It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SUV plows into crowd of people-Melbourne BREAKING NOW

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Quick...we need to ban SUV's!!

There's no reason anyone needs an SUV...all they do is kill people. It's their only purpose, killing people. Anyone who thinks people should be allowed to own SUV's is a complete idiot! SUV's are just tools of MURDER, plain and simple.

This is idiotic, SUV's clearly were not designed to hurt people, unlike Guns, the only reason Guns even exist is to hurt and kill.

Deny ignorance indeed....

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Why? Because it leads to the inevitable conclusion that...

A.) The liberal media is once again trying to shield people from reality.

B.) Murderers will be MURDERERS...regardless of the tool used. No matter how they try to spin it some other way to justify their stupid policies!

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

I know one word replies are frowned upon here, but...

HA!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I know one word replies are frowned upon here, but...

HA!!!

Precisely what I thought, after the initial groan and facepalm, when I read your post about banning SUV's. What's next, a post about how this terror attack (regardless of the motivation behind this, this was a terror attack, it was a deliberate act which caused Terror) could have been prevented if Australia embraced guns the way America has?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: Kalixi
a reply to: Xcathdra

That was in Frankston which is a few hours drive from Melb CBD. It occured a few hours later. No word whether the gas bottles blew in a freak accident or a deliberate, copy cat attack

You know a copycat attack is when someone copies someone else's type of terrorism? So a copycat attack, in this instance, would be someone driving a vehicle into pedestrians, I don't recall any recent terror attacks where the attackers blew up gas bottles at a shopping mall.

Just saying...

Semantics my friend,

I guess it more apt to term it as being "incited by" instead of "copycat"

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Facepalm yourself until you have an aneurysm for all I care, my answer would be "no".

Just another example of stupidity.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Facepalm yourself until you have an aneurysm for all I care, my answer would be "no".

Just another example of stupidity.

If you mean your talk of banning SUV's, I agree, beyond that, not sure what you mean. Your post about banning SUV's has brought nothing to the discussion...

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

a reply to: Xcathdra

That was in Frankston which is a few hours drive from Melb CBD. It occured a few hours later. No word whether the gas bottles blew in a freak accident or a deliberate, copy cat attack

You know a copycat attack is when someone copies someone else's type of terrorism? So a copycat attack, in this instance, would be someone driving a vehicle into pedestrians, I don't recall any recent terror attacks where the attackers blew up gas bottles at a shopping mall.

Just saying...

Semantics my friend,

I guess it more apt to term it as being "incited by" instead of "copycat"

Either way, thankfully, this is looking to be an unrelated accident so far

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

The second guy looks like he has an ear piercing.

Muslim men don’t pierce their ears.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Curious if he is a citizen.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Just like they dont drink, do drugs, fornicate, hurt innocent people, etc.

edit on 21-12-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Hope there are no deaths from this incident. Havn't read the other posts only the op.

You know yesterday morning I awoke expecting some terrible terrorist attack is about to happen somewhere and here is one. I just had this feeling as I've had before.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

From The Police conference:

A white Suzuki SUV with p-plates crashed into a large group of commuters and shoppers at the corner of Melbourne's busy Elizabeth Street and Flinders Street at 4.41pm on Thursday.

The 32-year-old Afghanistan immigrantdriver was known to police was arrested and is under police guard at hospital with shoulder and hand injuries.

A second 24-year-old man, with a bag of three knives in his possession, was arrested but police believe he had no link to the incident.

'Clarity on the second offender that is in custody, it has not yet been determined whether he was involved, and it is quite probable he was not,' Victoria Police said.

The 24-year-old man was seen filming the rampage.

The crash injured 19 people, two in a critical condition while a pre-school aged child was left with serious head injuries but is in a stable condition.

Victoria Police believe the incident has no link to terror-related attacks.

'We do not have any evidence to a connection with terrorism,' Victoria Police said.

'At this stage we believe it is a deliberate act, however we do not know the motivation.'

So a 24yo in the car, with a bag of knives, who was filming the rampage but police don't believe he was involved?? WTF VICPOL??

Why does the press always dribble out info like it won't all come out?

First two men, then "oh he's a mental drug addict" now it's he's an Afghanistan immigrant who had an accomplice with 3 knifes filing the event. But that person is not part of it.... he just had multiple knives and was filming it. Nothing to see here. Everyone there carris a bag of knives with them.

Why do they always make it sound like they are trying to downplay the obvious terror/Isis inspired attack stuff?

You can say they didn't know all the details but you could see from the photo who the person appeared to be. That part worldwide sickens me, how press and Govt always down play it.
edit on 21-12-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Chadwickus

Just like they dont drink, do drugs, fornicate, hurt innocent people, etc.

Don't forget they are staunchly anti gay as well, yet seem to have a very odd custom of dressing up boys and screwing them.

It's almost like a religion, and it's followers, are prone to hypocrisy. This might be the biggest discovery of the 21st century.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: visitedbythem

Does pig blood cure mental illness?

Meth addiction?

I’m curious as to why he’d need a blood transfusion from a pig?

#1 In this type of case it does. It offers incentive for a change in thought patterns and behavior.

#2 the pig blood must be free of Meth, thus being superior to the blood it replaces

#3 No you are not curious

Final conclusion: We have been dealing with this disgusting behavior with your style of address. How is that working out for you? It is not working out for us.

Last but not least: This may not be the true definition of insanity, but it sure does speak volumes : doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Thanks for sharing. Have a nice day.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

This is idiotic, SUV's clearly were not designed to hurt people, unlike Guns, the only reason Guns even exist is to hurt and kill.

Deny ignorance indeed....

This is idiotic since the reason something is created is irrelevant to the intention of the individual using it. Two-liter bottles were intended to contain liquids for sale--I might use a two-liter bottle to create a fish trap while camping. You know, I purchased two .75" oak dowels at Home Depot, cut them down to 26"-long sections, and use them for practicing my Eskrima martial arts. Did you know that my wife uses freezer paper in order to cut out stencils and use them to create shirts (when you iron it onto the shirt, the wax holds it tight to the surface so you can apply the paint/dye). Sometimes I use my wheelbarrow as a roller-coaster car for my 4-year-old daughter.

Point being, intended use during manufacturing means nothing when the individual uses it for a different purpose.

What do you tell the manufacturer of competition pistols that are designed for competition use only and not defensive weapons or "to hurt and kill"...does that make them not real guns, or mean that they cannot be used to kill or hurt?

Deny ignorance, indeed....

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

edit on 12/21/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: Save that one for another time.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Awww...maaaaaan...

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

i am on other side of planet and can figure out this was a terror attack . this pc fodder has to stop. he ran over a crowd while cohort documented it for you tube.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Banning transport, that's quite silly don't ya think.

Banning semi automatic weapons from the public Is a far cry from banning transport ,it's a pretty lame argument you're supporting there. Following that logic, we should have banned aeroplanes after 911....

edit on 21-12-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join