It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AT&T to give 200,000 employees 1K bonus and invest 1Billion due to tax reform.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Yea, paying $200,000,000 is an insult. Next time you get handed a check for 1,000 go ahead and hand it back disgusted and offended.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Any one could be a share holder. Buy some stock, boom you're a share holder.

A shareholder is considered to be any entity that has legal ownership of a company's shares. Having legal ownership means being recorded as the shares' owner by the company: when you buy a stock from another investor, three days after the transaction has occurred your name will appear on the company's record book, and you will be deemed the holder of record. The investor from whom you purchased the shares will at the same time be removed from the book of records. www.investopedia.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Yea, paying $200,000,000 is an insult. Next time you get handed a check for 1,000 go ahead and hand it back disgusted and offended.

Yes. My mistake. I admitted it already to a previous poster, and also said that it is a great deal of money. Agreed.

Also, agreed that individually, $1000.00 is a windfall that is worth being grateful for anyone. I perceived the total amount as an insult, but as you and another poster, (and I'm sure more to come) have pointed out, I was quite mistaken.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse
You're right. I can't math in the morning. My mistake.

Scratch that. That's a lot of money.

No worries, it's cool.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

It's all good.

Also it seems some are ignoring the $1 billion they announced they'll add to their domestic investments. That's a pretty good amount going into the economy.

Maybe it would be better if they gave the 1 billion to the employees.
edit on 21-12-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
There is always a cost, most businesses do not do something so generous without there being something in the shadows and now I have found out why. Yes AT&T is giving that bonus, and for the staff in 5 states, well they are all getting laid off. So what is more important that the employees get 1000 in bonuses, or the jobs of all of those employees who were just laid off before Christmas?

fox4kc.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
For those that say tax reform will do nothing for the economy or middle class and only benefits the rich, well AT&T is proving you wrong before the bill is even signed.

The telecom giant said in a press release on Wednesday that it would give more than 200,000 U.S. union members a special bonus of $1,000. The company also increased its capital expenditures budget by $1 billion in the U.S.
AT&T's CEO said it was in response to tax reform.

Good on AT&T. I hope many more companies follow their lead.

CNBC

I just want to say that I absolutely LOVE your Popeye drawing.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Well, no more hype behind this. The bonuses were going out regardless of taxes (which only makes sense, no company could organize the financials that fast), apparently only 10% of employees are getting them, and we're now up to two rounds of layoffs before the start of the next year.

I think it's safe to say tax reform had no impact on ATT's decision.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
giving the dogs a bone. i'm suitably underwhelmed by their generosity.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join