly there’s only two politicians talking about if, Cory Bernardi who is slowly making gains, and Pauline Hanson, but because of the political career and personal character assassination that’s been done on her during the Howard era by his government and the media, people aren’t listening and aren’t waking up quickly enough.
She warned us we will be over run with Asians. Go for a walk through Sydney and Melbourne and most uni campuses and surrounding areas. You barely see a white person. The same is starting to happen with areas with Arabs and Africansand Indians/Pakis. Except instead of coming here to study and guy up Australia under our noses, they are here for violent jihad against us in our own homes.

We are under attack, there is a threat that exists, this may sound alarmist or exaggerated and sensationalist, but it’s the truth you only have to look around you and see what’s going on every day.

It’s time Australians and all westerners stood up and fought back and retook every inch of our countries and our rights back.

Our forefathers spilled endless blood so we could be free. And we are sitting here letting it get pissed away because someone might get offended? #### that.

I’m voting Bernardi for this reason. Because he’s the only one who can make a difference who stands up repeatedly for our country and our values and way of life.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

If what you are saying is right, and it may well be, you don't think the media and police are doing the right thing?

Best not to plaster all over the news that it's terrorism so as not to influence anyone else into copycat mode, the only reports of terrorism we are getting are the successful operations stopping any would be terrorists .

I'm in agreement with the reporting we don't need to be emboldening anymore nutjobs, regardless of religious belief.

It’s 100% correct and factual.

They are going to attack us regardless, they already have several times in this country. It’s just been played down.

We are at war with these people with this Islamic sham religion ideology.
It’s time every westerner woke up and realised we are in a clash of civilisations.
Our corrupt politicians are bringing this clash to our cities and suburbs.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join