It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wells Fargo, Fifth Third Bancorp unveil minimum wage hikes after tax bill passage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Yes guys, I know you think it's right to tax business but guess what happens when you tax business?

It moves to another country.

Big surprise!!! If I am an investor I'm going to invest where my investment give me the most return including lowest tax rate. What is going to happen is now the dollar is going to strengthen and foreign investment will rise meaning there will be an increase in purchasing power of the dollar.

CNBC

Wells Fargo, meanwhile, also said it would be boosting its minimum wage for employees to $15 an hour, which was prompted by the tax plan. The San Francisco-based bank also said it would target $400 million in donations to community and nonprofit organizations next year.

No taxes do not benefit the economy they restrict and grow government. We want neither of those things.

IMO this is how Trump is leveraging congress into cutting their budget, but removing their funding. This is government 101.

This is good Trump.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

This is good news and balances the reports of 'no new employees'. More spendable income and income security.

Other than that, Wells Fargo has a horrible reputation now for their dirty tricks.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

If taxes were zero for business, would all manufacturing return to the US?

Or is it the cheap labor, lack of environmental regs, and lack of worker protections that draw corps to 3rd world countries?

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

you already know the answer to this question because you have been a member here long enough to have had them answered several times over

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Care to 'splain this?

Yes guys, I know you think it's right to tax business but guess what happens when you tax business?
It moves to another country.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

it's really obvious

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Let them. In a free market someone will take their place, right?

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

If your statement were obvious I would not ask.

Are you saying that taxes made corps move?

The reduced taxes are small potatoes compared to labor/environmental/worker rights savings. They ain't coming back.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

If your statement were obvious I would not ask.

Are you saying that taxes made corps move?

The reduced taxes are small potatoes compared to labor/environmental/worker rights savings. They ain't coming back.

I have to disagree. That is why Trump is slashing the environmental regulations. If you slash it, they will come.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

$2.25 for a disposable worker in mexico or a temp (disposable worker) at a min of $10 in the US?

Math makes making things in the US "too costly".

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Fifth Third and AT&T are paying employees special bonuses after getting tax cuts under the Republican tax plan.

Middle class jobs.

So all the bullsnip said against the tax plan is just that BULLSNIP.

Because they say the same snip every time tax cuts are proposed.

'They only benefit the rich' ad infinitum.

That other thread they were saying Wells Fargo was 'evil'.

The prez made them that way

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

$2.25 for a disposable worker in mexico or a temp (disposable worker) at a min of $10 in the US?

Maybe it is time to use the slogan "Buy American" again.

Edited to add that Trump has talked about charging those companies more money to bring their products back into America.
edit on 20-12-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Trump road into Washington with his huge bigly manhood in a wheel barrel too. He has learned real quick he isn't the end all to anything.
I won't hold my breath on wide sweeping tariffs.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
So one sh!!ty bank does something to try and save some face because of their many many past screw ups and you call this proof of the tax bills viability?

Don't be silly. We don't know yet how business will react to this new bill. I for one am hopeful but realistically we can't even have this conversation for at least another year.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

That is why Trump is slashing the environmental regulations. If you slash it, they will come.

As a person who grew up in nature and has been an avid outdoors man this statement makes me very sad.
I feel even worse for those hunters that voted for him and need a clean planet for their livelihood.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

That's why we turn to automation.

Automation, the real thing that is "Taken' our jubs!"

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

ok now we are getting somewhere. This article also says this.

Senior managers and top executives are excluded from the special payments

If this keeps up and the mandate repeal does not hurt my mothers healthcare costs than I will be very very happy about this tax bill.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Automation will be the deciding factor in what happens to people and what econ systems will prevail. There are many theories that point to a conservative capitalistic econ not being possible in an automated world.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Trump road into Washington with his huge bigly manhood in a wheel barrel too. He has learned real quick he isn't the end all to anything.

Did you really believe that it would come to a decisive end without a fight? Trump new it wouldn't, just like his supporters know it. You can say what you want, but Trump is winning. This tax cut is meant to be somewhat of a relief for the one's who have actually been paying taxes. For the one's who worked their ass's off. The one's who decided it is better to work overtime, because well, them bills are not going to pay for themselves, and the food my family needs isn't cheap. This will come as a relief to those people also.

I won't hold my breath on wide sweeping tariffs

It will be a fight, you can believe that.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

As a person who grew up in nature and has been an avid outdoors man this statement makes me very sad

Welcome to the jungle.

I feel even worse for those hunters that voted for him and need a clean planet for their livelihood.

Nature always takes it's coarse. If you complain that the use of resources is destroying our planet, but you live in a house that is run on electricity, and you buy things like computers and cars, and anything else built of plastic and metal and use the internet, then your virtue signaling really needs a signal booster, because your faux concern on the subject just became evident.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join